Sign in to follow this  
MattOfSmith

Reporting a griefer/extreme use of racial slurs/now using third party cheats

1 hour ago, Realist said:

No you aren’t reporting anything. You are breaking the forum rules.

and guess what you put the n word on this forum. He didn’t. 

He should be ashamed for typing it in game.

you should be ashamed for plastering it on the forums. There could be kids on here.

you are literally just as bad as he is. Disgusting 

oh boy. 

some measures of right and wrong are so messed up in this thread that it´s actually nauseating. 
people defending racism and bigotry. Defending or trivializing Nazi symbols

what the fuck is wrong with people ? why is it that in front of a computer, all over sudden being morally corrupt is ok ? 

"griefing is ok, just grief back".
"insults are not bad, just insult back". ... 

what the F ???

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, psykikk said:

oh boy. 

some measures of right and wrong are so messed up in this thread that it´s actually nauseating. 

what the fuck is wrong with people ? why is it that in front of a computer, all over sudden being morally corrupt is ok ? 

what the F ???

This is a sarcasm, can't see it?, they simply tell that first, can''t "name and shame" on the forums, no mater how bad the reported person is and how stupid that rule is and second, they warn that such "disgusting" behavior will get them banned. (or atleast that's how understanding it?)

On 1/3/2019 at 9:44 PM, Malfunktion said:

Yes you ate toxic too. If you stick up for racists you are one yourself 

What a pot of horse shit that is, maybe some people dont subscribe to the political correct sheepal club?
Some people like to think for themself.

3 hours ago, Realist said:

No you aren’t reporting anything. You are breaking the forum rules.

Can't find that one in the articles of agreement, can you show me?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nightstrasza said:

Um, nigga is not a racist thing, mean, in english that would be maybe um... "black ppl"?, hey, black ppl, wanna play? it just sounds stupid. Just say them back whatever they call white or yellow ones if wanna ever talk, or considering they just take so much pride in spamming it, don't bother, could see them banned for all the other stuff tho as it must be annoying living next to such griefer/spammer (don't care about swastika too).

are u 12 ? try going up to black guy in street and say hey NIGGA while wearing a swastika see what happens , come back here and make us all laugh ...

Just now, UDO said:

are u 12 ? try going up to black guy in street and say hey NIGGA while wearing a swastika see what happens , come back here and make us all laugh ...

No need to be rude. He's probably from a different country where racism isn't as prevalent as the US.

1 minute ago, MattOfSmith said:

No need to be rude. He's probably from a different country where racism isn't as prevalent as the US.

try again every country has the same thoughts on racism as anywhere else in the world people from EU even more so as they were got the brunt of the racism under the nazi regime ,

my daughter who is only 8 knows the difference between what is right and wrong ,knows it wrong to go around calling people niggas , and once she is educated more and understand what happened in one of the worlds darkest times she will understand the power of symbols and how they can instill hate and fear into many different people   , 

age and where u are from is not an excuse ..

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, UDO said:

No need to go that far...

Try doing it at work/school/in a shop/restaurant/any place where civilized people gather and see how quickly you get fired/expelled/kicked out/told to leave.

I find people being oversensitive anoying as hell, but being oversensitive is... I dunno.. making a scientist give a tearful apology for wearing a shirt, it certainly isn't when somebody finds it distasteful to spam racial abuse.

Edited by Not Happy

The guy in the screenshots is just a troll.  People reacting to it is exactly as designed.  Give this guy no air time, no brain focus, no attention, and ignore him.  Troll back.

The guy is doing everything in the book to get peeps rallied.  You peeps are falling hook line and sinker for it.  Don't rise to it as they say.

3 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

The guy in the screenshots is just a troll.  People reacting to it is exactly as designed.  Give this guy no air time, no brain focus, no attention, and ignore him.  Troll back.

The guy is doing everything in the book to get peeps rallied.  You peeps are falling hook line and sinker for it.  Don't rise to it as they say.

He's not just a troll though. He is also pin code hacking, abusing window glitches, and abusing weight glitches to sink people's ships. Saw him solo sink at least 2 brigs today alone.

1 minute ago, Vorxius said:

In general this is good advice...

However, this behavior should not be condoned either and the developers should do away (Ban) these individuals.  There is no need for there kind in society...

No the issue I see are people on the forum who are defending or marginalizing these low life's!  This is a person trying to do the right thing, bye reporting the behavior. 

• Like 2

The real issue here is the complete lack of dev response to these issues.

