Willard

Offline protection

16 minutes ago, madgar said:

I totally disagree. This is a pvp server, and its live. the risk will always be there thats why its pvp. you got a problem with that you go to carebear pve server. offline protection is bullshit

You really consider offline raiding PvP?:-D

Just now, Willard said:

You really consider offline raiding PvP?:-D

it is part of pvp it is a constant world.... are you new to gaming? you are all weaklings to think u need offline protection thats not how pvp works, example SWG, we would raid rebel bases that cost millions of credits u think they bitched? no they rebuild and became stronger..... PVP IS NON STOP AND CONSTANT CONFLICT THERE IS NO CRYING IN WAR EITHER BUCKLE UP OR GO PVE

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The heck you talk about. Why should someone who wants to pvp would go pve in the place of someone who would rather implement an immunity to pvp, what pve already has ?

Also, many quadrants have something like 4 active members on official servers from time to time. Should i play whack a mole to find in square miles large map the only vulnerable base before they log off? Thats literally unviable and unfun.

Also me , and everyone else would abuse the shit out of offline protection. I would block ships with mine, then logoff, and they could do nothing. I would make a second account build a second house, pin the doors and stuff my loots into that house with my main acc, which would be offline protected since i wont log on with its owner acc.

What you need is a half pvp half pve server instead of literally ruining pvp. Which have pve quadrants but also have pvp ones. Where claims on pve have gold costs, so basicly you have to farm gold on pvp to keep claims on pve. And getting gold would be connected to pvp quadrants only so noone could avoid consensual pvp if they want a safe claim on pve.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, madgar said:

it is part of pvp it is a constant world.... are you new to gaming? you are all weaklings to think u need offline protection thats not how pvp works, example SWG, we would raid rebel bases that cost millions of credits u think they bitched? no they rebuild and became stronger..... PVP IS NON STOP AND CONSTANT CONFLICT THERE IS NO CRYING IN WAR EITHER BUCKLE UP OR GO PVE

Its not eternal conflict. Rn its online wars 😄 Because so called "PvPers" don´t want to raid during the day. Why? Because they want to offline raid someone instead of trying to do proper pvp. 

Sorry m8, offline raiding isn´t pvp, its player vs stupid NPCs. 

And new to gaming? Nah, not at all. Eve online? They have some kind of offline prot. ARK? Ofc it has some kind of offline prot. So why would Atlas be different? Im not telling they should add offline protection. Just make offline raiding more difficult. Buff structure resistance against siege weapons while tribe member are offline so offline raiders can still raid but it isn´t so fuckin easy. Right now it has no downsides. 

Rn those who play 24/7 win this game. Not those who are good PvPers. 

Edited by Willard

all thats needed is to fix logs. right now if someone murders me it leaves a log of who did it. if they sink my ship with cannons it leaves a log of who did it. 

if someone breaks my walls /doors- no log, if someone breaks planks on my ships using other means, - no log. all i need is a name of who to go after when i have been offlined and log back in. thats all i ask. I will make them regret touching me in my sleep! I will get an apology because i am persistent. I will search them out and take more from them than they took from me. but i need the name.

its stupid for it to tell me my large box was broken but not by whom. 

fix logging and it will facilitate and encourage more pvp. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm a solo player, with weekly 20 hours of playtime, and i'm fine. Don't generalize your own selfish desire to own a claim, and literally trash all multiplayer interactions instead of contacting a megatribe for rights to build on their claim territory.

In this game megatribes are like nations. THEY supposed to own territories not each and every person.The colonist in this era was all belonging a nation, like spain,england,portugese,etc. If you live on a megatribe territory, they handle patrols, 0-24 coverage with their playerbase, while you pay taxes to them. If you want to replace a whole nation infrastructure alone, that's the part where you fail. And you dont need to be able to.

Also, don't praise ark. It was a bulletsink simulator... the defenders had to farm bullets and turrets like hell, and attackers had to bulletsink for hours standing in the edge of a range for long period of time. It was literally no fun, it was a soulless grind. If you meant it this should be like it.

Edited by Deadbones
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Hey guys what time are you online tomorrow?  I want to raid you so let me know what a good time is.

Stop being sarcastic man. Noone is telling you not to raid someone during night because its just your time schedule. Problem is every retard is waiting for offline raids even if he is able to raid someone normally during the day. Just because its extremely easy and effective. 

