Sign in to follow this  
Staceh

Claims - Dev Communication.

Hey All, 

There's obviously an issue with the Claims at the moment, has anyone seen any communication (LOL - yeah, I know right!) from the Dev team regarding this?

At the moment people are stealing, winding up, rage quitting and generally getting annoyed with losing their hard graft to people that have no lives and can sit online all day playing with their bits.

It'd be nice to hear something on this issue.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the devs ( Jesse Rapczak ) responds to people on Steam. He hasn't responded to any of these questions, and seems like the damage control guy, but it's more than we can say about any of the other devs.

This probably isn't a top evel issue to them because a fix would likely need a server wipe and reset of the game. They want to test other elements of their economy before they do that.

And they can't really come out and say that. People will stop playing until the wipe happens, ruining the ability to test.

3 minutes ago, Ankhwearer said:

This probably isn't a top evel issue to them because a fix would likely need a server wipe and reset of the game. They want to test other elements of their economy before they do that.

And they can't really come out and say that. People will stop playing until the wipe happens, ruining the ability to test.

So let them spend hundreds of hours and then wipe them?

That would make a huge number of players rage quit...  I don't think that's the case and it would make more sense from a testing viewpoint to tell everyone and boost the servers letting people brawl it out because everything is getting wiped. That's how it goes down on RUST servers.

Would have a much better idea how they system could handle stress and what's not working right.

8 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

So let them spend hundreds of hours and then wipe them?

That would make a huge number of players rage quit... 

If you bought an EA MMO made by WC/GS and you don't expect at least one wipe then congrats you played yourself.

• Haha 1

lost my claim over night while in middle of a ship build, unfinshed ship launched and rest my stuff gone.

8 minutes ago, Nari said:

If you bought an EA MMO made by WC/GS and you don't expect at least one wipe then congrats you played yourself.

They didn't wipe servers on Ark until they were about to launch.

27 minutes ago, Ankhwearer said:

the sooner they wipe the PVE servers the better. The more they wait the more people will get attached and as result get more mad. A complete wipe of the PVE servers would imo get  more poeple playing then people leaving.

I guess we've not been in an early access game that wiped the server. Did Ark launch as early access and then wipe for "official"? As far as claims go, they need to limit them based on company size. We are a 3 man company currently and wouldn't complain if we just had 2 or 3 flags.

2 hours ago, CoOpGamerCouple said:

I guess we've not been in an early access game that wiped the server. Did Ark launch as early access and then wipe for "official"? As far as claims go, they need to limit them based on company size. We are a 3 man company currently and wouldn't complain if we just had 2 or 3 flags.

They didn't wipe the servers per se...

They made all the old servers "Legacy" and started all new servers converting the legacy servers as they emptied out from people quitting or switching to the new populated servers.

8 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

They didn't wipe the servers per se...

They made all the old servers "Legacy" and started all new servers converting the legacy servers as they emptied out from people quitting or switching to the new populated servers.

I agree. I have never heard of any wipes on ark. Apparently nobody heard of legacy servers or played prior to arks release.

they tried to fix flags once ,all that is needed is for the damn things to refresh timer when in the claim area , can’t be that hard to fix can it ,they added 3 day decay timer so let’s get it refreshing and then that part of the problem goes away 

then if players are away for 3 land becomes available properly 

Edited by uli

Haven't seen any communication from the dev side, even if this is the major problem with the official PvE servers right now. The majority of people playing PvE are casual players, who don't play for 12 hours a day. The whole point with PvE is not having to worry about getting screwed over by others. I look forward to both claiming and taxes being modified or removed completely from official PvEs.

Taxes is fine, no problem with that, if you don't want to pay tax to the landowner, go elsewhere.

However, after a evening dealing with some serious stupid and playing whackamole on claim flags instead of working on my galleon, I give up, take the claims.

Very disappointed there's been no dev input anywhere on this.

15 minutes ago, Staceh said:

Taxes is fine, no problem with that, if you don't want to pay tax to the landowner, go elsewhere.

However, after a evening dealing with some serious stupid and playing whackamole on claim flags instead of working on my galleon, I give up, take the claims.

Very disappointed there's been no dev input anywhere on this.

No, they go hand-in-hand. Taxes is a part of the problem, and also one of the reasons people are claiming ridiculously large areas. As long as there is no con of having more claims, there is no reason for people to limit their claims. You could easily counter this by decreasing the contesting timer the more claims a company has. Then it's up to the company to decide how many they can afford having.