psykikk

fix this mess YOU DEVS; FIX YOUR MESS

I am pissed. outright pissed. 

How is it possible that - on a PVE SERVER nonetheless - some people that just want to grief, can simply  sink any ship by overweighing it ? 

I had NO OPEN CONTAINERS, yet they did it by simply dopping stuff on the deck. 

how on earth would that be possible ? what the fuck is so fucking hard to prevent that ? 

we hear it constantly that claims are broken, ship griefing is a very legit thing and yet what we do get is abysmal drop rates reset.

this is just outright ridicilous. 

currently you got no way to sucessfully protect your shit. 

safest way is to stay on land (lawless) and log in at least once every 4 days.

dont ever set foot on a ship (not your own that is ) because sooner or later you will get griefed.

• Like 4

Does this exploit work even if the ship is anchored?

Because that would be an easy way to fix it.

Edited by Psykonalle

it always works. 
put too mich weight on it,. it gets damaged and will sink

no matter how you put stuff on it. its an epxloit (always remember, we are taling a PVE Server here)

that just should not happen.

3 hours ago, Puppies4ever said:

Could be only a raft

It's not and needs to be patched.

4 hours ago, psykikk said:

safest way is to stay on land (lawless) and log in at least once every 4 days.

dont ever set foot on a ship (not your own that is ) because sooner or later you will get griefed.

That's my current Atlas life.  I made a stone house, admin locked the doors, and now waiting out the fix.

• Like 1

People can overload your raft, confirmed.

But how they should overload a sloop for example? Not sure, but it has 2800 weight or something? When you have players with weight skilled, lets say 500 weight and they need to move, they could take materials for 430 maybe. Means you need approx. 7 people to overload an sloop......sure 6 of them could drop stuff and the other persons picks it up and drop it again, but this is a lot of work and took a lot of time.

Most people lost boat by own fails. Thats it. They scream about "boat is stucked" and then you see them with 100% sail anf try to navigate......too funny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Puppies4ever said:

People can overload your raft, confirmed.

But how they should overload a sloop for example? Not sure, but it has 2800 weight or something? When you have players with weight skilled, lets say 500 weight and they need to move, they could take materials for 430 maybe. Means you need approx. 7 people to overload an sloop......sure 6 of them could drop stuff and the other persons picks it up and drop it again, but this is a lot of work and took a lot of time.

Most people lost boat by own fails. Thats it. They scream about "boat is stucked" and then you see them with 100% sail anf try to navigate......too funny.

Three ways I know of...  loading up a body with all the weight you can get on it and pick it up. You can get thousands of pounds on a body and still pick it up. Large companies use body bags for farming and I've personally seen well over 50k on a single body....  Anyways, you just put the body on the boat.

The second way is have a friend keep running you stone while you stand on the boat.

Third is load up a smithy with stone or other heavy material until it sinks

Before you pretend to know what you're talking about, actually try figuring out WTF you're talking about or STFU...

Edited by MindOfMadness
  • Like 2

I had someone park a Sloop in front of my shipyard to block my schooner from coming out and I can confirm that you can sink at least a sloop by overloading it because that's exactly what I did to that jerk. It does need to be fixed, but we'll also need some sort of recourse to prevent people from blocking your shit with invincible boats.

What a shitshow. What's the point of playing PvE when a bunch of jerks can sink your hundreds of hours in a minute? Not only they should fix it ASAP but they should acknowledge it, no word about this has been said so far that I know of.

• Like 1

oh nice we got moderators. maybe one day in the near future we will also get official representatives of the developers in this forum. 

Edited by psykikk
  • Like 1

on NA PVE server at B11 there is a company named nexus and a guy named dc waters trying to force people to merge with him, taking there stuff if they do merge, sinks your boats if they are anchored at shore if you dont merge by dropping freshly cut wood and stone on it till it goes over weight.

now he is trying to place gates all down the beach so people cant cross into the east part of the island he stole from day 1 people who's claim flags never renew no matter how active you are(great bug btw), goes on and on about how we have to merge with them because the dev's said so.its all a bunch of bullcrap but the threats and ruining the game for people  should not be something that is allowed, its pure griefing and needs to be looked into.

also another funny thing, allowing others to put down your ladders on a pve server shouldn't be allowed, they can load up a dead body with 1k weight and drag it free of weight restrictions and unload the wood/stone from it and do it all over again till your boat sinks lol GG...

Edited by Gimboo
more griefing.

new way to grief 

players are placing buoys when they log out

this stops all spawns as  the devs already know ,

they then remove them when they log in , do what they do then replace them when the log out again  😕 ,

remove them from game of fix them asap as it is ruining you game , yes its early access , but not really when u have all ark systems and code in place same game just with islands linked , these issues should not be happening 

Edited by UDO

Devs, why you help griefers and ruin your game. Resources do not spawn any more in the vicinity of buoys. Everything disappeared. Is it the purpose of buoy in the game? Remove it or fix it please.

You want another way of griefing ? 

People can kill the beast you are currently taming on PVE, like they arrived with a simple stone hatchet and hit the beast while bolas and you are feeding it. 

