Sign in to follow this  
Raving Templarson

A Fix To Current Claim Flag issues

All of the claim flag problems would be fixed if a company could allow tenants or people to build in a claim area that they designate buildable in.  Allowing large companies to retain their land, gives land to people to build in, if done correctly protects valuable resources, even promotes appeasing your populace as having more citizens means more from taxes even if you have the lowest taxes in the region.

Mind yall this is if the bug with the 3 day timer is ever fixed.

i thought having the bank would allow us to do this sadly not the case 

You could still achieve this without the need to build on another territory. As you said protect the resources, tax them, and hand out beach front property. It would provide more land for a larger community though.

Edited by Nari

The real fix needs to be limiting flags in some manor.  My thought would be to limit the number of claim flags an individual can place, and then allow the guild leader additional flags based on the size of his guild, above and beyond his own personal limit.

I would love to have the option of taxing folks for a section of land within my claim, but I would imagine that would be something more down the road, as it would require a much more in depth overhaul of the claim mechanic.  An initial cap on personal flags (along with either making flags non-capturable on PvE or fixing the 3 day refresh when crew members are near flags) would be a good start.  Then can add a system to allow the guild leader more flags based on the number of crewmates.  Then work towards allowing a taxation system to allow others to build on a specified plot of your land (call it Land Management).  Just spit-balling, but this is the direction I would like to see it go. 

3 minutes ago, KeyenDF said:

The real fix needs to be limiting flags in some manor.  My thought would be to limit the number of claim flags an individual can place, and then allow the guild leader additional flags based on the size of his guild, above and beyond his own personal limit.

I would love to have the option of taxing folks for a section of land within my claim, but I would imagine that would be something more down the road, as it would require a much more in depth overhaul of the claim mechanic.  An initial cap on personal flags (along with either making flags non-capturable on PvE or fixing the 3 day refresh when crew members are near flags) would be a good start.  Then can add a system to allow the guild leader more flags based on the number of crewmates.  Then work towards allowing a taxation system to allow others to build on a specified plot of your land (call it Land Management).  Just spit-balling, but this is the direction I would like to see it go. 

how about they get the fucking things working properly first, they added 3 days timer that doesn't refresh (massive problems on pve)that was over a week ago and nothing has been done since despite post after post about the refreshing not working ..

4 minutes ago, UDO said:

how about they get the fucking things working properly first, they added 3 days timer that doesn't refresh (massive problems on pve)that was over a week ago and nothing has been done since despite post after post about the refreshing not working ..

If it wasn't clear, those were suggestions to add onto the claim system after the cap to claim flags or fixing the timer. 

This is the part about "get the fucking things working first"  as you put it :

"An initial cap on personal flags (along with either making flags non-capturable on PvE or fixing the 3 day refresh when crew members are near flags) would be a good start."

Suggestions can obviously be done down the road. I'm also not totally sure you read the whole post before you jumped on me. Really no need to spew your anger.  Anyone on a PvE server I would imagine wants the claiming system fixed first and foremost.  It's the constant ranting and bitching however that's filling this forum with hate, and likely making it a bitch for the developers to actually find any useful suggestions.