Bolognapwny

I keep seeing all this crying about no place to live...

If they did not want you to be on land building a home they should not have put it in the game. Also un official servers are a joke. You can’t play the whole map on them. A server with 10 slots gets you ONLY the starter area . No one wants to spend that much money buying a server for every square of the map. They need to stop companies on PvE from claiming every damn spot on the map and give an allotted amount of claim space . Or open more servers to spread out the player base better. Don’t be such an elitist that you think you know how someone else should play a game. If you want to sit on s raft all year than that’s up to you . Also I really fail to see you not having a claimed area with a base on it .  Or is that the bull your trying to sell. That no one in your group has ANY claimed land ?

• Like 2

haha so many fking noobs coming not from ark, devs already said if u don't like ark this game is nothing for u, get big or die ok bye

20 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

First of all this game isn't made for you to live on a big island with you and your 5 friends dying your armor and RPing being pirates.  

You need to clan up... fleet battles are going to be a lot of fun with tons of people manning each ship... you need so many people to properly man a  boat... and we got this terrible ARK mental block with all these kids wanting to build a little house and sail around on a sloop.  Official servers probably aren't the place for many of you, and you need to go find a quiet lil private server...

P.S. take the Chinese with you.

Well i want to live on my boat.... but for some reason everytime i log on my boat is destroyed and im on pve sooooooo theres that too.

Edited by Case of the Scurvy
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Case of the Scurvy said:

Well i want to live on my boat.... but for some reason everytime i log on my boat is destroyed and im on pve sooooooo theres that too.

If you are logging out in lawless or freeport it decays while in those areas....

28 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

If you are logging out in lawless or freeport it decays while in those areas....

Na got my own land. I dont know whats happening... people over loading it, mob aggro maybe who knows. At this point i just wanna live on my boat but im sure logging out in the ocean will post same results lol... now that 2.5 is over i actually care.

3 hours ago, Bolognapwny said:

Well hate to break it to you weebs that wanna role-play on official pvp servers.... this game is not going to be designed for your solo can't interact with other another human deficiencies, and it shouldn't be.  You can of course take your lil lawless zone sloop and sail the high seas for 5 minutes all you want... They literally make private servers for you kids... stop crapping up the forums for solo crap.

/signed the thousands of us that can communicate and participate with others.

Who wouldn't want to spend their leisure time hanging out with 500 guys just exactly like Chuckles, here?  (Or worse)  Gee..what an attractive prospect.  I know when I get some (rare) time to do stuff I want, the first thing I always do is run and find a bunch of belligerent, unintelligent, humorless, arrogant little boys to spend time with.  Because that's what FUN is all about, dammit.

You damned solos and small groups better hurry up and join the Megas, because I said so, and you dumbasses don't even know how much fun you're missing.  Hell, we already have 35 guys in our Mega named on some variation of p3nis, and 2 dozen trying to see how many times they can work n***r into their names.  It's a riot!  And hey, if you're female, hurry up, so we can harass you all effing day...voice chat mandatory.   You kids, you weebs, you anti-social freaks need to STFU and just associate with us.  

Hilarious.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Winter Thorne said:

Who wouldn't want to spend their leisure time hanging out with 500 guys just exactly like Chuckles, here?  (Or worse)  Gee..what an attractive prospect.  I know when I get some (rare) time to do stuff I want, the first thing I always do is run and find a bunch of belligerent, unintelligent, humorless, arrogant little boys to spend time with.  Because that's what FUN is all about, dammit.

You damned solos and small groups better hurry up and join the Megas, because I said so, and you dumbasses don't even know how much fun you're missing.  Hell, we already have 35 guys in our Mega named on some variation of p3nis, and 2 dozen trying to see how many times they can work n***r into their names.  It's a riot!  And hey, if you're female, hurry up, so we can harass you all effing day...voice chat mandatory.   You kids, you weebs, you anti-social freaks need to STFU and just associate with us.  

Hilarious.

This isnt the game for you, they make 100's of titles for people like you... let us have our title please.

5 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

This isnt the game for you, they make 100's of titles for people like you... let us have our title please.

Please quote the design spec you're reading from that says only mega groups are allowed...no solos or smaller groups.    Or are you a dev in disguise?  You don't have any more say in what this game is than the rest of us if you haven't got something like that, so put up or shut up.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Vorxius said:

I'm just trying to find 'A' bit of land... Somewhere!  haven't even got past metal tools yet, a storage box and bed on land would would be a dramatic in game pace for me about now.  A sloop is something wild dreams are made of...  That's like a lottery win.

Depends of what kind of server you are on, but given that any small land claim as a solo on PVP would be wiped out by Chinese Pirates, let me give you a PVE tip that, based on my voyages, few people have thought of....

1) You an place a claim flag anywhere.

2) You can build anywhere within your claim flag.

3) If you bring enough materials, you can easily build a pillar (stacked floors) from the seabed to above the waves on which to build a happy home.

