Sign in to follow this  
ninja970y

Hatchet and Sickle vs Planks

Ok at the moment 6 fire arrow open a wooden door in the ship, and you can make an hole in the boat with just an hatchet or a sickle....

Dosent even need to craft expensive cannon, so you spend hours and hours to build a ship even small, and 1 man with sickle ( wich u can craft in seconds ) can sunk your ship.

This is totally unbalanced atm and the game play now is just to go around and sunk other people ship with hatchet insted of plan something with ur tribe or using explosive...

DEVS please fix this issue, and try balance the game. Thanks

Edited by ninja970y
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Agreed hatchet and fire arrows are too op in this game instead firearms are useless

Edited by Breadly

I'm agree with what is written with in this topic, it is ridiculous that with an axe I can't kill easly an animal but I can sink a ship.

Agreed,  sickle must do 0 dmg against ships, and a axe, lesser damage and must loose faster durability when they hit planks.

Well, I mean, if someone took an axe or pick to a RL wooden boat it would sink pretty quickly. For the games sake, maybe decrease max damage from tools to small planks to maybe 10, medium to 5, and large to 2?

Fire arrows should require hitting oil from oil jars to do much damage to the wood unless maybe hitting a sail as I would imagine sails are fairly flammable.

Agreed, this needs to be toned down. Ships are too fragile in general, but to be taken down effortlessly with just a few fire arrows or even just metal tools is absurd.

Agreed. I don't care what's "realistic" either, it's a game and for balance sake boats should not be killed by tools and fire arrows, at least it should take hours if its even possible at all,  but IMO explosives and cannonballs should be the only things that damage ships hulls for gameplay sake. By all means make the doors/hatches destroyable with tools and fire arrows so you can clear out ships and loot them or try capture them though. Fire Arrows should mainly be an AOE weapon against players, to deny areas and to clear out defenders/bottenecks, but right now we can go just go sink a whole fleet within minutes using them. It's all about cost vs reward, whats the point in spending hours farming the resources to build big boats when someone can spend far less time making a few fire arrows and tools to sink a whole fleet lol.