Bolognapwny

I keep seeing all this crying about no place to live...

First of all this game isn't made for you to live on a big island with you and your 5 friends dying your armor and RPing being pirates.  

You need to clan up... fleet battles are going to be a lot of fun with tons of people manning each ship... you need so many people to properly man a  boat... and we got this terrible ARK mental block with all these kids wanting to build a little house and sail around on a sloop.  Official servers probably aren't the place for many of you, and you need to go find a quiet lil private server...

P.S. take the Chinese with you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, Moonie1 said:

Looks like 2019 is the Year of the Douche Bag...

Yeah man you are exactly the person I was trying to reach with this post... thanks for reading.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I'm just trying to find 'A' bit of land... Somewhere!  haven't even got past metal tools yet, a storage box and bed on land would would be a dramatic in game pace for me about now.  A sloop is something wild dreams are made of...  That's like a lottery win.

3 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

Yeah man you are exactly the person I was trying to reach with this post... thanks for reading.

You were looking for someone to insult you over you whining about people whining? Glad I could help out in that case.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Vorxius said:

I'm just trying to find 'A' bit of land... Somewhere!  haven't even got past metal tools yet, a storage box and bed on land would would be a dramatic in game pace for me about now.  A sloop is something wild dreams are made of...  That's like a lottery win.

You have to company up... there is no finding a bit of land... this isn't Ark... if you want the "ARK" Experience go find a dead private serer that gets the occasional one person on it.

13 minutes ago, Bolognapwny said:

You have to company up... there is no finding a bit of land... this isn't Ark... if you want the "ARK" Experience go find a dead private serer that gets the occasional one person on it.

On a PvP server I completely agree.  On a PvE server?  Not so sure.  I should atleast be able to have a bed on land somewhere, and storage so that each time I log in I don't start from zero.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bolognapwny said:

First of all this game isn't made for you to live on a big island with you and your 5 friends dying your armor and RPing being pirates.  

You need to clan up... fleet battles are going to be a lot of fun with tons of people manning each ship... you need so many people to properly man a  boat... and we got this terrible ARK mental block with all these kids wanting to build a little house and sail around on a sloop.  Official servers probably aren't the place for many of you, and you need to go find a quiet lil private server...

P.S. take the Chinese with you.

Dear Mr. Troll,

some of us prefer beeing free instead of beeing a Mister Nothing in a big clan (like you).

Please respect that.

Best Regards

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Talono said:

Dear Mr. Troll,

some of us prefer beeing free instead of beeing a Mister Nothing in a big clan (like you).

Please respect that.

Best Regards

and like I said there is a place for you... on a dead private server... be free Mr. Someone...

P.S. what grid you live in... ill be there tonight bb with some fish oil.

im in a 5 person clan on a server with 80% chinese, and have a brig, stone base that costed like 300,000 stone, and an island to us so it's definitely doable

Edited by firedropx

Seriously? I'm in a large clan, but...

Yeah there will never be enough land for everyone, but it's a sailing mmo, owning a piece of land shouldn't be a necessity if you don't plan on sailing around on a galeon, participating in large fleet battles, and dominating the game world. Some people just don't feel that great about being cannon fodder for megas. "GTFO" threads aren't really helping this game at all.

More people sailing is more prey, if anything >_>

Edited by LaiTash
  • Like 3

Yeah we all want to spend weeks building ships to lose them in 2 minutes. Totally this is how the game should work.

Also, if you can't claim land you can't even build a damned ship anyway.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Moonie1 said:

You were looking for someone to insult you over you whining about people whining? Glad I could help out in that case.

Yep, I think he was referring to the ones that just come to insult others.

3 hours ago, Talono said:

Please respect that.

Please respect that people asking for the very concept of the game to be altered, to suit their whims?  "I'd rather having nothing and be the master of that, rather than have stuff and be someone" seems like a terrible choice.  This whole "me me me" attitude is mind-boggling in a multiplayer online game.  Since when does "Massive Multiplayer Online" stand for "single player"?  You can still play solo, but you can't expect to enjoy the game fully, or at least not as easily.  Here's what Steam says:

Team up with other aspiring adventurers and sail into the vast ocean to discover new lands rich with region-specific elements, tame exotic natural and mythical creatures, raid forgotten tombs, confront powerful ancient gods and even build and administer your own colonies, cities, and civilizations to dominate the ATLAS in this ultimate quest for fortune and glory!

Notice that "team up" part.  Some people struggle with integrating into society or interacting with other people, and some MMO's don't cater to them.  I think this is one of those games.  Good luck taming much of anything on your own, or killing any of the crazy monsters out there, or battling ancient gods.  And administering to your own civilization... of one person.... that just seems all kinds of odd.  Are you going to tax yourself?  And if so, how much?  And if you do tax yourself, what are you going to spend it on?  Why not just spend it, rather than taxing yourself?

That being said, solo'ing is possible, but it's much more challenging.  People need to either accept that or move on.

5 minutes ago, Garfy said:

Also, if you can't claim land you can't even build a damned ship anyway.

There are companies actively advertising and looking for new recruits.  They will probably let you settle with them. 

• Thanks 2

Since when does "Massive Multiplayer Online" stand for "single player"?

There's (or hopefully will be) trading, there's pvp, being a solo player doesn't mean not interacting with anyone. And it's mostly not solo players complaining, but small groups of friends.

Also i'm sure the devs were trying to make place for solo players and small groups with taxes and stuff, but players don't want to cooperate with their vision (as expected tbh, especially since more players on server equals more lag).

