[616]RexFortis

Any News Yet On Resetting Servers Back to Zero?

16 hours ago, [616]RexFortis said:

It's morally unethical not to and something that will go down in gaming history as a major tragedy never to be forgotten.

:classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

The land claim system isn't going to get changed as the current system is specifically how the developers wanted it to work. They're even bragging about how awesome it is that huge chunks of land are claimed by companies on Twitter.

It's retarded but the game is working the way the developers want, why would they change it?

36 minutes ago, Garfy said:

The land claim system isn't going to get changed as the current system is specifically how the developers wanted it to work. They're even bragging about how awesome it is that huge chunks of land are claimed by companies on Twitter.

It's retarded but the game is working the way the developers want, why would they change it?

Once they get tired of paying streamers to stream it and the servers are empty then they might. I dont think they sold many copies, so theyre right now relying on these streamers to sell (literally and figuratively) the game for them. They never broke 60K people online at any given time. thats with 4 official servers and hundreds of private one. thats pretty pathetic in the  grand scheme. The last 'major' MMO to release was ESO and that was five years ago now? That was so bad no one could get on and that game was even that well received by people.

Long gone are the days of MMOs having 800K plus players on release obviously but with something like this the way people are frothing at the bit for any MMO worth playing (beyond what already exists) you would think the interest would have been greater. But its ARK DLC basically so theres that I suppose. Oh and I guess its still 'early access' so the actual release will bring way more people just like when Ark di....oh wait NVM

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Where's this 90% and 10% figures come from? :classic_blink:

pulled from his ass.

87.9% of all statistics are made up {including this one}

Doubt they will wipe. More likly just open new servers once a lot of the problems are fixed. Welcome to the test server 😉 All wildcard did with ark was archive the old servers and opened new and let the old die. Was accually pretty damn smart on thier part but sucked for the ppl that were established on the old ones.

10 hours ago, iTzHoNoRaBLe said:

dont worry i got 172 hours in to just get wiped of a whole island with 40 ppl by aimbot wall hack china ppl

14 hours a day you’re real hardcore player 😄 

I foresee  a sever wipe, at least one good one at some point. Everyone would start over. Maybe with an overhaul update.

Edited by Poind3xt3r

There is no solution for this. This will be the same story all over again with the haters and the lovers. So might as well let it be (even though I’d vote for a wipe). But only if everything gets balanced, like the ghost ships the claiming etc.. 

Beyond the fact that asking for a wipe is just ludicrous, you obviously don't have any experience playing Ark, right? That's the way this company woks, the game is developing exactly as they want it to be and they won't wipe for nothing.

Not even with massive duping they did anything with Ark servers, why would they do it here. At best, when the game leaves EA and is officially launched we will have the actual servers labeled "legacy" and fresh new servers will pop up and you will be able to choose where to play.

Part of playing a game in EA is dealing with those things. As it is said in the game's Steam store page: "This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development."

3 hours ago, rodarin said:

LMAO at people who say "people put too much 'work' in already" Or "people have too many hours for a wipe". Its Early Access the first excuse people come up with to defend this buggy mess. There should have been a wipe on the third day maybe even the second. But just because they havent yet doesnt mean they shouldnt. They gave everyone 2.5 so they could rush through some stuff. Now just reset everything. There should be resets all the time as they test and rework things.

Then you would see whats up and who is going to come back and grind again. Thats all these games offer anyway...the grind. One of the reasons why they dont last long. ARK did so well because they reset servers all the time or guys just moved from server to server when they got bored. Once everyone has built everything and wiped everyone they will also get bored and leave. Might free up some land then. But that really isnt the reason to have a wipe anyway.

There also arent enough people playing for them to put the resources into more servers. Population has already started to dissipate already. They didnt break 50K players last night, didnt even get to 48K actually. Thats more than 10K off the all time high.

One of the more grindy games out there is EvE online... Yeah, it does not last long... After its short life it only retaing... 30K of players. What a fail.

NO. XD

48 minutes ago, Manaos said:

One of the more grindy games out there is EvE online... Yeah, it does not last long... After its short life it only retaing... 30K of players. What a fail.

NO. XD

True to that. I play Eve online since 2010.

God no, so I can spend two days lagging and rubber banding while everyone tries to log in? No thanks, as the casuals and noobs drop out that leaves room for those of us who enjoy the game and know it's going to be a mess. Not to mention it feels like server performance is terrible right now, their priority needs to be increased performance. Many things need to be tested in the game and a wipe would also cause that to take longer. They'll wipe when they're ready. Maybe come back then, or at release if you're not ready for an EA game.

1 hour ago, Manaos said:

NO. XD

Eve used to have 60K + It is also the only space game around until of course Chris Roberts releases Star...no I just cant type it.

Those numbers are also inflated by people with multiple accounts. When I stopped playing about 5 years ago I had 5 or 6 accounts I was actively logging in on and a couple more I forgot passwords to. I knew guys with a lot more than that. Our group had maybe 12-15 active live people but over 100 accounts/classes we could log in on at any given time.

