Sign in to follow this  
Daesig

suggestion Respec cooldown

Respeccing should not be once per level but once per hour / day... I have no reason to up / powerlevel cause i'd be wasting respecs. 

1 minute ago, Daesig said:

Respeccing should not be once per level but once per hour / day... I have no reason to up / powerlevel cause i'd be wasting respecs. 

In ARK you could craft an item but it was only once per level, I rather prefer the fact that I can respect when I level, but I wouldn't complain if I could respect once per in real life day

1 minute ago, bluelance said:

In ARK you could craft an item but it was only once per level, I rather prefer the fact that I can respect when I level, but I wouldn't complain if I could respect once per in real life day

How are you gonna respec at max level then? 

Just now, Daesig said:

How are you gonna respec at max level then? 

At max level you would either trade someone for an item you need if your solo, or have a friend learn different things from you. Plus you can also get blueprints for virtually everything but that would be a massive grind. But I suspect the respec will be removed once they are happy with the skills balance. Thus forcing you to either team up with others, confront others with violence, or resort to trading. Also there is a trading vessel but I do not know what they actually sell other than a dragon

Just now, bluelance said:

At max level you would either trade someone for an item you need if your solo, or have a friend learn different things from you. Plus you can also get blueprints for virtually everything but that would be a massive grind. But I suspect the respec will be removed once they are happy with the skills balance. Thus forcing you to either team up with others, confront others with violence, or resort to trading. Also there is a trading vessel but I do not know what they actually sell other than a dragon

Im in a group with 60 people and im still respeccing. It's not meant to be played with 1 build. You need weight for farming, fortitide for fighting. You should be able to buy some sort of respec potions for 30 gold or something. Or at least be able to craft it easily without having to sail 10 hours to some island.

Food will probably give you benefits to fortitude, currently having a balanced diet gives 40.

If you have 60 people then some should put more points into weight than others, or make multiple trips. These are the same people who made ark where you cant respect at all once you hit max level (Mayb you can after defeating all the bosses I donno). It use to be you could everytime you ate a certain item, then they capped that to once per level. People complained and they didn't do anything and sadly they wont do that here either. There will be ways to augment your stats etc. Besides Once you reach a certain age your character will probably die and then you will be level 1 again (I don't know if that is what happens but it sure as hell wouldn't surprise me.

Edited by bluelance
  • Confused 1

On private servers you can gain however many skill points you want per level, so one person can do it all

Official is the MMO, work with others and do trade.

35 minutes ago, bluelance said:

Blueprints require you to have specced in the tree, at this point you might as well craft it yourself unless it's a better quality version.

Lets just do away with Skill Points and unlock everything from lvl 1 then, cos even at the minute with a respec per level no one needs to bother thinking about what skills they want, just respec, make stuff and respec until max level. Making it once per hour defeats the entire point of having skills progression.

The once per level respec needs to be removed and a single use respec added at max level.

Edited by JasonYork