Sign in to follow this  
pygmy

Scale up resource gathering to same level as when you had the 2.5x

I think when resources gathering was boosted was fine but now when they are reverted to normal i feel this game is unbelievable grindy, it was grindy with the boost but this is sickening, getting straw or what that core resource is called got me something from 13-25 units per plant now i get 2-7 units and it´s so sickening that i stopped playing and i really hope we can push for getting the resource gathering buffed again.

• Like 1

The number of times I have had to restart in Freeport due to server screwups I really NEED the increased resources just to avoid wasting time in Freeport and get back on my feet again. Every time I log in and notice it's taking a long time to load my character in I think "Ah, dead and wiped out AGAIN, eh..." and it's getting tiresome.

jjYeh the 2.5x was perfect gets everyone sailing.. normal loot is such a drag to build 1 panel

Nope, this is a MMO, long term building and gathering

There are plenty of private servers with 3x or 10x etc.

This one is supposed to take longer to build.  They still need to turn instant ship construction back off too.

1 minute ago, GiXXeR said:

jjYeh the 2.5x was perfect gets everyone sailing.. normal loot is such a drag to build 1 panel

1500 wood thatch and fiber for 1 large 1 lol 

2 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

This one is supposed to take longer to build.  They still need to turn instant ship construction back off too.

I agree with this and I agree with the others.

Increase the gathering speed for the duration this game is still in early access.

It's just too easy to lose a base or a ship or whatever so increasing the resource gathering speed for now would be great and lower it back to normal when the game actually works like it's supposed to.

1 minute ago, Ducki said:

I agree with this and I agree with the others.

Increase the gathering speed for the duration this game is still in early access.

It's just too easy to lose a base or a ship or whatever so increasing the resource gathering speed for now would be great and lower it back to normal when the game actually works like it's supposed to.

This, except the plants. Food right now is fine, rocks too, wood is kinda meh but livable but the plants?, know how much everything needs fiber?, can get behind food bushes but fiber?, everything needs tens or hunderets of fiber even in basics and iron scythe doesn't do nothing to help combat that nerf. However still would prefer the 2.5x resources, playing to have fun not to work, however old system had too much food going on, after killing a pack of wolves, would have entire campfire of meat.

11 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

I could maybe agree if at current rates it didnt take days to build a ship but then other game mechanics make it possible to lose in minutes.

I think the cost of things could taken down alittle. That would be beneficial to majority. You can only build so much but the leveling should be more a linear scale. 

1 hour ago, archaegeo said:

Yeah, i understand the view of having not everyone getting everything. But i tell ya in my country the unemployee rates are 6% the rest of us has to go to work to fucking grind already. This is ridcilous actually but let me tell you,. If i made the same buck as my real life job well fine i could pick up a f*ing schyte and start chopping.

Edited by pygmy
adding text.
  • Like 2

my resources did not respawn the last 2 day.. so i could not even make full use of the event...

2.5x is a nice "event" rate but for official servers i dont think it should be this rate maybe a 1.5ish rate would be enough. During the 2.5x we had gathered so much that we were basically dropping anything we gathered and that was a problem cause some materials we can only get via trading the goods we dropped so a higher rate for sure but not a 2 or 2.5x

Maybe have weekend rates vs weekday rates having weekday a normal rate and weekends a higher rate cause more people are online for the weekends

Edited by KoopaTheTurtle

i love this game i will search for unofficial server then, and i hope you other casuals do the same, so the hardcore ones can have thier empty servers for them selves.

I disagree with increasing rates.  The game isn't made to where every person needs their own personal schooner.... this is a team game... a single person on normal rates can farm mats for a sloop in a decent amount of time.

A team of people can farm for the appropriate level of ship in a decent amount of time....

The resource rates are fine.... 2.5x the chinese with 30 people were farming out 3+ galleons... dunno about you kids, but a Galleon should take a decent crew at a minimum a week to build... that crap is endgame and you guys need to wrap your head around that idea.