As for ARK the person who said they never wiped obviously wasnt around in the beginning because they had at least 3 wipes if not more and two of them were directly due to duping (so they still havent learned how to stop it I guess).

I have almost 1500 hours in ARK and I havent played since the first paid expansion. Because any EA game hiding behind EA protection shouldnt be releasing paid anything. But hey they got sued into the stone age (no pun) and needed a quick 40 mil.

And the 'they need to focus on server performance.' Hmmm where have we all heard that one before?

7 hours ago, rodarin said:

LMAO at people who say "people put too much 'work' in already" Or "people have too many hours for a wipe". Its Early Access the first excuse people come up with to defend this buggy mess. There should have been a wipe on the third day maybe even the second. But just because they havent yet doesnt mean they shouldnt. They gave everyone 2.5 so they could rush through some stuff. Now just reset everything. There should be resets all the time as they test and rework things.

Then you would see whats up and who is going to come back and grind again. Thats all these games offer anyway...the grind. One of the reasons why they dont last long. ARK did so well because they reset servers all the time or guys just moved from server to server when they got bored. Once everyone has built everything and wiped everyone they will also get bored and leave. Might free up some land then. But that really isnt the reason to have a wipe anyway.

There also arent enough people playing for them to put the resources into more servers. Population has already started to dissipate already. They didnt break 50K players last night, didnt even get to 48K actually. Thats more than 10K off the all time high.

This is the only intelligent response I read here.

Biggest problem I see is that, progression is literally tied to land claim.

You can't put a bed on a lawless island - Meaning you need a raft or some other ship to put it on, which is easily destroyed, and not really possible to protect.

Then you got other bigger companies which potentially will just head to these lawless islands to keep people from even leaving those islands (I know of several places this has happend already on EU PVP).

Any player getting into the game won't have a chance to actually figure out how the game works, since its all locked behind joining either a very large company or alliance.

Exploring seem non-existant, as most will just shoot you on sight, especially if you head onto an island they have claimed and is potentially active on.

Trading was supposed to be a thing, though I'm not sure how this will ever become a thing considering how things are turning out just playing the game (Mindset of the community etc.)

If the population just keeps falling, then I suppose that there's not really much reason to add more regions to any server, where as you'd prob end up with a few mega companies/alliances just fighting eachother.

Tbh that seems rather bland and stale - and more closer to what would just resemble a team deathmatch with crafting, instead of a potentially pretty awesome dynamic world from which you'd have both larger and smaller companies which could affect the world overall and add life to it.

11 hours ago, [GP] Guybrush Threepwood said:

Where's this 90% and 10% figures come from? :classic_blink:

A place where the sun dont shine 😉

morally unethical? lol gtfo. why do people want a reset? do you really think the people that own tons of land wont just do it again?

9 hours ago, Zoin said:

Biggest problem I see is that, progression is literally tied to land claim.

You can't put a bed on a lawless island - Meaning you need a raft or some other ship to put it on, which is easily destroyed, and not really possible to protect.

Then you got other bigger companies which potentially will just head to these lawless islands to keep people from even leaving those islands (I know of several places this has happend already on EU PVP).

Any player getting into the game won't have a chance to actually figure out how the game works, since its all locked behind joining either a very large company or alliance.

Exploring seem non-existant, as most will just shoot you on sight, especially if you head onto an island they have claimed and is potentially active on.

Trading was supposed to be a thing, though I'm not sure how this will ever become a thing considering how things are turning out just playing the game (Mindset of the community etc.)

If the population just keeps falling, then I suppose that there's not really much reason to add more regions to any server, where as you'd prob end up with a few mega companies/alliances just fighting eachother.

Tbh that seems rather bland and stale - and more closer to what would just resemble a team deathmatch with crafting, instead of a potentially pretty awesome dynamic world from which you'd have both larger and smaller companies which could affect the world overall and add life to it.

Part of that "shoot everything" gameplay is because the arcade tone of the game. Is too easy to farm, there is no penalty on death, everything is fast paced...

Already told it a few times. I was hoping for a Life is Feudal in a pirate world. A survival craft MMO, we found and arcade beat 'em up Instead.

The game right now no need anything of that. You can solo farm, solo sail anything. Shoot everyone. No need to eat, drink, or meds. With the respec Even no need to plan progression. (Until LvL 51 at least.)

• Like 1

A wipe wouldn't make anything better. In fact, it will likely make it much, much worse if it were to happen at this point in development.

There are already sites out there selling claims for real-world money. When there's real money to be made for claims and a wipe happens with all the land available for claiming, you better believe the botters will come out.

One could - theoretically - get on a raft, have other rafts blocking everyone else from leaving the Freeport, sail to an island, put down a bed, have a fresh account log in, join a company, fast travel to the island, put down a claim, log out and then when that claim is sold for real world cash they'd just have to refund the game because it would be within the 2-hour refund window, and it's all profit.

Repeat that en masse the way botters do with every Freeport and they'll get every island claimed up before the rest of us even have a chance to get out there. At least with the way things are now you can maybe get someone to agree to let you build a base on some of their property. Good luck getting the botters to agree to that.