You can tell people really want this just by looking at how many views... ☼;) ORP is awesome,,,, telling casual players to build these dream forts with gold stalked AI manning puckle and cannons everywhere to defend there stuff from offline griefers who aren't good enough for a live fight,,, is outrageous, I've been working forever just to get a couple towers n gates up, there not done yet, and could very likely be gone when I get back from this (Lost character, can't rejoin proper "Failed Connection") bull crap.... Offline Raiding is PVE, think about it...

12 hours ago, madgar said:

SWG is not even close to an apples-to-apples comparison. Establish pre or post pub 9, talk about your combat medic shenanigans, talk about how many Jedi that didn't care about TEFs that were helping you. Besides, SWG was a completely functional game and you weren't dependent on your faction warfare bases to participate in the rest of the content of the game.... Try again. All you're doing is trying to keep your offline-raiding gravy train rolling.

Offline raiding is not gameplay. It's basically time-theft when you stop and consider what's going on. If they advertised this game as time zone musical chairs for boats then nobody would play it. Obviously it's early access and these mechanics are, again, obviously, not concrete. If you think this is working as intended then you're just delusional.

9 hours ago, Deadbones said:

Also, many quadrants have something like 4 active members on official servers from time to time. Should i play whack a mole to find in square miles large map the only vulnerable base before they log off? Thats literally unviable and unfun.

Also me , and everyone else would abuse the shit out of offline protection. I would block ships with mine, then logoff, and they could do nothing. I would make a second account build a second house, pin the doors and stuff my loots into that house with my main acc, which would be offline protected since i wont log on with its owner acc.

You're just assuming how some kind of offline protection would work. It doesn't have to be offline = invulnerable. Have you not played any other games? EVE online sorted this out a decade ago. There are very functional, viable ways to handle ORP that aren't just invulnerability. And in that case your assumed scenario is just nonsense.

4 hours ago, DocHolliday said:

Hey guys what time are you online tomorrow?  I want to raid you so let me know what a good time is.

I've asked people this straight up. I'd rather get a good fight and go home without loot than spend 2 hours attacking an undefended stone base and going home with loot. A lot of the time if someone provides me with a good fight I'll leave their base alone. It's when they have no interest in fighting that I'll destroy their base. I'm interested in content and neighbors that provide that content - good fights - willingly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rovalis said:

SWG is not even close to an apples-to-apples comparison. Establish pre or post pub 9, talk about your combat medic shenanigans, talk about how many Jedi that didn't care about TEFs that were helping you. Besides, SWG was a completely functional game and you weren't dependent on your faction warfare bases to participate in the rest of the content of the game.... Try again. All you're doing is trying to keep your offline-raiding gravy train rolling.

Offline raiding is not gameplay. It's basically time-theft when you stop and consider what's going on. If they advertised this game as time zone musical chairs for boats then nobody would play it. Obviously it's early access and these mechanics are, again, obviously, not concrete. If you think this is working as intended then you're just delusional.

You're just assuming how some kind of offline protection would work. It doesn't have to be offline = invulnerable. Have you not played any other games? EVE online sorted this out a decade ago. There are very functional, viable ways to handle ORP that aren't just invulnerability. And in that case your assumed scenario is just nonsense.

Thats because 99% of the people asking for ORP want the total immunity when offline. Alot of us on the PVP server do not want it modified to the point you have to travel all over the place just to find the 4 people in your server you can raid or PVP.  Offline raiding is gameplay one its a way for a solo person to take down a much larger company that would have no chance at doing so with them all online. 

Edited by labatts

Ultimately, there has to be some balance struck. Anything done to help a small company will definitely be abused by the large company. If a structure becomes invulnerable when nobody from said company is online, the large company will simply make dummy characters to form a small company and build all of their defensive walls.

Oops, now we've got impenetrable bases.

Ships immune when offline? Form a small company to build a fleet of reserve ships that they can use claim flags on far faster than they could build a new fleet.

Offline protection is a good idea in theory, but very tricky to do without major exploitability in practice.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2019 at 4:50 PM, Willard said:

Stop being sarcastic man. Noone is telling you not to raid someone during night because its just your time schedule. Problem is every retard is waiting for offline raids even if he is able to raid someone normally during the day. Just because its extremely easy and effective. 

