Sign in to follow this  
MattOfSmith

Reporting a griefer/extreme use of racial slurs/now using third party cheats

14 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: MAYBE YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND AMERICAN LAWS BUT HERE YOU GO. ALSO I DONT DEFEND THE RACIEST, I DO DEFEND FREEDOM OF SPEECH :skull:

Freedom of speech includes the right: 

• To use certain offensive words and phrases to convey political messages.
    Cohen v. California, 403 U.S. 15 (1971).

:skull: WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY "YOU PEOPLE"

I love when people yell at someone for not understanding something while clearly showing they don't understand it.  The others are right in saying this isn't a US game or a US server, but even if it was, here you go.  Might save you the embarrassment of repeating that crap in other situations:

Freedom of speech  in the US is granted in the first amendment to the constitution.  It says GOVERNMENT SHALL MAKE NO LAWS restricting the freedom of speech.  It's about government making laws.  It does not stop, for example, a business from requiring that you do not use certain language while you're there, or stop your employer from restricting your speech.

If you look in the Articles of Agreement  section of this very forum,  Grapeshot is restricting your speech and does not want to see  Any behaviour that involves racism, discrimination, or personalized harassment.   

As they are not the US government, they are perfectly free to do this.  Freedom of Speech in the way you mean it is not a "thing".    What you are fighting is something entirely different -  civilization and manners.   Most people like both of those.

• Like 2

I"d just like to say that the only reason I'm still reading this thread is because of the use of "pilchard" and "numpty" in it.  Please do continue with that.

Edited by Winter Thorne
  • Like 1

While he is upset and not everyone is the same, he is mad at the way they are grieving him , some players get off making the game hell for others and with that a set of rules need to be implemented but it takes time and trust me angry and upset after losing 6 boats , catching someone walking through a wall in our base and looting everything that i spent 100 hours on a damn raft;P getting all the seeds growing the crops to lose them all to a third party cheat. Want to rob etc go to pvp that is what its for and no i wont go to a private server. Many of these issues we had in ark and they were eventually fixed. They have been more responsive and keeping players up to date. Just don't lower yourself to his level and name call back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MattOfSmith said:

How would you like it if someone lived next door to you and shouted it at you constantly? Put 20 signs in your yard that said it? Put a sign in THEIR yard that said it? Broke into your house and stole your stuff. Crashed your car just so he could salvage it for parts? Painted his house to match yours and started dressing exactly like you, trying to get people to think he's you? And he did this every. single. day?

:skull: YOU WANT TO KEEP CRYING BUD? SHOULD I GET BAN FOR CALLING YOU A CRY BABY? YOUR CHOOSINESS TO RESPOND BY LOOKING AT THE CONTENT INSTEAD OF IGNORING IT HALF THE TIME I DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MESSAGES AND IF THERE IS SOMETHING I DONT LIKE I JUST IGNORE IT BUT YOU ON THE OTHER HAND ARE SUCH A LITTLE CRY BABY ABOUT WHAT SOMEONE SAYS ON A VIDEO GAME THAT YOU WILL GO TO THE EXTREME OF GETTING THEM BAN IN OTHER WORDS THEY ARE OUT THE 25 DOLLARS THEY PAID FOR A GAME BECAUSE YOU! ARE! OFFENDED! .... IS THAT RIGHT? :skull:

1 minute ago, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: YOU WANT TO KEEP CRYING BUD? SHOULD I GET BAN FOR CALLING YOU A CRY BABY? YOUR CHOOSINESS TO RESPOND BY LOOKING AT THE CONTENT INSTEAD OF IGNORING IT HALF THE TIME I DONT PAY ATTENTION TO THE MESSAGES AND IF THERE IS SOMETHING I DONT LIKE I JUST IGNORE IT BUT YOU ON THE OTHER HAND ARE SUCH A LITTLE CRY BABY ABOUT WHAT SOMEONE SAYS ON A VIDEO GAME THAT YOU WILL GO TO THE EXTREME OF GETTING THEM BAN IN OTHER WORDS THEY ARE OUT THE 25 DOLLARS THEY PAID FOR A GAME BECAUSE YOU! ARE! OFFENDED! .... IS THAT RIGHT? :skull:

