Greed

help ANYONE KNOW HOW TO CHANGE SHIP STAT MODIFIERS?

Hello,

Looking to find the config of how to make ship stats increase more per level up. The correct solution will be rewarded generously 😉

Thanks.

I've been looking for this since we started hosting our server. Nobody seems to have it.

I guess all we can do is wait for the DevKit. Only 3-4 more days. IF they don't delay.

• Like 1

I'm also very eagerly awaiting this. I wish it was as simple as the stat modifiers for players, tamed dinos, and wild dinos, as in Ark. But I've not gotten a similar setting to work for ships.

5 hours ago, NZScruffy said:

I'm also very eagerly awaiting this. I wish it was as simple as the stat modifiers for players, tamed dinos, and wild dinos, as in Ark. But I've not gotten a similar setting to work for ships.

From what I've been reading, it seems that it won't be as easy as "shipweightsetting=5.0" or something similar.

It might only be changed by a Mod. I hope that's not the case, but it might be the case. 

Ships seem to be acting like Rafts from ARK with more building slots. Rafts never had weight increasing setting other than mods.

The fact that you can level up weight makes me think that might not be the case.  The setting is probably there but it seems any config settings not pulled from ark are not worded and formatted the same.  I’ve tried numerous modify stats settings for ships (all ark ones work for players and tames) but no luck yet.  Ship, TamedShip, Raft, Vehicle, etc, none of those worked.  It’s a guessing game until dev kit comes out.

Edited by vdubmastertech
  • Like 2

I May have found something but I dont know how to modify it. There is a file in our game called ShipCharActerStatusComponent_Bp When you open it WIth Notepad, it does have some values like maxLevelupmultiplier but since its a uasset file I dont know how to change or even read these values.

Edited by Saberene

also looking in to this. we have  managed to increase max ship level but still need to find out how to change the stat multi (increasing the level was our fix to the stat till we sorted it out)

24 minutes ago, SpankyDruid said:

also looking in to this. we have  managed to increase max ship level but still need to find out how to change the stat multi (increasing the level was our fix to the stat till we sorted it out)

So, can you enlighten us as to how you accomplished this?

1 hour ago, Anoobis said:

So, can you enlighten us as to how you accomplished this?

(stop server) ok so go to your game.ini in config find  /script/shootergame.shootergamemode] add OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=200655010 

use AddShipExperience 2000 0 0 to check if working if u have max level ship this should raise the max  level to 72 

i had issue and it was a dude  who commented on my post who help 

Edited by SpankyDruid
  • Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 2:39 AM, Saberene said:

I May have found something but I dont know how to modify it. There is a file in our game called ShipCharActerStatusComponent_Bp When you open it WIth Notepad, it does have some values like maxLevelupmultiplier but since its a uasset file I dont know how to change or even read these values.

You can 'hack' the asset files and such, but this isn't recommended.

1. other people will need to edit their client side most of the time as well, or the stats revert for them.

2. The next patch can make changes that mess up the hacked asset file, or at the least revert the change when files are 'verified'. Meaning you need to redo it each patch, or possibly find another way.

3. unexpected reverted changes can screw up the server. If the weight etc of a ship is suddnly less, could cause a bunch of random ships to sink, and everything lost etc.

Better to wait for dev kit to release an actual mod for players. Don't risk server breaking over hacked asset files.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 4:49 AM, SpankyDruid said:

(stop server) ok so go to your game.ini in config find  /script/shootergame.shootergamemode] add OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=200655010 

use AddShipExperience 2000 0 0 to check if working if u have max level ship this should raise the max  level to 72 

Just FYI: The OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=200655010  is usually accompanied by setting exp required for each level also. As per Ark settings: ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

LevelExperienceRampOverrides
OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer 

On a high rate server, you may also want to increase the skill points per level given using: `

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints 

Edited by NZScruffy

11 hours ago, NZScruffy said:

Just FYI: The OverrideMaxExperiencePointsDino=200655010  is usually accompanied by setting exp required for each level also. As per Ark settings: ark.gamepedia.com/Server_Configuration

OverrideMaxExperiencePointsPlayer 

On a high rate server, you may also want to increase the skill points per level given using: `

OverridePlayerLevelEngramPoints 

Ya we tested levelramp changes and nothing so far has affected the ships.  I spent hours messing with it and restarted my grid nothing worked on ships.  They do show a "tame bar" if you are in setcheatplayer true in spectator mode so this indicates to me they are still some sort of "creature"  like Rafts are in ARK.  Either we haven't figured out the settings or these things were hardcoded when they made them.  Likely if they are hardcoded that will change or be accessible when devkit comes out.

11 hours ago, Karageek said:

Ya we tested levelramp changes and nothing so far has affected the ships.  I spent hours messing with it and restarted my grid nothing worked on ships.  They do show a "tame bar" if you are in setcheatplayer true in spectator mode so this indicates to me they are still some sort of "creature"  like Rafts are in ARK.  Either we haven't figured out the settings or these things were hardcoded when they made them.  Likely if they are hardcoded that will change or be accessible when devkit comes out.

For the level ExperienceRampOverrides to work you need to do it four times.

The levels go:

1. Player
  2. Tame
  3. NPC
  4. Ship

Example: (game.ini)

[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]

LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=5...)<-continue out to level desired

LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=5...)<-continue out to level desired

LevelExperienceRampOverrides=(ExperiencePointsForLevel[0]=5...) <-continue out to level desired

So you can edit the ship to have 200 levels and only need 200 xp if you wanted. Hope this helps.

The only issue i am running into is finding the default values for the first 3 so i can keep them the same.

Edited by puppetec
typo

Good to know, i stopped at 3x  when nothing changed.  as for experience tics you could try vanilla ark levelramps for players and dinos see if that works.

11 hours ago, puppetec said:

For the level ExperienceRampOverrides to work you need to do it four times.

The levels go:

1. Player
  2. Tame
  3. NPC
  4. Ship

(snip)

The only issue i am running into is finding the default values for the first 3 so i can keep them the same.

Have you tried just setting level 0 override for the first 3, and full level range override for 4th?

On 1/13/2019 at 9:49 AM, SpankyDruid said:

@SpankyDruid...sorry for my late reply. Yes, I can confirm that this works. 

Here is something that helped me https://www.playatlas.com/index.php?/forums/topic/39345-custom-levels-for-ship-and-tames-for-unofficial-servers/ I hope it helps others.

Edited by Anoobis

I have my ships now at max lvl 315 but still trying to get the tames to 315. Have copied my overrides 4 times. Works on players ships but can't seem to get it working for Npc's and Tames. As there lvls scale with how high there lvl is.