4*) I have not tested placing a boat dock on stilts... it should be possible, but you can't attach a dock to a pillar laterally (I have tried).... they should add the option to do so... this would solve may problems, though I can see where it would be forbidden since there is good reason why the dock snap to shallow ground... you wouldn't want to build docks out of the water.

5*) Boat docks are workbenches... in theory you could use someone else's empty dock to build a boat, assuming you bring enough mats to finish the boat quickly.

The last two are theoretical, but 1 through 3 are proven.  The only caveat to #3 is that I haven't tried it in an open ocean claim yet, only in deep shallows.

In theory, assuming you can build in deep ocean, a clan with a lot of grit could sail a bunch of rafts fully stocked with walls and floors into deep water and claim it and erect a floating castle.  I think I will test this tonight, since I have one claim currently that is half in deep shallows and half in deep water.  If it works, that'd be pretty awesome.  All you'd really need to to place the claim in a place with favorable winds from a Freeport and then warp to freeport, gather resources, build cheap raft and, load it with supplies and then set sail.  Rinse repeat.

This would be hard in PVP, and you'd need to be pretty advanced to get the necessary defenses to keep from getting zerged... but it is doable, in theory.

Here is a map of my claim that I was able to build a house on.  I only had Thatch learned at the time, but if you have a defense building spec and have canons and stone walls you could build a pretty formidable floating castle this way:

TL429I.jpg

Stone walls are not as necessary in PVE, though, since other players can't really attack you, so thatch is as good as stone.

Edited by jmotivator
  • Like 2

So I finally got back to this after a break and confirmed:  YES!  You can in fact place floor tiles on the deep sea bed.

In PVE, once you have 1 floor tile build you can just stack wall tiles up to the surface to save on materials (since floor tiles take more mats and don't stack full height), and then expand a house out from that.  So, it is no longer a theory:  You can build a house ANYWHERE you can drop a claim, and there is plenty of ocean-top property to choose from.

I would only suggest this for the most daring in PVP though since you'll need a LOT of materials to make a sturdy base that isn't easy to destroy.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 11:18 AM, Bolognapwny said:

First of all this game isn't made for you to live on a big island with you and your 5 friends dying your armor and RPing being pirates.  

You need to clan up... fleet battles are going to be a lot of fun with tons of people manning each ship... you need so many people to properly man a  boat... and we got this terrible ARK mental block with all these kids wanting to build a little house and sail around on a sloop.  Official servers probably aren't the place for many of you, and you need to go find a quiet lil private server...

It's arrogant sots exactly like you who think they know what's best for everyone that makes me cringe every single time someone suggests I 'clan up'.  YOU are exactly why I play solo.

• Haha 1

On 1/3/2019 at 11:45 AM, jmotivator said:

Depends of what kind of server you are on, but given that any small land claim as a solo on PVP would be wiped out by Chinese Pirates, let me give you a PVE tip that, based on my voyages, few people have thought of....

1) You an place a claim flag anywhere.

2) You can build anywhere within your claim flag.

3) If you bring enough materials, you can easily build a pillar (stacked floors) from the seabed to above the waves on which to build a happy home.

4*) I have not tested placing a boat dock on stilts... it should be possible, but you can't attach a dock to a pillar laterally (I have tried).... they should add the option to do so... this would solve may problems, though I can see where it would be forbidden since there is good reason why the dock snap to shallow ground... you wouldn't want to build docks out of the water.

5*) Boat docks are workbenches... in theory you could use someone else's empty dock to build a boat, assuming you bring enough mats to finish the boat quickly.

The last two are theoretical, but 1 through 3 are proven.  The only caveat to #3 is that I haven't tried it in an open ocean claim yet, only in deep shallows.

In theory, assuming you can build in deep ocean, a clan with a lot of grit could sail a bunch of rafts fully stocked with walls and floors into deep water and claim it and erect a floating castle.  I think I will test this tonight, since I have one claim currently that is half in deep shallows and half in deep water.  If it works, that'd be pretty awesome.  All you'd really need to to place the claim in a place with favorable winds from a Freeport and then warp to freeport, gather resources, build cheap raft and, load it with supplies and then set sail.  Rinse repeat.

This would be hard in PVP, and you'd need to be pretty advanced to get the necessary defenses to keep from getting zerged... but it is doable, in theory.

Here is a map of my claim that I was able to build a house on.  I only had Thatch learned at the time, but if you have a defense building spec and have canons and stone walls you could build a pretty formidable floating castle this way:

TL429I.jpg

Stone walls are not as necessary in PVE, though, since other players can't really attack you, so thatch is as good as stone.

Actually, stone has the advantage of not taking damage from most animals, unlike wood and thatch.

On 1/2/2019 at 12:54 PM, Vorxius said:

On a PvP server I completely agree.  On a PvE server?  Not so sure.  I should atleast be able to have a bed on land somewhere, and storage so that each time I log in I don't start from zero.

Agreed something must be done about the no place to live in a pve server.

11 hours ago, Jean Lafitte said:

It's arrogant sots exactly like you who think they know what's best for everyone that makes me cringe every single time someone suggests I 'clan up'.  YOU are exactly why I play solo.

Don't call me a sot I don't know what it means.