Sadly, similar things happen in nearly every MMO. Sometimes it's gold, sometimes it's items, this time it's claims. The botters will always show up where there's money to be made.

Worse, it doesn't even need to be botters. A large 100+ company could just have one or two people hanging out at the docks in each Freeport sinking any rafts that get made so people can't get out to go claim anything while their members go and take every single island. You think the game is controlled by just a few companies now? You haven't seen anything yet.

Edited by Kidori

17 hours ago, Dags said:

Doubt they will wipe. More likly just open new servers once a lot of the problems are fixed. Welcome to the test server 😉 All wildcard did with ark was archive the old servers and opened new and let the old die. Was accually pretty damn smart on thier part but sucked for the ppl that were established on the old ones.

I swear I remember them wiping once in the very beginning because of some mass exploits.  I do remember the archive stuff though and that was quite a bit later.

Regardless, opening a new server is effectively the same as wiping.  Anyone, established or not, will consider their old stuff moot and will rush to the new server, same as a wipe basically.  The few that don't want to leave will stay and eventually the old server will die off as new players won't join it.

On 1/2/2019 at 4:17 PM, Nutcutt3r said:

Too many playing they will never wipe. There will be a new set of servers and they will let this one slowly decay.

There isn’t that many people playing

14 hours ago, rodarin said:

Eve used to have 60K + It is also the only space game around until of course Chris Roberts releases Star...no I just cant type it.

Those numbers are also inflated by people with multiple accounts. When I stopped playing about 5 years ago I had 5 or 6 accounts I was actively logging in on and a couple more I forgot passwords to. I knew guys with a lot more than that. Our group had maybe 12-15 active live people but over 100 accounts/classes we could log in on at any given time.

As for ARK the person who said they never wiped obviously wasnt around in the beginning because they had at least 3 wipes if not more and two of them were directly due to duping (so they still havent learned how to stop it I guess).

I have almost 1500 hours in ARK and I havent played since the first paid expansion. Because any EA game hiding behind EA protection shouldnt be releasing paid anything. But hey they got sued into the stone age (no pun) and needed a quick 40 mil.

And the 'they need to focus on server performance.' Hmmm where have we all heard that one before?

It will be the same story. They will run out of money again and have snail games come to the rescue once again.

then everyone can have fun with the Chinese server moderators that wipe anyone that attacks the Chinese.

just like ark the same will happen here. And atlas isn’t even as popular as ark was 😂

29 minutes ago, Realist said:

It will be the same story. They will run out of money again and have snail games come to the rescue once again.

then everyone can have fun with the Chinese server moderators that wipe anyone that attacks the Chinese.

just like ark the same will happen here. And atlas isn’t even as popular as ark was 😂

Nope breadth hemorrhaging people at an alarming rate. They never broke 60K people and yesterday they never even got to 45K.

Theyre playing to the streamers and their base right now, they dont really care about the game itself by the looks. 

Its all one big alliance right now. Rather than fight these big time streamers all just join up together. What is the point of that? Then people taking about how someone is too far away to PvP against. Reality is if they ever did meet they wouldnt fight anyway they would just join up. I suspect once one of the big companies meets the mythical 'Chinese' they wont fight either.

"PvP" in this game is like most other 'hardcore' PvP games. Offline raiding or rolling over solos or small groups who dont have a chance to threaten you.

At least with ARK you could have respectable private servers. This game the servers are overpriced and you need multiples. I play on a 5x5 and it was OK but the pop wasnt high enough and now only 4 or 5 of us log on now. Its a game that absolutely needs a high pop. Problem is when the high pops are all allied with each other it defeats the whole purpose of the game. Which is limited at best.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rodarin said:

Nope breadth hemorrhaging people at an alarming rate. They never broke 60K people and yesterday they never even got to 45K.

Theyre playing to the streamers and their base right now, they dont really care about the game itself by the looks. 

Its all one big alliance right now. Rather than fight these big time streamers all just join up together. What is the point of that? Then people taking about how someone is too far away to PvP against. Reality is if they ever did meet they wouldnt fight anyway they would just join up. I suspect once one of the big companies meets the mythical 'Chinese' they wont fight either.

"PvP" in this game is like most other 'hardcore' PvP games. Offline raiding or rolling over solos or small groups who dont have a chance to threaten you.

At least with ARK you could have respectable private servers. This game the servers are overpriced and you need multiples. I play on a 5x5 and it was OK but the pop wasnt high enough and now only 4 or 5 of us log on now. Its a game that absolutely needs a high pop. Problem is when the high pops are all allied with each other it defeats the whole purpose of the game. Which is limited at best.

Exactly right. Yeah, if it ever did come to console which I almost guarantee it won’t now. Or if it does they will rush it out because they are out of money.

either way though if I did get the game I would literally just go to the absolute far corner of the map that was the farthest away from any Freeport and just live freely. If they want to sail 10 hours to get to me then they deserve my stuff. Then they can spend the next 10 hours sailing back. By that time I will have my base built back up 😂

yeah they made a mistake by making it an mmo. Either that or they made a mistake by making it a survival game. Very bad idea to blend those two genres