Every one?  In my experience that is not the case.  We wiped a few alliances in the area and convinced our biggest griefers to join us.  It helps they are cool people and damn good at PVP.  No we rarely get griefed.  We started again and we are already taking care of that situation.  There is always an option and simply killing them isn't always it.  Politics.  Breaking up alliances.  Turning people on one another or just grief them back 10x worse then they do you and they'll beg for mercy. 

Our biggest downtime raiders are CTSG now.  The time zone difference is the biggest barrier here.  They hit us when we are offline and we do the same to them.  We have minimal overlap in player bases so most of the ships we lose to them is when we only have a couple people online and they are usually not where we are getting hit. 

I did however have a flux capacitor moment last night while on the toilet.  What if ships could re-enter the dry docks?  Pull in, anchor and then hit a button and boat is lifted.  Boat is still vulnerable to damage.  It can be broken into, but it cannot be sunk and to damage every single panel and tile on a boat would be quite costly compared to the mats for the boat.  I think logging in and seeing a boat missing some panels in the dockyard is much more palatable then seeing a wreckage.

I am happy with it as is.....but thought that could be a good compromise if the devs were seriously looking at it.

Edited by DocHolliday

#1 reduce AI costs by gold for home base protections.

#2 reduce the amount of placed weapons around the home base. 1 home base per company.

#3 reduce the amount of AI's around the base.

Most of all fix the weapons to handle XYZ better then what it is, and most of all fix the servers to allow for 300 players so that 150 of them dont lag it out.

Don't over build at your base as the lag effects the weapons reloading and aiming.

Most of all it would require a ton of effort to defend a base and or your ship, as the current system really does "suck"

you gotta realize More players bought this game for pvp and the Freedom to deside how they want to do it  its the people who cant handle loss or figure out ways to deter the enemy or stop them that are gonna ruin this game it is 100% possible to make your base annoying enough or defended well enough that the  enemy wont attack knowing they will exspend and risk loosing to much the game gives you almost every took you could think of to use in an attempt to fortifie youself now use it   you can take away everything that makes the game risky and rewarding then itll just be lame and just another dull survival game where pvp just isn't worth the time like cry about bugs like f.o.y disappearing or something usefull already like your lucky your not in a cage being forced until im nice enough to let you go like realy most people bought this game knowing full well that everything they did would have to be done 1000000 times over and maybe more .. but when you actualy do take part in high risk winner takes all pvp win or loos the memory and rush from that moment and how the events play out you will always remember someone already said it but ill say it again its our game we make the story where driving this persistant key word there persistant world you cant just hide your house or car in real life at any time someone could steal your car or mug you Deterents stop them from doing soo don't be panzys

• Like 2

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 2:18 PM, Deadbones said:

I'm a solo player, with weekly 20 hours of playtime, and i'm fine. Don't generalize your own selfish desire to own a claim, and literally trash all multiplayer interactions instead of contacting a megatribe for rights to build on their claim territory.

In this game megatribes are like nations. THEY supposed to own territories not each and every person.The colonist in this era was all belonging a nation, like spain,england,portugese,etc. If you live on a megatribe territory, they handle patrols, 0-24 coverage with their playerbase, while you pay taxes to them. If you want to replace a whole nation infrastructure alone, that's the part where you fail. And you dont need to be able to.

Also, don't praise ark. It was a bulletsink simulator... the defenders had to farm bullets and turrets like hell, and attackers had to bulletsink for hours standing in the edge of a range for long period of time. It was literally no fun, it was a soulless grind. If you meant it this should be like it.