Edited by Bolognapwny

3 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

I disagree with increasing rates.  The game isn't made to where every person needs their own personal schooner.... this is a team game... a single person on normal rates can farm mats for a sloop in a decent amount of time.

A team of people can farm for the appropriate level of ship in a decent amount of time....

The resource rates are fine.... 2.5x the chinese with 30 people were farming out 3+ galleons... dunno about you kids, but a Galleon should take a decent crew at a minimum a week to build... that crap is endgame and you guys need to wrap your head around that idea.

I do agree that boats are a labor intensive endeavor.  BUT (always a but), combat tuning is and looks to be quite clunky.  Not only that, but the myriad of ways (included bugs, oversights & exploits) boats can be decimated in seconds does sort of lean towards the work asked to create a ship, being utterly unbalanced against what it takes to wreck one.  If it was me, I'd ease the weight of building ships whilst mechanics of damage, and what can damage ships is tuned correctly.

• Thanks 1

Plz NO.

The game is already way too easy. Building in this game is like Fornite with water.

Please. Just, don't.

Edit: we are a company of +/-40 guys from another game. We came here hoping to sail toghether, shoulder to shoulder, 15 guys sailing, raiding exploring in a ship....

What we get is a 15 ships armada with solo crew each... It's like playing World of Warships with a Fornite crafting rate.

Bases? Just spawn gigants Doors that are almost free. No need of eat, drink o healers. Just día and respawn as you please...

Please. Don't make this EVEN more casual than already is. Please!!!

Edited by Manaos
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Manaos said:

Plz NO.

The game is already way too easy. Building in this game is like Fornite with water.

Please. Just, don't.

Omg, sitting on steam forum and crusading everyone was not enough and had to come here? Guess we gonna have every post now spammed about game being "fortnite + world of warships" or something.

4 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Omg, sitting on steam forum and crusading everyone was not enough and had to come here? Guess we gonna have every post now spammed about game being "fortnite + world of warships" or something.

Well. I suppose to cry and ask to make thing free and be able to solo the game there was not enough so you came here.

Rly, do you want a ratkid game? Would you lost the chance to have a truly pirate survival MMO?

4 minutes ago, Manaos said:

Well. I suppose to cry and ask to make thing free and be able to solo the game there was not enough so you came here.

Rly, do you want a ratkid game? Would you lost the chance to have a truly pirate survival MMO?

Sry, there's no pirate game if it takes 50 ppl to build a ship in a resonable time and that ship sinks in few tens of cannon balls, the ships right now are too squishy to justify the amount of resources on 1x gathering speed + there are all those exploits still. As said somewhere here on forum, being fine with wood, rocks and animal gathering rates, especialy when going for that increased harvest in survival tree but it takes forever to gather fiber even with 2.5x speed bcs almost everything needs fiber and the gathering speed is lower than berries which are everywhere. On top of slow gathering speed, fiber is not even everywhere, most tundra islands don't have fiber.

Also about "comming here and crying for free stuff", that's funny, bcs we never talkt on steam, only watched some posts and thou art realy trying hard there to battle those poor ppl that don't want to hit trees entire day.

Totally agree, at least wood and thatch so simple structures can be built easily. I don't think that would affect the PVP balance and everything seemed fine with PVP during the 2.5 2 .5 x boost anyway

PvP was not affected because is 1.0 or 2.5 for everyone. Had nothing to PvP balance.

Thing is. The game is already super easy and super fast. (The only hard think is about unbalanced spawn rates of NPC enemys or Cross a server node and find  lvl 58 SoD in your face) The more expensive ship are there already for small company and there is solo guys with Bergantine with NPC crew. 

How much easy do you want to be?

After reading this post I'm actually more confused.  How is this like fortnite at all?  I have never built a decent ship in the time it takes to play a fornite match but you can definitely lose a ship faster than you can even thank the bus driver.....

Edited by Big Bojangles