The game has limited space you daft sot... EG: you need to company up... you know how many people on my grid alone have tried to claim islands too big for them and they just get ran off EVERYDAY... 

Play solo kiddo, but do it on a private server by yourself and stop coming on my forums.

1 minute ago, Bolognapwny said:

Don't call me a sot I don't know what it means.

The game has limited space you daft sot... EG: you need to company up... you know how many people on my grid alone have tried to claim islands too big for them and they just get ran off EVERYDAY... 

Play solo kiddo, but do it on a private server by yourself and stop coming on my forums.

I'm actually quite ok with people playing solo on official myself, I just don't think every single one of them needs to have a claim to themselves.  Small groups maybe, but as you said limited space and resources are also very limited.  I play PVE and the region I live in has the majority of metal/gems on one very tiny island due to every small group getting their own plot and building there.   If you want to do solo and want to do official, my recommendation is use diplomacy to get someone who is in a large group and owns a fair bit of land to help you out not by giving you a spot but by giving you an area to live and park your boat safely, is it really that bad to be taxed at a low rate(you can negotiate rates guys!) for having a spot to live where there are active people clearing out alphas/predator spawns in farming areas? 

Make claim stealing notifications local only. So a company member will only receive the notification that the claim is being stolen if they are within a certain range of the flag being stolen .    Would solve companys being able to control massive areas without spreading their forces out. If they spread their forces out it creates smaller multiple smaller groups and allows for more small scale pvp.

Also OP is a douche and people who whine that they cant find a spot need to learn to play  you dont have to join a massive zerg to get by like the OP. Hea a useless meatshield on a power trip being carried by his crew.

The game also doesnt have to be changed because it's hard for smaller groups. Smaller groups just have to try harder.  It's possible  trust me. You won't have  an island to yourself maybe and you might have to fight for your stuff and rebuild a few times. But it's a pvp survival game right?

Edited by Back Stabbath
I like to edit.

13 hours ago, Pappy Green said:

Actually, stone has the advantage of not taking damage from most animals, unlike wood and thatch.

Fair enough.  I guess my house is elevated far enough out of the water that I don't aggro angry sharks, and I'm too far out in the water to aggro land predators. 

I suppose since my current house in in the shallows I don't get many sharks, though.

But either way, on PVE you can get away with stacking stone walls.  I guess the only concern I have then is being so far out that I aggro SoDs.  But what fun would it be without a challenge?!  😁

I'd almost take the SoDs over an alpha lion.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 12:18 PM, Bolognapwny said:

Last poll i saw of group play vs solo play more people play solo so now with that being said... can Atlas afford loseing the solo players who when 90% people start a game is as a solo player. Also if we have to be in large groups than the game should force you at logging into it. Otherwise your leaving it up to the players and it will sink this game fast.

260 hours in this game and no claim!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 11:19 AM, Winter Thorne said:

Hilarious.

Doesnt matter what you say no one is listening bro... how does that make you feel? 

18 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

Doesnt matter what you say no one is listening bro... how does that make you feel? 

Apparently you are.  :classic_biggrin:

Just for the record...not a bro.  No bro-ness was involved in the creation of this comment.

31 minutes ago, Scorpionshawn said:

I am confused, you I thought you said in the previous post that not allowing solo play is bad.  Isn't the post this is a response too also saying that its ridiculous to be forced to join a mega or not be able to play the game?

I find it funny how almost all the defense of land claims come from people talking about how they work for large companies in PvP.

Say you got 50-60 of your friends to join the game in PvE - that's 1/3 of a server cap. You all go hunting for land. You find there's none, so what? Now you're playing wrong because you didn't join faster? Merchant slaves to the establishment? Or are you going to say your fault for not playing holy PvP?

Personally, I dont necessarily play solo, but it feels majority solo.

My plan was to build a big trading outpost (obviously I'm not the only one with that plan) so I went to PVE assuming it'd be a bit easier to gather my bearings. 

Boy. Was. I. Wrong.

I woke up day 1 after being online the day before for 35 hours, to my raft being sunk, literally logged in when the raft had 200HP left to a guy standing over me and two dead bodies on it.

Since then I've made tons of allies who have been extremely helpful, but I still dont have a base of operations. We found an area of land that is being griefed daily because this one guy who owns the entire island is mad we got to a spot before him, he closed us in and built next to our flag so we cant even make a tiny house. So yeah, wanting more land doesnt seem like a bad request.

I play on official because as someone said "Its an MMO", but I shouldnt have to join a bigger company just because it'll benefit me. MMO just means a lot of people play at one time and interact with one another, be it solo or otherwise. I want to play the way I choose, and from experience joining a bigger group means I have to follow what they want. 

Playing on a private server negates the entire meaning of MMO.

I dont think it's horrible to ask for things like flag reduction, or code in a better system for coverage. It's not that land is necessarily hard to come by (depending on where you wanna live, Tundra and polar are mostly empty) but you run into a case where in between two claims are available but you cant place a flag because on either side of you the range of your flag touches their boarders and its impossible to nab.

• Like 1