hes actually 100% right that's why you can make alliances and ive met plenty of companys in game that will let anyone from 1 guy to small companys build near them and also protect them if the favors returned you people crying about it literaly just arnt creative or skilled enough to adapt or play the situation ? if what your doing doesn't work then find a better way of doing it or people who can help you your probly all the same people who loose a boat and cant staaaand it and no if you raid someones base and there offline its not pve I hope to god a fucking living person would be capable of using there brain to design there base with the thought other players are comeing for there stuff in mind its very possible to make the environment into a weopon like apply yourself I work a 50 hour work week sometimes more owell  I still play and loose and win I personally would prefer the action of a live fight and the cazy intense scenarios that can unfold but at the same time survival is the name you have what I want your lucky people do find your sleeping body and lock you in a cage and force you to watch me steal  and smash the rest of your stuff when you log on …. you do realize what type of game your playing correct everyone ? like if you fell asleep in Africa in the middle of a street your probly not gonna wake up with to much of value on you … ever one is suffering losses in the game and doing anything they can to prevent or recover from it theres people out there living on lawless dealing with greifing that a player who owns a claim couldn't begin to understand yet there still thriveing and  stil standing... you need to have patient and be willing to learn and improve your skill aswell as adapt what your do in this game ya it may be simmiliar to ark but this is a much larger  persistent world hell hell I should be able to hop on your boat and drive it away if im capable of doing so..without risk and reward you have nothing and with how this game is potentially capable of players outright establishing nations you need the abilitys to enforce your law so to some individuals this may seem unfair but life isn't fair and Atlas is a Survival pvp game So you do your best to survive and if you don't be lucky you can try again because trust me when you do see and witness crazy events  that can never be replicated it way more then worth it sometimes you can lose it all in the most horrible way but at the time how the actions played out youll look back and be like daaam I was there I was part of that  we did that … or ya that happened we lost it all guys.. what do we do now  its sad I have high high hopes for this games pvp if only the game was more stable and had a much larger player base the things you would see and hear about would be crazy companys will be traveling to other islands to watch people be executed by the local ruleing government(megatribe)  or who knows what random ingame world events might shake  up this persistent world and change things forever who knows  but don't be a baby dry thought eyes and just keep reading the story that is your pathfinders life guys and bounty system might help a lot actualy remembers its technicly possible to hold players captive you never know what large groups of skilled players might do for ingame recognition and rewards it could be the deterent some of you are looking for lol

• Like 1

So, we've just lost about 20 ships against 2 griefers with a cannon bear during offline. We got multiple cannon towers, swivel guns on all ships and around base, around 40 puckles all around the harbor to cover those griefers. Tripple walls all around base so they cant come from the back side. 

I don't know what to do more in this game to defend ships while offline. 

Like this game is about ships but there is no way how to protect them while offline.

I'll probably stop playing until some sort of offline defense is about to come. I'm not mad about it, I just feel pointless to rebuild our ships because we have no way how to protect them while offline. 

Both puckles and swivels are outranged by cannon bears so they are easily destroyed. If you set cannons to tames and players, 1 naked friend will deplete you ammo boxes in like 10 minutes without taking any dmg. Same with balistas. There is simply no way how to defend your ships while offline. You can do 100 cannons/puckles/swivels/balistas but you will still lose you fleet against 2 griefers with 1 cannon bear. 

So from my point of view it's just pointless to play rn.

Maybe at least allow NPCs to automatically repair / replace planks while being under attack and anchored, do something. Right now all it takes to sink a ship is cannon bear with fuckin 5 balls.

Edited by Willard

13 minutes ago, Willard said:

So, we've just lost about 20 ships against 2 griefers with a cannon bear during offline. We got multiple cannon towers, swivel guns on all ships and around base, around 40 puckles all around the harbor to cover those griefers. Tripple walls all around base so they cant come from the back side. 

Like this game is about ships but there is no way how to protect them while offline.

I'll probably stop playing until some sort of offline defense is about to come. I'm not mad about it, I just feel pointless to rebuild our ships because we have no way how to protect them while offline. 

Both puckles and swivels are outranged by cannon bears so they are easily destroyed. If you set cannons to tames and players, 1 naked friend will deplete you ammo boxes in like 10 minutes without taking any dmg. Same with balistas. There is simply no way how to defend your ships while offline. You can do 100 cannons/puckles/swivels/balistas but you will still lose you fleet against 2 griefers with 1 cannon bear. 

Maybe at least allow NPCs to automatically repair / replace planks while being under attack and anchored, do something. Right now all it takes to sink a ship is cannon bear with fuckin 5 balls.

You will not place enough defense most likey to stop the attackers. Its the same concept as in ark build as many as you can to stall the attackers as long as possible from doing max damage till hopefully you get on or they give up or run outa materials. Are you built on lawless area or on a claimed island you own ?? I do believe the NPC's repair idk if they repair entire planks but i guess they are suppose to repair damaged planks. While offline it should take 20-30 cannon balls while offline there should be a structure buff but not immunity. 

