psykikk

fix this mess YOU DEVS; FIX YOUR MESS

1 minute ago, Gimboo said:

i dont sink other players boat up until yesterday there was no point in even doing it on pve because you couldn't salvage it till that recent patch but if I had a brigantine but no more due to people abusing a glitch. Maybe by chance you just cant read since no where in there did i say i sank any boats only that someone abusing a glitch sank my boats.

You sunk one of my boats. Banana Hammock right?

I know it is Early Access and bugs are a Thning that you can find over and over but it pisses me off that on a PVE Server Ships can be Sunk with simple tricks in front of your Base and inside Company claimed Land.

I can immagine that first of all people doing it to give the Game even a more bad  repputation and second to make the Company give up so they can get some Land.

Yesterday within 2 hours  all 5 our ships got sunk !One of them just got released from the Shipyard. 2 Hours where no one is on of the Company and Ships are gone.

PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS !! MAKE PVE REALLY PVE !!

If i wanted to play pvp i would have join the pvp Server.

Il y a 19 heures, Puppies4ever a déclaré:

Les gens peuvent surcharger votre radeau, un confirmé.

Comment comment surcharger un sloop par exemple? Pas sûr, mais il a 2800 poids ou quelque chose? Quand vous avez des joueurs avec un poids qualifié, 500 et qu'ils ont besoin de bouger, ils peuvent prendre du matériel pour 430 peut-être. Signifie que vous avez besoin d'environ. 7 personnes pour surcharger un sloop ...... bien 6 entre elles laisser tomber les objets et les autres personnes ramassent et déposent à nouveau, mais c'est beaucoup de travail et cela a pris beaucoup de temps .

La plupart des gens ont perdu leur bateau. C'est tout. Ils sont "le bateau est coincé" et ensuite sur les voit avec 100% de voile et essayer de naviguer ...... trop drôle.

Augmentez le nombre maximum que votre sloop peut contenir. Par exemple, votre sloop peut porter 3 personnes jusqu'à 4 personnes et le sloop coulera

Edited by Sunsha

These reports are real, and the only way to prevent grief-sinking is to build a complete enclosure for each ship: no gaps, wall, roof and ceiling (not that a galleon even fits through a large gate.) It's not a realistic fix, especially since structure placement collision prevents perfect enclosures. And even then, you can't ever take it out, because a persistent troll could simply glide onto it or otherwise board it: Any boat can be sunk unless it is permanently locked in a cage and never used.

Enemy weight should not be a factor. (In fact, any NON-aligned entity should not count, as dead bodies can be used easily.) In fact, overweighting should NOT sink a boat at all until the current exploits have been thoroughly squashed.

Boats should be able to push each other, as once overweighting is prevented, people will build barricades from rafts.

What do you guys do when a griefers start parking rafts and shloops in your boat yards or in front of your ships?

personally, we sink them. If you can’t sink them, you’re stuck for a few days or longer. I’ve seen a ship sitting in someone else’s shipyard for four days. They finally gave up and built another ship yard. 

Griefing happens in every game. You can find ways to deal with it or keep crying to the Devs to make it easy for you. 

Make it difficult for people to board your ships. Park them in an area you have claim to. This prevents people building anything to get on them. Use rope ladders and keep them pulled up. Use A Dingy to board your larger ships. 

A lot of ways to prevent ships getting sunk. Live and learn. 

7 hours ago, GunnyTheGrey said:

Enemy weight should not be a factor. (In fact, any NON-aligned entity should not count, as dead bodies can be used easily.) In fact, overweighting should NOT sink a boat at all until the current exploits have been thoroughly squashed.

Boats should be able to push each other, as once overweighting is prevented, people will build barricades from rafts.

Enemy weight needs to factor in. If not people will abuse it but loading up one of their friends, kicking them out of the company and suddenly have an infinite weight storage chest.

If we get a method to push boats out of the way I would support weight simply preventing the boats from sailing (not being pushed), but until that happens we need to be able to sink boats with weight. Period.

30 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

What do you guys do when a griefers start parking rafts and shloops in your boat yards or in front of your ships?

personally, we sink them. If you can’t sink them, you’re stuck for a few days or longer. I’ve seen a ship sitting in someone else’s shipyard for four days. They finally gave up and built another ship yard. 

Griefing happens in every game. You can find ways to deal with it or keep crying to the Devs to make it easy for you. 

Make it difficult for people to board your ships. Park them in an area you have claim to. This prevents people building anything to get on them. Use rope ladders and keep them pulled up. Use A Dingy to board your larger ships. 

Climbing picks and grappling hooks...

Unless you intend to "cry to the devs" to make it so these things don't work on boats.

2 minutes ago, Paradigm said:

Enemy weight needs to factor in. If not people will abuse it but loading up one of their friends, kicking them out of the company and suddenly have an infinite weight storage chest.

If we get a method to push boats out of the way I would support weight simply preventing the boats from sailing (not being pushed), but until that happens we need to be able to sink boats with weight. Period.

It's PvE... You should have no effect on another player's property unless they are your ally or in your company. Period. That's what PvE means. Don't like it, play PvP.

11 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

It's PvE... You should have no effect on another player's property unless they are your ally or in your company. Period. That's what PvE means. Don't like it, play PvP.

