imo nitrado have to be the worst host of the lot apart from there customer service there servers are laggy as hell

try look into streamline or something like that

this is 6 servers of 12 with over 300 people on the 12 cells total on this box there is approx. 150 people on at the time of the screenshots 

when the servers came out they were hungry but with a engine.ini edit and the recent optimizations there much better to run

cpu usage.jpg

21 hours ago, Sakura said:

You boast about having great hosting at home and no issue, but yet all your servers are mostly empty. You can run 100 instance of Ark servers / atlas servers when they are empty on any hardware with any sort of internet. I highly doubt you have any sort of anti-ddos  protection or have the capacity to replace parts on the fly. Please stop suggesting people to buy their own hardware and host it off personal internet. 

Since you know absolutely nothing about what I have, or what I'm capable of, you might want to stop making a fool of yourself and pretending you do! 
1... Yes population is lower at non peak times. No Shit!
2... 99% of residential internet providers block DDoS before it gets anywhere close to the end-user
3... What have at my disposal FAR outreaches anything you can imagine! 

7 minutes ago, smooreace said:

Since you know absolutely nothing about what I have, or what I'm capable of, you might want to stop making a fool of yourself and pretending you do! 
1... Yes population is lower at non peak times. No Shit!
2... 99% of residential internet providers block DDoS before it gets anywhere close to the end-user
3... What have at my disposal FAR outreaches anything you can imagine! 

1. Your average population is less than 5 per server.

2. 0% of Residential connection have any protection against a direct ddos attack. In fact if you get ddosed on a residential connection, your isp might even drop you as a customer.

3. You got 1 server box running a bunch of services on it. Cool.

3 hours ago, Sakura said:

1. Your average population is less than 5 per server.

2. 0% of Residential connection have any protection against a direct ddos attack. In fact if you get ddosed on a residential connection, your isp might even drop you as a customer.

3. You got 1 server box running a bunch of services on it. Cool.

Again.... more jiggling of a nob gobbler with no clue WTF youre talking about! 

people have home hosted different types of games before atlas come out without much issue 

u don't need the all the hot swap and redundancy in the world to host a decent server with a decent amount of maps it doent need to be that hard core if u have some downtime for a few hours no one cares and nitrado ect don't have a 100% uptime anyway and a decent hardware firewall works fine ive hosted many game servers over they years 300-400+ people on them from old conquer online, ragnarok online, lineage 2 ect( with a 40mb upload back then mind u ) and never had 1 issue with ddos or hacking ect not saying it doesn't happen but half the people that play on the server wouldn't know how to do it and a decent firewall goes a long way 

just my 2c 

• Thanks 1

The problem is that people get their little twinky in a pinch when someone is smart enough to do the same or better by spending 1/4 the cost. Wow... you spent a pathetic fortune on a 7700!! Its got cores and sh!t!! I have more clock speed, more threads across 2 CPUs, and probably 4x the RAM.  OBVIOUSLY, I outperform you! Obviously, I will outperform you in any situation! Simply because I have MORE of everything you paid out the azz for! 

So be butthurt! That's your privilege! We all enjoy the laugh! 

1 minute ago, smooreace said:

The problem is that people get their little twinky in a pinch when someone is smart enough to do the same or better by spending 1/4 the cost. Wow... you spent a pathetic fortune on a 7700!! Its got cores and sh!t!! I have more clock speed, more threads across 2 CPUs, and probably 4x the RAM.  OBVIOUSLY, I outperform you! Obviously, I will outperform you in any situation! Simply because I have MORE of everything you paid out the azz for! 

So be butthurt! That's your privilege! We all enjoy the laugh! 

Just by your reply, I can tell you are full of it.

On 1/9/2019 at 10:59 PM, smooreace said:

I guess I read your initial comment poorly and never saw the 10 player part. My bad. 

No worries.

Now running a 2x2 on Windows Server 2016 with 4 dedicated cores and 16GB RAM without issues. 10 players happily harvesting and building with the only crash being server software related (bad admin command) rather than hardware related. Works best when booting up a server at a time but can handle booting the servers up at the same time (just takes longer for them to boot). I think it could benefit from additional RAM but it will do me fine until I go out and buy myself an R710 after my house move. I just don't have space for it right now and rack space is too much.

Kinda feel sad that It's all up and working now, I've enjoyed messing about with my first root server, I wanna do more server setting up 😞 Just wish there was a good free control panel for windows so that I didn't have to keep RDPing on to adjust/fix/update things. Or just release the damn Linux server files!

rumgone.jpg

where is the rum? sorry dude but wha whazzzz the topighsss again? im gone 🙂

Answer: Topic is BEST PRIVATE SERVER HOSTING and not about butthurting...

I also wait for the Linux files. more options and way better for myself to manage the stuff.

Edited by Buccaneers

I have not yet rented an Atlas server but I used Host Havoc for a small Conan Exiles server and really liked them.  I know 0 about server stuff and had no idea what I was doing but found customer service at Host havoc was great.  During the year I had the server I had to contact customer service three times and each time received a reply almost immediately.  A real live person reply, not the autogenerated email reply. 

The only reason I have not chosen them to use for Atlas is the lowest player count is listed at 20.  I just need a 10 person count server.   Waiting until the end of January to see where everything stands to rent a server then. 

16 minutes ago, Mother Talzin said:

I have not yet rented an Atlas server but I used Host Havoc for a small Conan Exiles server and really liked them.  I know 0 about server stuff and had no idea what I was doing but found customer service at Host havoc was great.  During the year I had the server I had to contact customer service three times and each time received a reply almost immediately.  A real live person reply, not the autogenerated email reply. 

The only reason I have not chosen them to use for Atlas is the lowest player count is listed at 20.  I just need a 10 person count server.   Waiting until the end of January to see where everything stands to rent a server then. 

Don't waste your money! There are far too many servers out there where you will get as good, if not far better, playing experience with no work on your part!