Dunno but after running an ark cluster for a year, my two cents is I would strongly encourage you not to make cost your main factor in deciding host provider. This is one of those things where quality really matters imo moreso than the rather incremental differences in cost. If you go with a slightly cheaper provider, but their crappy service winds up costing your group endless headaches, was it really worth it? I have experienced both good and bad Ark providers. Sorry I can't recommend an Atlas one, but gl.

• Thanks 1

If you have IT people in your group, host it yourself. Results hundreds of times better than subscribing to some service.

My group runs a 3x3 grid out of one of the admin's basements. We have 3-4 professional IT people (myself included) that do all the server configuration, maintenance, etc. and we have complete control over the state of the server and internet connection, all for the cost of the hardware (around $500 for a used enterprise VM host with the specs needed) and a decent internet connection at the host's house.

The main admin takes donations from our players to pay for the server hardware and any upgrades for the server we want to work toward to expand our hosting (currently the ATLAS 3x3 and 5 ARK maps). If we get enough donations for an upgrade, we can always expand our ATLAS grid, or add another ARK map, or even an entirely new game to our hosting setup.

2 minutes ago, Dinenon said:

If you have IT people in your group, host it yourself. Results hundreds of times better than subscribing to some service.

My group runs a 3x3 grid out of one of the admin's basements. We have 3-4 professional IT people (myself included) that do all the server configuration, maintenance, etc. and we have complete control over the state of the server and internet connection, all for the cost of the hardware (around $500 for a used enterprise VM host with the specs needed) and a decent internet connection at the host's house.

The main admin takes donations from our players to pay for the server hardware and any upgrades for the server we want to work toward to expand our hosting (currently the ATLAS 3x3 and 5 ARK maps). If we get enough donations for an upgrade, we can always expand our ATLAS grid, or add another ARK map, or even an entirely new game to our hosting setup.

*is in sales*

*reads this and starts thinking about how to con convince an IT person or two to join his group so they can do this.*

2 hours ago, archaegeo said:

Right now Nitrado because thats who the devs are working with.

I second that. Most robust and flexible implementation so far. Other hosting companies have no clue how to proper set an Atlas server.

But if you can host your on solution, that would be ideal.

I would say avoid nitrado, i've had a bad experience with them before with ark hosting. I'd suggest if you have a huge amount of money and linux/windows knowledge to rent a vps or dedicated machine otherwise go with a host like citadelservers, i've used them for ark hosting before and when atlas gets fixed up more i plan on renting from them, on live chat they told me they support clustering and offer a discount on extra servers.

We've been trying to get Nitrado to do a full wipe for us (since there's no way for us to do it on our own on their service).  It's been a week and they still haven't responded to my ticket.  And their support line is only open like 4-hours a day.

It's nice that they do all the updates for us and give us a page for configuring the server through the web vs through a text file, but we've had to alter the text files extensively anyway and the support (or lack thereof) is making me reconsider using them.

I'd stay away until they get their act together.

12 minutes ago, vsalyan said:

We've been trying to get Nitrado to do a full wipe for us (since there's no way for us to do it on our own on their service).  It's been a week and they still haven't responded to my ticket.  And their support line is only open like 4-hours a day.

It's nice that they do all the updates for us and give us a page for configuring the server through the web vs through a text file, but we've had to alter the text files extensively anyway and the support (or lack thereof) is making me reconsider using them.

I'd stay away until they get their act together.

You can do a full wipe with Nitrado, you just go into the file manager and delete the save file. I use their service and did it not long ago. 

For a full wipe of the map you just need to delete the saves via control panel or ftp.

For a full reinstall of your server just click on "Reinstall" on your control panel. On my 1st attempt I screwed up my server so much that I used it and it was just like new.

If u want to host it by yourself , go to netcup !  you got dedicated CPU and much RAM for  low budget.  Take a look https://www.netcup.de/vserver/

i choose the RS4000G8  with 32 GB RAM and 10 Core. I host a 2x3 Grid .  25 GB RAM is in use and 60% of CPU-usage.