Unless there's a way to prevent people from blocking your shit, we need a way to sink boats BECAUSE it's PvE and there's not other option. It's ironic that you mock "crying to the devs" while you literally cry to the devs...

And Climbing picks and grappling hooks (as well as gliders) should without a doubt not work when encumbered. That will get fixed eventually/

Edited by Paradigm

8 minutes ago, Paradigm said:

Unless there's a way to prevent people from blocking your shit, we need a way to sink boats BECAUSE it's PvE and there's not other option. It's ironic that you mock "crying to the devs" while you literally cry to the devs...

And Climbing picks and grappling hooks (as well as gliders) should without a doubt not work when encumbered. That will get fixed eventually/

There are other options...  Ever heard of pushing something out of the way?

Just because it doesn't cause damage doesn't mean an impact shouldn't move it... 

I was quoting Gaxon for calling it "crying to the devs".  See the grey box with his name in it?

How do people not understand what quotation marks mean?

If I had to choose, I would prefer my ships to be blocked instead of being sunk to be honest. Someone blocked my Shipyard + Schooner under construction with a Sloop. Just released the Ship, demolished the Shipyard and sailed around the sloop.

• Like 1

Would pushing really work tho? You just have assholes in galleon pushing ppl around. Ppl be right back here flaming the devs.

20 minutes ago, Mscarn said:

Would pushing really work tho? You just have assholes in galleon pushing ppl around. Ppl be right back here flaming the devs.

That's gonna be way better than some random sinking my boat for shits and giggles while I'm at work.

1 hour ago, Gaxon said:

the only boat we have sank was a raft from hippity hoppity who came up and stole our land due to the never refreshing claim bug and never returned for 3+ days which we sank his raft since it was in the claim area still. i see no harm in that as it was a raft with just a bed and not online for 3+ days in our own claim area.

you can grapple up onto another players ship, you can glide onto it using a glider and lower the ladders even tho you dont own it, hence allowing people to board it and sink it without your knowledge.  so explain why that should and shouldn't be allowed in pve when its in your own claim area? if a boat is left in my claim for 3+ days i should be able to move it or sink it, players shouldn't be able to sink your boat in your claimed areas...

now many boats have been sank due to sotd being attacked by a player and they go crazy and attack every ship nearby but thats not intentional as people were just trying to clear the area of beached sotd, so maybe that happened to you from us but again it was not intentional to happen. a raft was the only thing we intentionally sunk since it was in our claim area for over 3 days. someone going up onto our brigantine in our claim area loading a body with wood/stone and unloading the dead body to over weigh our boat to sink it due to not wanting to merge with a company is griefing. what i did to a raft is not griefing. huge difference.... please learn it.

Well wasn’t directed at you personally. Just a general look from another perspective. Sorry you took it personally. Griefing will always be in these type of games. Nothing the devs do will change that without dismantling the game. 

Any game that requires players to compete against each other is not a true pve game. Players competing against players is technically pvp. This game on pve just doesn’t permit us to do direct damage to each other. 

Players can use wildlife, sotd, weight mechanics etc to kill other players and destroy buildings or ships. It happens, has happened to me, but I go on with the game and don’t worry about it. 

Seriously? That's what you're complaining about?

Look at this!!!

that was the time i regretted playing on a pve server!
'Hey u are at our land! this is our f*** land, u need to give us the pin to the storage boxes.... '

Where are we supposed to anchor? every little piece of land is claimed!

I am so done playing this game.

834910_screenshots_20190105014455_1.jpg

• Like 1

the griefing in theis game is so unreal its insane. 
I seriously dont know whwre the mentality stems from. 

rules are need to be set and enforced. meaning: moderation , admins ghosting  the servers etc. 

like already said: PVE should mean no players property is in danger from other players, except if he wishes to do so (declare a formal war and the other party agrees)

this 

^^

is the purest form of online griefing. thats spawn camping stuff and should be rectified by server admins that ghost the servers and just quickly teleport the ship out of there. 

• Like 1

Everyone on our island just had their brigs sunk by a group of 3 from Woelfe des Rudels, got a message saying brig had sunk went to go check it out, they had a ramp on the front of their boat so they could overweight themselves fall from the ramp die and then overweigh the dead bodies on the boat to sink it, so even with smithys and everything else hidden behind doors, no campfires on deck or any storage, ladders rolled up. they can just build ramps from their boat and drop straight down onto yours. I have screenshots of the group that did it. for 4th most popular clan on PvE they are a bunch of griefers

''it is survival game'',''don't get attached to your stuff'',''don't play it if you don't like'',''get better'' and....and .... there are not exuses for all this mess they have created,advertised it as pirate mmo with survival elements and made people buy it. i had asked refund at the first day but because of stucking at the characters screen for much time i did't get anything.after this i gave this game many chances to start but everytime i ended up searching for my body and stealing from other dead bodies on a PVE server.just ridicoulous.

after i read forum posts about all these problems i found out that looting a dead body on pve server was the smallest of all and decided to unistall the game as soon as i will go home.

good luck to everyone who decides to continue.maybe i will try it again when it's full released.

Edited by Yellowfrog