We have seen no reports of bans for cheating, Battleeye is off, racism is rampant, and you cant block individuals in game without turning off in game voice for everyone (and that doesnt help chat, symbols on flags, or territory popups)

Its really getting out of control and we dont even have an email address or /report feature in game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

The real issue here is the complete lack of dev response to these issues.

We have seen no reports of bans for cheating, Battleeye is off, racism is rampant, and you cant block individuals in game without turning off in game voice for everyone (and that doesnt help chat, symbols on flags, or territory popups)

Its really getting out of control and we dont even have an email address or /report feature in game.

^^

this. 

no rules brings the exact same results as rules with no one enforcing them. 

it seems like they dont care what happens on the actual servers as long as people are on the servers. 

gone are the days when mods and admins were ghosting servers, helping players, moderating, banning, muting, etc. being the "police" to make sure the community behaves

like normal beings. also in todays age and advanced techn in chat systems, word recognition etc I still dont get it why no freakin game company is able to reliably block and then - up to a certain point- automatically ban this behavior. 

i know a kids thats like 12, maybe 14. and he can already make an image recognition bot with free tools on the web. implement that and good bye to swastika flags and such shit in an online game, followed by an automatic 24h ban for the guy trying to upload it. 

done. how hard could that be?

Edited by psykikk

8 minutes ago, Sulfurblade said:

In general this is good advice...

However, this behavior should not be condoned either and the developers should do away (Ban) these individuals.  There is no need for there kind in society...

No the issue I see are people on the forum who are defending or marginalizing these low life's!  This is a person trying to do the right thing, bye reporting the behavior. 

8 minutes ago, MattOfSmith said:

He's not just a troll though. He is also pin code hacking, abusing window glitches, and abusing weight glitches to sink people's ships. Saw him solo sink at least 2 brigs today alone.

You're both right though, the guy is clearly bored, and projecting that on to others game experience is very much against the developer and atlas spirit of the game..  so report and document the crap behavior.  Just don't rise to it.  Ignore him as much as possible in game, and continue to document his wrong doings.  Ultimately he is ruining the game experience for other players.   There's no justification in that... and to add (literally) insult to injury he's topping it up with deplorable language.  He'll get his, don't worry.  Just don't humor him.  You're just feeding him.

1 minute ago, Vorxius said:

You're both right though, the guy is clearly bored, and projecting that on to others game experience is very much against the developer and atlas spirit of the game..  so report and document the crap behavior.  Just don't rise to it.  Ignore him as much as possible in game, and continue to document his wrong doings.  Ultimately he is ruining the game experience for other players.   There's no justification in that... and to add (literally) insult to injury he's topping it up with deplorable language.  He'll get his, don't worry.  Just don't humor him.  You're just feeding him.

There is no official way to report him. Thats the problem, show me a post/webpage for reporting? There certainly isnt a feature in the game.

Just now, Vorxius said:

You're both right though, the guy is clearly bored, and projecting that on to others game experience is very much against the developer and atlas spirit of the game..  so report and document the crap behavior.  

oh is it ? then why dont we see any official response and statement regarding this and other stuff happening ?

is this fiorum even moderated at all ? 
I saw maybe ONE moderator post in  all the threads I was an am active in. ONE. 

this topic shoukld generate an almost automatic, official response. lock the thread, deal with the issue. go on. 

in this forum you almost get the same hostility and toxicity that you meet online on the servers. just a bit less insults and obvious racism. 

Personally I don't think the main game / main servers are working as intended anyway.  It's going to take much time.  The griefing / insults and hostility / trolling on official servers just puts many off.  It sounds like it may be time to find a community on a private server, and enjoy playing.  It changes the game immensely. 

2 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

Personally I don't think the main game / main servers are working as intended anyway.  It's going to take much time.  The griefing / insults and hostility / trolling on official servers just puts many off.  It sounds like it may be time to find a community on a private server, and enjoy playing.  It changes the game immensely. 

Yeah, I personally usually play on an unofficial server. Unfortunately, with the way this game is made, it is incredibly difficult to find full sized unofficial servers because of how expensive it would be to host one. Most of the ones i've looked at have only been like 3x3 grids, rather than the full 15x15

1 minute ago, MattOfSmith said:

Yeah, I personally usually play on an unofficial server. Unfortunately, with the way this game is made, it is incredibly difficult to find full sized unofficial servers because of how expensive it would be to host one. Most of the ones i've looked at have only been like 3x3 grids, rather than the full 15x15

Exactly, some of us came for the promise of a MMO large world.  We want that, not small 3x3 (or ive found a 5x5).  

