Toto Rockabilly

Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

every time i get this error an the game crashed...

LowLevelFatalError [File:H:\YARKUpdate\Engine\Source\Runtime\Windows\D3D11RHI\Private\D3D11Util.cpp] [Line: 176] 
Unreal Engine is exiting due to D3D device being lost. (Error: 0x887A0006 - 'HUNG')

VERSION: 8.56 
KERNELBASE.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffce59b5299) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
AtlasGame.exe!FError::LowLevelFatal() (0x00007ff6bf580651) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\core\private\misc\outputdevice.cpp:354]
AtlasGame.exe!TerminateOnDeviceRemoved() (0x00007ff6bf94a599) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:189]
AtlasGame.exe!VerifyD3D11Result() (0x00007ff6bf94a63a) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11util.cpp:225]
AtlasGame.exe!FD3D11DynamicRHI::RHICreateUniformBuffer() (0x00007ff6bf948b6f) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\windows\d3d11rhi\private\d3d11uniformbuffer.cpp:273]
AtlasGame.exe!RHICreateUniformBuffer() (0x00007ff6be44f9ef) + 38 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\rhi\public\dynamicrhi.h:1361]
AtlasGame.exe!SetUniformBufferParameterImmediate<FRHIPixelShader * __ptr64,FDeferredLightUniformStruct>() (0x00007ff6c0a29b9a) + 23 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\shadercore\public\shaderparameterutils.h:434]
AtlasGame.exe!SetDeferredLightParameters<FRHIPixelShader * __ptr64>() (0x00007ff6c0a23d9c) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\lightrendering.h:107]
AtlasGame.exe!TDeferredLightPS<1,1,1,1,0>::SetParameters() (0x00007ff6c0a24648) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\lightrendering.cpp:78]
AtlasGame.exe!SetShaderTemplLighting<0,1,0,0>() (0x00007ff6c0a2211b) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\lightrendering.cpp:774]
AtlasGame.exe!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderLight() (0x00007ff6c0a0abb1) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\lightrendering.cpp:971]
AtlasGame.exe!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::RenderLights() (0x00007ff6c0a095e1) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\lightrendering.cpp:462]
AtlasGame.exe!FDeferredShadingSceneRenderer::Render() (0x00007ff6c09768bb) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\deferredshadingrenderer.cpp:988]
AtlasGame.exe!RenderViewFamily_RenderThread() (0x00007ff6c0a66a9c) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\renderer\private\scenerendering.cpp:1211]
AtlasGame.exe!TGraphTask<`FRendererModule::BeginRenderingViewFamily'::`13'::EURCMacro_FDrawSceneCommand>::ExecuteTask() (0x00007ff6c0a8139d) + 16 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\core\public\async\taskgraphinterfaces.h:871]
AtlasGame.exe!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksNamedThread() (0x00007ff6bf4f6608) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:939]
AtlasGame.exe!FNamedTaskThread::ProcessTasksUntilQuit() (0x00007ff6bf4f57bd) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\core\private\async\taskgraph.cpp:680]
AtlasGame.exe!RenderingThreadMain() (0x00007ff6bf9bc7a9) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:265]
AtlasGame.exe!FRenderingThread::Run() (0x00007ff6bf9bcb60) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\rendercore\private\renderingthread.cpp:385]
AtlasGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::Run() (0x00007ff6bf5c7996) + 0 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:73]
AtlasGame.exe!FRunnableThreadWin::GuardedRun() (0x00007ff6bf5c7868) + 8 bytes [h:\yarkupdate\engine\source\runtime\core\private\windows\windowsrunnablethread.cpp:26]
KERNEL32.DLL!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffce8eb7e94) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffce98fa251) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]
ntdll.dll!UnknownFunction (0x00007ffce98fa251) + 0 bytes [UnknownFile:0]

Same here. i start the Game, the Main screen appeares and than the Game freezes and seconds later the Error message. cant play since the Patch

1 hour ago, Jatheish said:

This is a long-standing UE4 issue we've been investigating for a while, as have Epic themselves (the creators of the Unreal Engine). They're targetting a fix for the issue in an upcoming update, we'll be pulling in all their merges as well as carrying out our own investigation:

https://issues.unrealengine.com/issue/UE-51650

Curiously, have you experienced this on ARK and if so, would you say it's just as frequent? 

I am not sure if this will help at all, but I had a similar issue with Ark a while back. It kept happening again and again. I tried everything I could think of, but didn’t manage to resolve the issue at first. I reverted my graphics drivers to older versions several times but this didn’t help at all. It reduced the crashes somewhat but didn’t cure the issues.

The strange thing is that I bought a new SSD for my system and cloned my hard drive in order to move my OS. This cloning process did not clone my my virtual memory or paging file as it is called, and my issues were completely resolved after the new SSD was in use for my OS (windows 10).

The issue did appear one time since with Ark, but setting my system to use no paging file, restarting it and then setting the paging file to system managed again, resolved the issue once more.

I am not sure it will help you, but it’s worth a try.

Until now I haven’t had a single issue with crashes in Atlas at all.

I have had this issue since release and also encountered it in ARK before. I did alot of investigation and tried everything I could find via google because I lost quite a bit of ships and other stuff when the game crashed while fighting. The one and only thing that actually worked was lowering the core clock and memory clock of my gpu via MSI Afterburner. I own a GTX 1080 TI. Before I had this error multiple times a session and now not even once since adjusting gpu mhz via this software. Just for reference I lowered both by 100 MHz but I'm no expert at this. Maybe someone has more insight.

I have same problem in Atlas! I have played Ark for 200 hours, with no problems! And now i cant even enter Atlas. I searched everywhere...

Error_a.jpg

Edited by Synt_eye

On 1/3/2019 at 10:47 AM, Jatheish said:

This is a long-standing UE4 issue we've been investigating for a while, as have Epic themselves (the creators of the Unreal Engine). They're targetting a fix for the issue in an upcoming update, we'll be pulling in all their merges as well as carrying out our own investigation:

Curiously, have you experienced this on ARK and if so, would you say it's just as frequent? 

I did have a couple crashes like this the time I tried to stream Ark before Atlas launched. I was told it was the RAM but I had 16 gb so I didn't think it was that. Plus it still does it on Low Memory Mode. Any idea when this might be fixed? I'm way too hyped about this game and I really want to do more then be a Resource gatherer for my company.

Also, thanks for getting a response in. I know we've been jerks.

I get this problem with my RTX 2080TI but my GTX 1080 with same drivers and exact same settings works fine. It MUST be a driver issue.

I also have this crash with my ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080TI Overclocked. I can't find anything to help. thought maybe HEAT was causing it. my card only gets to 54c and it crashes so it's not that.

I'm having the same issue...I have a RTX 2080 XC, not overclocked or overheated. Happens at random and I've found no fix for it as well. Please help!! I've only experienced this with Atlas, not ARK.

On 1/3/2019 at 12:47 PM, Jatheish said:

This was never fixed.... Why?