FIX IT ITS PVE FFS !

Hi Atlas Team

Evil players break the game. You put Buoys and Ressorcen disappear in a big radius. Please make the game playable.

This is one way to kill your game early. 0 communication on game-breaking bugs/exploits, but get a post about language used.

2 hours ago, UDO said:

new way to grief 

players are placing buoys when they log out

this stops all spawns as  the devs already know ,

Been a victim of this just now, went out and spent ages looking for and taming a bear, come back. Zero resources, ran around maybe thinking someone farmed, not a player in sight. Then noticed two buoys by the the guys who claimed the whole island, so i'm screwed and my progress halted, unless i go to another island making resource farming far more tedious  than it should be, one i'll be taxed and two i can't carry loads back. meaning just for a basic amount of mats ill have to make a 20 - 30 min trip there and back, if i'm lucky.

This is a HUGE problem, progression is halted as i can't farm anything anymore.

We given land to people on the island we settled on, today the northern part of it some random guy claimed their land cause of the dumb timer not working, so they placed a buoy down to mess up his spawn unfortunately that also affect everyone else on the island.

Talked to them and it was removed now.

Enough already, remove those buoys from the game or fix them.

Edited by Thulen

the real issue is that grapeshot/wildcard doesn't really care , look at the upcoming notes they are working on reskinning rabbits and making it more incentivized to tame sheep and cows to harvest . they are focused on things that effect pvp more then anything with little respect to pve . they added in 6.5 a patch note saying they fixed it to where claims couldn't be taken if the player was online and active in the territory when the fact is that after 3 days there is 0 safety . They allow people to exploit and sink ships , to exploit and kill players in pve , and to exploit and take claims where the person was sleeping and online in the previous 4 hours . Look at the forums past this post its littered with it and not one single response from the devs , they have even closed their bug reports on discord last week . 

At this point with their lack of concern and care for the issues at matter and their lack of foresight in making a mmo with 0 support the only thing you can do is either accept it and move on or report it to steam as unplayable as advertised and if enough complaint are registered they will pull it from the marked until the devs submit a working version .

they just updated the patch notes to inclue this : " - Fixed an issue where upkeep timer on PVE Claimflags was not properly reset. " this is in a "upcoming version" . Problem is all those who have already lost everything will not get it back and those groups using exploits to take over the areas will just now be protected even further . They did state that ship ramming will no longer cause damage but nothing about overweighting ships , but they are fixing buoys to no lonbger stop resource spawns also in a "upcoming Version" .

28 minutes ago, Grimbergoth said:

they just updated the patch notes to inclue this : " - Fixed an issue where upkeep timer on PVE Claimflags was not properly reset. " this is in a "upcoming version" . Problem is all those who have already lost everything will not get it back and those groups using exploits to take over the areas will just now be protected even further . They did state that ship ramming will no longer cause damage but nothing about overweighting ships , but they are fixing buoys to no lonbger stop resource spawns also in a "upcoming Version" .

I'm waiting for that patch but I honestly wouldn't mind if they wiped the pve server after all this land claim stealing forcing people out and ship sinking. It really needs to be addressed. Other rotten people are forcing people who enjoy the game to dislike it over something so stupid. I understand on PvP but let's be real we on pve.

5 minutes ago, Gimboo said:

I'm waiting for that patch but I honestly wouldn't mind if they wiped the pve server after all this land claim stealing forcing people out and ship sinking. It really needs to be addressed. Other rotten people are forcing people who enjoy the game to dislike it over something so stupid. I understand on PvP but let's be real we on pve.

It might make some mad , but I think the best thing they can do is a fresh wipe to give all players the ability to get land again instead of protecting those who have exploited the system to their advantages and now a fix is supposed to be coming in they get protected for using exploits .

8 hours ago, Gimboo said:

on NA PVE server at B11 there is a company named nexus and a guy named dc waters trying to force people to merge with him, taking there stuff if they do merge, sinks your boats if they are anchored at shore if you dont merge by dropping freshly cut wood and stone on it till it goes over weight.

now he is trying to place gates all down the beach so people cant cross into the east part of the island he stole from day 1 people who's claim flags never renew no matter how active you are(great bug btw), goes on and on about how we have to merge with them because the dev's said so.its all a bunch of bullcrap but the threats and ruining the game for people  should not be something that is allowed, its pure griefing and needs to be looked into.

also another funny thing, allowing others to put down your ladders on a pve server shouldn't be allowed, they can load up a dead body with 1k weight and drag it free of weight restrictions and unload the wood/stone from it and do it all over again till your boat sinks lol GG...

Maybe you shouldn't sink boats and your boats wouldn't get sunk.

2 minutes ago, Gaxon said:

Maybe you shouldn't sink boats and your boats wouldn't get sunk.

i dont sink other players boat up until yesterday there was no point in even doing it on pve because you couldn't salvage it till that recent patch but if I had a brigantine but no more due to people abusing a glitch. Maybe by chance you just cant read since no where in there did i say i sank any boats only that someone abusing a glitch sank my boats.