Edited by LaiTash
  • Haha 1

I don't understand the mentality of the people that are comfortable in a huge company that they are the only ones or their way is the only way you should be able to experience and enjoy the game.  Someone brought up mmo's being massive multiplayer but I have always seen that as many people on in the same world enjoying the same game and their being multiple ways to interact with eachother, not that grouping up and griefing eachother is the only goal, quite a difference there.  Lastly any mmo that does want large scale battles usually places restrictions on those battles like battlefields, or at the very least a faction balance.  Like a 3 faction system to automatically align and dis align people could do wonders.  Oh your in our faction sure your company can have some land and already create a more cooperative and balanced pvp experience.  I understand it is sandbox but without rules only few will dictate the "game" experience and before long you wont have anyone left to call a whiney douche bag cause the game wont be any fun for anyone to play.

• Like 3

I actually wouldn't be against having a mobile base on a brigantine and sailing the open seas freely, but...

... the fucking SotD and the ocean damage to your hull doesn't allow it either. You can't anchor in open ocean so that means you have to stop near some land which is probably taken, which means they WILL offline you. It's so fucking mindless how the developers are designing this game. If they're going to be fine with mega companies scooping up giant pieces of land for themselves, then they shouldn't be thrown off guard and try to discourage people from living out at sea.

Fuck you, Grapeshot.

EDIT: Also, ships are too easy to break. Really? I can go up to it with a hatchet and fuck it up with ease.

Edited by KangWumpus

Well, i like the basic Atlas concept as a pirate game.

As i dont like beeing a worker bee in a big hive it would be fine sailing around in a Sloop exploring the base.

Upgrading to a Schooner would be a success, unfortunately a mobile base (opposite to ARK) is not possible and anything larger than a raft is pure axeman fodder.

Of course you could sail around solo in a galleon, the concept allows a NPC crew. Unfortunately this is bugged and a solo troll can easily destroy these weeks of farming (for a solo player) with axe or flame arrows. 

Furthermore solo players are stuck at level 51, as any advancement is only possible for fighting bosses to get the 9 stones.

It is sad, a nice concept, but soon people will realize, that they can be either slaves or capped in Atlas, both is not enjoyable.

The trolling thread author is certainly a)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Talono said:

Well, i like the basic Atlas concept as a pirate game.

As i dont like beeing a worker bee in a big hive it would be fine sailing around in a Sloop exploring the base.

Upgrading to a Schooner would be a success, unfortunately a mobile base (opposite to ARK) is not possible and anything larger than a raft is pure axeman fodder.

Of course you could sail around solo in a galleon, the concept allows a NPC crew. Unfortunately this is bugged and a solo troll can easily destroy these weeks of farming (for a solo player) with axe or flame arrows. 

Furthermore solo players are stuck at level 51, as any advancement is only possible for fighting bosses to get the 9 stones.

It is sad, a nice concept, but soon people will realize, that they can be either slaves or capped in Atlas, both is not enjoyable.

The trolling thread author is certainly a)

Yeah exactly this, I didn't know I signed up for a hive minded experience.  Also the devs need to get out of their ark logic and stop applying it to this game.  It doesn't matter if they want 1000 person companys or 10 as a dev, without some form of balance the game as is will not remain playable for the majority and that means soon the fun stops for all.

• Like 1

A little more time will pass (week or two) and everyone will be over Atlas except those who enjoy survival games.  A lot of land will open up to steal on the PvE servers.  That's what I am waiting for.

7 hours ago, LaiTash said:

Seriously? I'm in a large clan, but...

Yeah there will never be enough land for everyone, but it's a sailing mmo, owning a piece of land shouldn't be a necessity if you don't plan on sailing around on a galeon, participating in large fleet battles, and dominating the game world. Some people just don't feel that great about being cannon fodder for megas. "GTFO" threads aren't really helping this game at all.

More people sailing is more prey, if anything >_>

I'd Like this 10x if I could.

It's like the "join a big group or get out!" people don't realize that if that does happen they will have no one to prey on at all.  More players that can build up means more movement on the seas, meaning more freaking piracy.  And I'm speaking as one of the people that would be that target. 

Alternately let players have access to some sort of public crafting stations at the freeports.  Put out a bunch of unclaimable islands with plenty of that climates resources.  Put out a market feature in the freeports.  Let piracy begin on all the small groups traveling to and from the freeports.  

Also the irony of all pirates being required to join a large group is rather amusing.

Edited by Kyorin
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Kyorin said:

Also the irony of all pirates being required to join a large group is rather amusing.

This is the actual funniest thing to me, these megas would be like the governments tying to stop pirates, and the pirates would actually be the smaller company's complaining.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Another guy who thinks his 25 bucks entitles him to say what the game is and is not and who can play and who cannot.

Everybody is waiting for some direction and some "vision" from the devs, but they're too busy fixing network and server issues.    So many players ready to breach the gap to tell everyone what to do.  Such leadership!  So much winning.

Cracks me up.

• Like 1

Hello guys ,when you searching for land come to my private server

Atlas Surfing over Waves (GER) 4h,5XP,7T,Lvl 100 

176.57.181.46:28915 No chinese there 4 Maps with a lot of free Islands is pve/pvp freeport till level 30 

I find official servers more apealing even as a solo player for these reasons

- i like a challange (a fair one. Which is sadly not the case atm. Especially on PVE servers)

- bulding on a private server feels like a waste. 

- i like to socialize and meet a big diversity of players and that is hardly possible on a random pve server I know nothing about except a few numbers they promise

- potential posibilities of trading. Sadly this is again not really possible by the endless spam of damned ships.

Well hate to break it to you weebs that wanna role-play on official pvp servers.... this game is not going to be designed for your solo can't interact with other another human deficiencies, and it shouldn't be.  You can of course take your lil lawless zone sloop and sail the high seas for 5 minutes all you want... They literally make private servers for you kids... stop crapping up the forums for solo crap.

/signed the thousands of us that can communicate and participate with others.