Sign in to follow this  
ifixxed

Breeding Tames List + Info v8.72

Hey guys, wanted to post a list I created from testing all the currently tamable creatures in Atlas, in regards to their ability to breed or not. 

Tier Creature Can Breed
1 Chicken Yes
1 Monkey Yes
1 Parrot Yes
1 Rabbit Yes
1 Sheep Yes
2 Bear Yes
2 Bull Yes
2 Cow Yes
2 Crow Yes
2 Horse Yes
2 Ostrich Yes
2 Pig Yes
2 Seagull Yes
2 Vulture Yes
2 Wolf Yes
2 Penguin Yes
3 Elephant Yes
3 Giraffe Yes
3 Lion Yes
3 Rhino Yes
3 Tiger Yes

Some more info:
If you see an Island Icon above the animal you are trying to Mate, it means the current Temp is too hot for them to continue to breed. Like wise an Iceberg Icon means it is too cold for them to mate. Moreover, If you see either of these icons on a baby(at any stage) it means the current temp is to hot, or cold for them to be raised in, resulting in the baby taking damage until the temp is corrected or they die.

Most creatures can mate in most tropic/temperate zones, but if the creature cannot it will display a message in orange letting you know "Undesirable biome for mating!"

There is no reason to take 'Breeding tier 3' atm, since no tier 3 Creature can be raised(unless you want 'Advanced Nature's Touch', which requires 'Breeding Tier 3').

I will update temps and biomes when I conduct further tests.

Last thing to mention... I breed about 100 cows and all I ever got was Male bulls. The same was true for the 45 horses I breed. I did not see a single female. What is more, I did not see a single mutation. I did see a hand full of twins and one set of triplets, again all male. I really hope they Enable mutations as that is a huge driving factor into wanting to breed and furthering the trading that could be had for sought after stats/colors. Let me know if you saw a mutation or got a female baby!

EDITED to reflect 1.5

Edited by ifixxed
  • Like 1

Nice List.

Would love another tab for comments that describes basic uses (for example using the elephant to farm trees or how the monkey slows enemies).

On 1/2/2019 at 1:36 PM, Migolcow said:

Nice List.

Would love another tab for comments that describes basic uses (for example using the elephant to farm trees or how the monkey slows enemies).

The wiki is where I pulled the name format from, so it is easy to put in the breedable tab this chart can be seen Here

Tier Creature Can Breed Taming method Item Ride/Carry Saddle Resources Flee
1 Chicken Yes Passive Berries Carry in arms --- Eggs Yes
1 Monkey Yes Passive Berries Shoulder Carry ---   Startles
1 Parrot Yes Bola Hardtack Shoulder Carry ---   No
1 Rabbit Yes Passive Carrot Carry not implemented yet ---   Yes
1 Sheep Yes Passive Chamomile Ride No saddle needed Rushes, Wood Yes
2 Bear Yes Bola Honey Ride Tier 2, Cargo, Carriage Fiber, Plants, Prime Meat, Meat, Fish No
2 Bull Yes Bola Rushes Ride Tier 2 Thatch,Berries, Plants, Prime meat, some wood No
2 Cow Yes Passive Rushes --- --- Milk, Prime meat Yes
2 Crow Yes Bola Earthworms Shoulder Carry ---    
2 Horse Yes Bola Sugar Cane Ride Tier 2, Cargo, Carriage Berries, Vegetables Startles
2 Ostrich Yes Bola Chili Ride Tier 2 Wood, Thatch No
2 Pig Yes Bola Maize Ride No saddle needed Berries, Vegetables No
2 Seagull Yes Bola Raw Prime Fish Meat Shoulder Carry ---   No
2 Vulture Yes Bola Rotten Meat Shoulder Carry     No
2 Wolf Yes Bola Bone Ride Tier 2 Meat, Hide, Keratinoid No
2 Penguin Yes Bola Raw Prime Fish Meat Carry in arms ---    
3 Elephant Yes Bola Wheat.png Wheat Ride (3 passengers) Tier 3 Wood, Thatch, Berries, Plants No
3 Giraffe Yes Bola Beet Ride (2 passengers) Tier 3 Wood, Thatch, Berries No
3 Lion Yes Bola Prime Animal Meat Ride Tier 3 Meat, Hide, Keratinoid No
3 Rhino Yes Bola Turnip Ride Tier 3 Stone, Metal No
3 Tiger Yes Bola Prime Animal Meat Ride Tier 3 Meat, Hide, Keratinoid No

I added the Can Breed tab to the wiki page, again found Here.

Edited by ifixxed
  • Like 1

After i got killed what is crow on my shoulder doing ? Fly and run or ?

And is there an option to make crow down from my shoulder ? i could not see 

Where did you mate your horses? Tried every biome but polar and equator. Every one was either too hot or too cold and undesirable. Waited a full day/night cycle in each too just in case.

I like the general idea, assuming they allow us to breed more animals, but loosen up these restrictions just a little because this is annoying. Horse and Ostrich serve the same purpose but we can only breed one? Why!?! I have so many complaints about breeding 😤

Edit: I guess Ostrich can't use artillery wagons but still

Edited by Nari

Figured it out, open water biomes are all undesirable had to anchor near shore in temperate. 

Can you add Biomes where the Animals are able to mate each other ?  I got Crows and they dont like to mate each other in Desert, Tropical, Temperate and i have no clue where to find the right biom for them. 

Breeding, like everything in this game, compared to ARK, is just wack.  So you have crows on a desert island.  How did they get there?  They surely breed there. And they surely grow up from babies, just fine, right?  In the zeal to create gameplay, they ruin the game.  One reason so many people stop playing this game is because you lose EVERYTHING, when somebody decides to raid you.  You work really hard to build something up, and in an instant, you can be set back to nothing.  I have worked really hard to find some bears worth breeding.  If they were on a boat that got sunk, I would quit the game.  But that's just it...you have to take them someplace you can breed them.  I can't breed them where I am.  And it's not like I am in a big company.  So I have to do this all on my own.  So on top of the ridiculously long time it takes for the baby to grow up, I have to add in sailing times.  Yay for me!  -facepalm

A lot of these ideas are just fine for PvE, but not PvP.  It's just getting to be too much bother to do anything, with how easy it is for a small company to lose everything when playing against Megas disguised as several small companies.  But their aren't even trying to hide it.  Like X Company, X Company Gold, X Company Silver, X Company Red, X Company Blue, etc...

I don't think we will be playing this much longer.  I figure after the next time we get raided and or wiped by a Mega, we will be done for good.  We are already down to 1/4 of what we started with at the start of this season.

with 1.5 it should be able to breed every animal u can tame. And a few days later, the devs changed the rules again: it should be able to breed every animal on the island u can tame it.

9 hours ago, MasterFiren said:

This List is old and not true anymore.

Updated it to say Yes  for all animals.

• Thanks 1