And none of that has to do with the fact that on official servers there should be some consequences and a way to report and a way to block.

• Like 1

eventually you'll want to come back to the main servers, but for testing mechanics, getting to understand and know the skill trees and experiment to find 'your' game in all this mess, I think private servers are the way to go to experience and like the game.  Official servers are such a mess a) with bugs, b) tuning issues, c) players taking everything over, d) predators encumbering progression for small bands, e) trolls and griefers and........ many more.  Sad because we should all be able to get on with Official servers, but alas until the game designers start laying down the law, it's too restrictive and problematic unless you're in a large company.

2 hours ago, psykikk said:

oh boy. 

what the F ???

Not clue what point you are trying to make.

the guy shouldn’t have said it in game and this guy shouldn’t have plastered it on the forums.

i never defended anyone’s actions at all.

if you are saying I should defend this guy for putting it in the forums? Not a chance. Completely unacceptable behavior.

i don’t want to see that word in game as well as on the forums.

doing the wrong thing for the right reason is still doing the wrong thing.

:skull: DUDE GET OVER IT! IM HALF BLACK AND I HAVE BEEN CALLED BOTH RACIAL SLURS. WHAT DO YOU WANT THE DEVS TO DO HERE? BAN ANYONE WHO HURTS SOMEONE ONES FEELINGS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY SAY? THIS GAME IS HAVING A HARD TIME ENOUGH GETTING NEW PLAYERS ALONE WITH KEEPING PEOPLE WHO ARE QUIETING LEFT AND RIGHT. MAYBE THEY WILL ADD IN A IGNORE OR SOMETHING SO PEOPLE WILL STOP CRYING A:skull:READING SHIT THEY OTHERWISE CHOSE TO SEE! 

10 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

:skull: DUDE GET OVER IT! IM HALF BLACK AND I HAVE BEEN CALLED BOTH RACIAL SLURS. WHAT DO YOU WANT THE DEVS TO DO HERE? BAN ANYONE WHO HURTS SOMEONE ONES FEELINGS BECAUSE OF WHAT THEY SAY? THIS GAME IS HAVING A HARD TIME ENOUGH GETTING NEW PLAYERS ALONE WITH KEEPING PEOPLE WHO ARE QUIETING LEFT AND RIGHT. MAYBE THEY WILL ADD IN A IGNORE OR SOMETHING SO PEOPLE WILL STOP CRYING A:skull:READING SHIT THEY OTHERWISE CHOSE TO SEE! 

I am sorry you got verbally abuse. 
does that make it ok for you that people keep doing htis ? 

woukd you rather play in an environment that lets this behavior go unpunished or something that is free of obvious hate speech, racism and bigotry, etc etc ? 

if everybody turns a blind eye to this kind of behaviour, I will 100% guarantee you that this game will never attract a decent and friendly community. and if it does (most people I personall met are very cool and friendly) it wioll certainly not keep it for long. 

it takes only a handful of idiots to kill the fun for loads of people. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Realist said:

Not clue what point you are trying to make.

the guy shouldn’t have said it in game and this guy shouldn’t have plastered it on the forums.

i never defended anyone’s actions at all.

if you are saying I should defend this guy for putting it in the forums? Not a chance. Completely unacceptable behavior.

i don’t want to see that word in game as well as on the forums.

doing the wrong thing for the right reason is still doing the wrong thing.

He is doing exactly what you told him to do; he is reporting this guy, unfortunately the only place to report anything is here on the forums. Until the devs come up with other ways to report people this is the only recourse anyone has for reporting toxic players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Yes, yes I would like it if somebody who said such things was banned from the game. I would like it if their details where then passed on to steam and their steam account was banned for such behavour. I've played games 20 years ago where if you did that, you could be reported and a GM would turn up within the hour and you would at the very least get a few week ban.

The game will lose more players due to this sort of idiocy. The exploiting of bugs aside, after a couple of trips around the sea and spending far too much time encountering such things as

People making "hilarious" jokes about selling black slaves

Sea claims with extremely racist "jokes" and racial slurs written on them

People running about a freeport repeating "f*** f*** f***" etc.

I'm pretty sure I'm done myself. It takes a lot to disgust me and I am. I also don't want to hang around a bunch of nobs.

Sigh... looking for server from the old days where most of players on a euro server where British, Scandanavian (including Finns) and German... there's my "racism".

Edited by Not Happy