Opt1kal

resource calculator Atlas Shipwright's Resource Calculator!

So, I've been building ships for my company(one of the main shipbuilder's for us), and I always found it a bit tedious to do all of the math to figure out how much of what resource we needed for every part of the ship. So...I made a thing. It's done in google sheet's because it's what I know best. I would like to get this moved to be a website instead, but unfortunately I don't know website design enough to do it, nor do I know enough about programming to make it into a program(if someone who has some knowledge could help me out, or point me in the right direction, that would be amazing). In any case, hare it is... 

Atlas Shipwright's Resource Calculator!

What it does:
- It will tell you how much of each resource you need to collect to build your ship from the ground up(not including the resources needed for the shipyard itself, cannon balls, or rope ladder's).
- It shows how much of each resource is needed for each part of the ship, as well as sails and cannons.
- It will also tell you how much TOTAL of each resource you need to craft all of the parts(including the sails and cannons).
- As well as show you how many sail points you're using with the sail sizes you've selected.

How to use it:
- Make sure to go to "File" then click on "Make a copy..." to be able to actively use it.
- Select what ship you want to build from the dropdown.
- Type in how many gunports you want.
- Type in how many ceilings you want.
- Type in how many of what size sails you want(each type of sail has the same recipe in there respective sizes. E.G. Small Speed Sails have the same recipe as Small Handling Sails)
- Type in how many of what size cannons you want.
- Check if you have the rigging already made or not.
- Go gather the TOTAL resources needed.
- Build your ship
- SAIL THE ATLAS!

Calculator: https://goo.gl/JEDgQx - No longer being updated.

If you have any questions, suggestions, or feedback, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Thank you and may the winds forever be at your backs!

Update: Updated the calculations for the decks. Realized it wasn't properly calculating according to how many decks the ship needed. As well as corrected an issue where it was throwing a "FALSE" error.

Update: Some minor fixes to some recipes using the wrong values. Current version is being adapted as a windows application, and will have updated values when released. Stay tuned, because it looks SEXY!

UPDATE: The spreadsheet is no longer being updated. The Shipwright's Calculator Windows App. has been released and is fully updated to the current version. All of the information is located here: 

Edited by Opt1kal

6 hours ago, madawin said:

Hello, is it up to date with the new ships costs?

Unfortunately not right now...I'm working on getting a local hosted server setup right now, as well, I'm working with someone to have it converted into a Windows App with A LOT cleaner of a UI.

It does still work, you'll just be gathering a little more resources. Hoping to have this local server setup and running before the update later today. I'll be updating the spreadsheet then, and will try to keep it as updated as possible until the windows app is finished.

EDIT: Just got the local server setup and went through all of the recipes and updated them. As per the latest server version. Also went back over the patch notes, the new ship costs aren't coming until today's update.

Edited by Opt1kal

On 1/7/2019 at 5:42 AM, Opt1kal said:

EDIT: Just got the local server setup and went through all of the recipes and updated them. As per the latest server version. Also went back over the patch notes, the new ship costs aren't coming until today's update.

Hiya! Have you got the new version up and running? I'm excited to try it out when designing / building a Brigantine. :classic_biggrin:

Is it maybe possible to add calculation options for our own number of ceilings as well as walls and doors? This could then be used, when you watch a ship build video for example, to be able to then add what they've done on screen to the total calculation of materials needed.

Thank you for this app!