Best wishes 😃

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 9:31 PM, Jordiii said:

If u want to host it by yourself , go to netcup !  you got dedicated CPU and much RAM for  low budget.  Take a look https://www.netcup.de/vserver/

i choose the RS4000G8  with 32 GB RAM and 10 Core. I host a 2x3 Grid .  25 GB RAM is in use and 60% of CPU-usage.

Best wishes 😃

Thanks for the suggestion. I really wanted to manage it all myself so I've signed up to these guys on the RS2000 package. Just waiting for them to approve. Will set up a 2x1 or something once it's all running.

On 1/3/2019 at 9:31 PM, Jordiii said:

Best wishes 😃

Hi,
Just wondering how busy your grid is (e.g. how many players on average)?

Sorry to piggy back your post, but could any of you lend some assistance on setting up an OVH server?

Managed to get it all running and my friends and I play on it, but any time I make an INI change it starts the server/grids from a fresh save instead of the existing prior to changes. Everything else seems to be great lol, just this tiny 'headache'

Many thanks in advance!!

3 hours ago, Jordiii said:

If u need help send me a pm 🙂

Thanks.

I'm assuming it requires Windows and that Windows is an available option for these Root Servers?

18 minutes ago, Munra said:

Dont use Nitrado Costumer service is junk.  

G-Portal Customer service is amazing. I bought a server, it was set up instantly but they didn't have custom maps yet. I put in a support ticket asking for it and they replied within 2 minutes saying it would be next week. After several exchanges they refunded my money. All this was done within an hour at 8pm on a Sunday. If I go for an actual server host I'd go for them.

As for Nitrado, as @Munra says, they are garbage. They do not set up instantly but don't make that obvious. I've been asking for a refund for 2 days now but still no response. In the mean time they have just installed my server.

BEST hosting is done by yourself! There is no hosting company out there that's worth a damn that doesn't cost a fortune! Spend $700 on your own server and host it yourself. The payoff is less than 6 months AND you OWN a BA server, in the end, to do with as you wish! $700 will give you the resources to handle a 2x3 easily that can handle 75players+ on each grid. 

That is IF you have at least 100down/20up internet

44 minutes ago, smooreace said:

BEST hosting is done by yourself! There is no hosting company out there that's worth a damn that doesn't cost a fortune! Spend $700 on your own server and host it yourself. The payoff is less than 6 months AND you OWN a BA server, in the end, to do with as you wish! $700 will give you the resources to handle a 2x3 easily that can handle 75players+ on each grid. 

That is IF you have at least 100down/20up internet

I actually agree and normally do host my own servers as I am lucky I have a 1 gig home connection however i just didn't have the hardware to run a bunch of atlas server but I have been on ebay all day looking at some older dell servers. 

1 hour ago, Largoat said:

G-Portal Customer service is amazing. I bought a server, it was set up instantly but they didn't have custom maps yet. I put in a support ticket asking for it and they replied within 2 minutes saying it would be next week. After several exchanges they refunded my money. All this was done within an hour at 8pm on a Sunday. If I go for an actual server host I'd go for them.

As for Nitrado, as @Munra says, they are garbage. They do not set up instantly but don't make that obvious. I've been asking for a refund for 2 days now but still no response. In the mean time they have just installed my server.

I have heard several good things about g portal wish I would of waited.  My problem with Nitrado is not the servers, its with the time it takes to respond to a ticked or responded with a canned message that as nothing to do with the question asked. And general lack of communication.  Like if its a dev problem how hard is it to add an announcement to their forum or control panel that they are aware of the problem.  If I had know its a bigger problem then just me I wouldn't even submit a support ticket. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jordiii said:

@Largoat Yes and yes 😃

Dunno if you missed my question but in case you did.. was just wondering how busy your grid is?