1 minute ago, labatts said:

You will not place enough defense most likey to stop the attackers. Its the same concept as in ark build as many as you can to stall the attackers as long as possible from doing max damage till hopefully you get on or they give up or run outa materials. Are you built on lawless area or on a claimed island you own ?? I do believe the NPC's repair idk if they repair entire planks but i guess they are suppose to repair damaged planks. While offline it should take 20-30 cannon balls while offline there should be a structure buff but not immunity. 

We are under our claims, no lawless 😉 problem isn't "enough" defence. There isn't anything like enough defence in this game, only lack of ways how to defend. 

Nothing in this game is able to stop offline griefs.

wait is your group called vornair or someshit???

because I know we sunk like almost 20 of there ships last  night but there was about 30-40 of us and 1 canon bear and 1 swivel horse

🙂

3 hours ago, Toggles said:

wait is your group called vornair or someshit???

because I know we sunk like almost 20 of there ships last  night but there was about 30-40 of us and 1 canon bear and 1 swivel horse

🙂

Nope. 

Nice to see every day a post like this... 

Yeah imo there shouldn´t be damage at all to buildings or anchored ships from 02:00-10:00  (server time).

PVP against players // unanchored ships    24/7 

Some people have jobs 😄

As I always say, Conan PvP was way better, thats something they should really implement 😄

5 hours ago, Mkgego said:

Nice to see every day a post like this... 

Yeah imo there shouldn´t be damage at all to buildings or anchored ships from 02:00-10:00  (server time).

PVP against players // unanchored ships    24/7 

Some people have jobs 😄

As I always say, Conan PvP was way better, thats something they should really implement 😄

NOOOO. that is the worst idea ever. PVP should be 24/7 and not cater to just your gaming time. Love the fact you have to toss in there some people have jobs because not all the people playing this game  work from 9-5 during the day. The few things i see wrong with PVP are tames being OP go figure and the melee weapons having a clunky mechanic. It should all feel smooth similar to when fighting with a sickle. 

On 2/11/2019 at 9:20 AM, Willard said:

1. Why on earth you have 20 ships on sea at the same time if you don't have 0-24 coverage? You realized that you are not supposed to have that right? Servers can't support infinite numbers of ships just because each and every member of yours want to play jack sparrow on their own black pearl. You are supposed to build up an infrastructure that can replace ships fast. Not one to have them all out at the same time.

2. If protection defends you from smaller tribes, the same protection in a larger count would defend you from medium ones. You don't solve the problem, you just shift it to a larger scale grind. Ark is the perfect example for that. Large tribes will always break smaller defense. Smaller always break solos. And solos (aka newcommers, aka the renewing playerbase), would be targeted by literally everyone, since there is no retalation upwards in the hierarchy. If you are not an alpha, then this would literally mean, that you would be never protected from alphas, since they would always outpreform your defense with their sheer playercount, and materials from taxation, and they WOULD go after you, since you would simply bounce off from their autodefence without any further need to do anything, so you would be just ... a fancy pinata for them.

3. You seem to misunderstand Atlas/Ark pvp pve difference. In pve you grind for stuffs to HAVE them, but you can't do much with them. In pvp you work to get gear to DO THINGS WITH them, not to HAVE THEM forever. Imagine it as a battle royale game, where your base/ship is your character. You can get sniped from a forest in a battleroyale, unfairly. You can be offline raided here too. Part of the game. Building and punching trees nakedly for crafting your first bed, is not an early game stuff that you can leave behind. Just maximize fun value between two wipes, make raiding your base as annoying as possible, for as small loot as possible (= use up your stuff instead of bulking them up). These are your goals. Your lawless bases will mostly stay intact anyways, it cant be stolen, it will have some holes on them, but it would suit for fresh starts, since you just need to replace some walls,where they break in, a bed and a smithy max. Just don't store anything in it, once you built your ship, upload the remaining materials into the ship you made.

4. For god sake.... They made a Captain's log series. They tries to connect community as much as they can. They gave taxation to claim holders. Realize it already, that you don't supposed to own a territory, they are spoonfeding you the fact that you should cooperate with mega-companies, and live on their territories. They'll protect their own claims, with their different time zone players, and their sheer numbers,  so noone will steal your bases, and they patrol their seas, lands for offline protection. Thats your offline protection / revenge force. You don't need anything else.

• Like 1