You obviously didn't read anything. If it were just the racism and it happened once or twice, I wouldn't care. But the racism, on top of the GRIEFING and the CHEATING are the major issues. But, you're welcome to read what you want to create a false narrative while ignoring any relative information, you do you.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Littlelucifer said:

While he is upset and not everyone is the same, he is mad at the way they are grieving him , some players get off making the game hell for others and with that a set of rules need to be implemented but it takes time and trust me angry and upset after losing 6 boats , catching someone walking through a wall in our base and looting everything that i spent 100 hours on a damn raft;P getting all the seeds growing the crops to lose them all to a third party cheat. Want to rob etc go to pvp that is what its for and no i wont go to a private server. Many of these issues we had in ark and they were eventually fixed. They have been more responsive and keeping players up to date. Just don't lower yourself to his level and name call back. 

:skull: I CAN AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT 

Just now, MattOfSmith said:

You obviously didn't read anything. If it were just the racism and it happened once or twice, I wouldn't care. But the racism, on top of the GRIEFING and the CHEATING are the major issues. But, you're welcome to read what you want to create a false narrative while ignoring any relative information, you do you.

:skull: ARE YOU SAYING I CANT READ? IM OFFENDED :skull:

9 hours ago, Not Happy said:

I think you somewhat overestimate Twitter and Email and underestimate forum posts.

That being said I feel they are aware of these issues (exploits, offensive behavour) anyway, but dealing with them is on the backburner. Exploit fixes often going unmentioned in upcoming patch notes for obvious reasons, but any feedback adds fuel to the fire of urgency or prioritization of these issues.

Also helps the chance there will be some sort of official response wherever that should come.

Personally I'd like to know if they do plan on doing something about the aforementioned offensive behavour, I'm not going to waste my time hanging around with or rather even near a bunch of pillocks who think it is fun to yell the N word as some sort of meme joke. It's not funny, it's not clever, it isn't even trolling, it's just being a prat.

Once again, I agree with almost everything you said. Here is not the place. Might be unfortunate but it is the truth.

now back to where I do agree with you. Wildcard has not handled such circumstances well in the past... ark.

rather they do anything for certain or not, that is one thing I do not claim to know about them because they have kept that very cloak and dagger on how they handle this sort of thing.

i definitely do not expect it to be soon though, by any situation. 

They are having a very hard time with the promises they made. Jat has been communicating in an almost par fashion, so I will give them that.

sad truth is there is no sight of actual optimization or server performance. I would see that as having cheaters very low of the priority list. Hey if someone wants to argue and be a white knight? Go ahead see what happens.

white knight wasn’t directed at you btw not happy. So don’t make it about that.

these poor people that don’t understand wildcard or that haven’t experienced wildcard need to be coddled. They have no idea what they are in store for. 

Its really sad. Some of these poor $&@@@ still believe anything they say 😂😂

this world is going to the left and there is nothing we can do about it 

8 hours ago, Sulfurblade said:

So your suggestiong the best fix for a griefer / troll is to be a griefer / troll....

Lets get one thing straight, locking up a person in a cage so they cannot do anything for hours and or days on end is just as bad of behavior as the crap being pointed out in this thread!!!

"Just as bad behavior" for using an in-game mechanic? Playing the wrong game maybe bud?

On 1/7/2019 at 9:56 AM, Not Happy said:

You don't understand the concept freedom of speech let alone any legalities.

Also, this is an international game numpty with EU regional servers. Your consitution isn't even applicable to the NA servers which includes ALL of NA and not just the USA.

FYI Please don't judge us all bye the actions of the few.

I am Retired Navy, served in Gulf 1 and 2, and this guy is a jack ass...

He seems to be confusing Freedom of speech with Freedom to Hate, our founding fathers put in place the ability for our citizens to speak out against tyranny and persecution.  

When you place a Swastika and use the racist words in the way the people being reported did that is NOT FREE speech.  That is Intimidation this is the use of obscene language to provoke a reaction, none of this is protected bye the freedom of speech!  In fact its a poster child of what is not protected....

• Like 1