Sign in to follow this  
Ferron_Arrumekan

Breeding and Baby Raising

So it seems as the breeding system works, and the baby system works.. BUT, we are running into a MASSIVE road block. We bred a baby bear and we're sitting here, with 3 different types of food in it's inventory... It's health is dropping faster than it is going up. Like, unless I force feed it, IT WILL DIE. I understand how the breeding system in Ark works. The baby would stay at stupidly low health that would gradually increase as it matures. This is not happening. The bear WILL DIE if I don't force feed it meat.

What the hell is wrong with this? Am I doing something wrong? Again, I know it's hp is supposed to be stupid low. When it popped out, it had like.. I dunno, 15-20 hp, somewhere in that range. It keeps dropping down to 5, then starts dipping into 4. That's when I start force feeding it to keep it from dying. I have no idea what's going wrong with this. This is more needy than an actual baby. Wtf.

After the bear got to 3.5% maturation, it started functioning normally. Its health was maintaining itself.. But after another 10 minutes of it seemingly working fine, it stopped working and the baby bear died. 😕

This used to happen in Ark at times as well.  If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the food stat being too low or something like that.  Out of curiosity, what level was the baby?

Edit: Sometimes server lag caused animals not to eat as well.

Edited by Caveat

4 minutes ago, Caveat said:

This used to happen in Ark at times as well.  If I remember correctly, it had something to do with the food stat being too low or something like that.  Out of curiosity, what level was the baby?

Edit: Sometimes server lag caused animals not to eat as well.

Baby popped out at level 32. Shame that it died. Had pretty solid base stats. Was really wanting to see what it would do with imprinting. Imprinting was available every 8 hours, the gestation period was 4 hours and the breeding interval is 1 day, 12 hours

Edit : It was eating. It's eating just was NOT keeping up with it. It reached 3.5% maturation, then started working normally.. Then 10 minutes later, it stopped working properly and it died. 😕

Edited by Ferron_Arrumekan

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tempest said:

- Rallying Cry, perhaps or is that mounted only?

- what about the Medicine skill tree?

Sadly not specced into the medicine skill tree. I tried out the medkits and they are.. Not really that good, plus it says that they can only be used on other players

As for rallying cry, you can only use it while on the helm on a boat >.<

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Tempest said:

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Tempest said:

Whoops..I meant Nature's Cry, in the Bestiality tree.  Sorry for confusion.

Natures Cry - only when mounted is it usable 😕 Also I chuckled, Bestiality XD

Oops... words are hard, pre-caffeine.

Maybe teperature was at play? Egg incubation in Ark it was a big deal, but I don't recall it being a factor in new borns/hatchlings.  

1 minute ago, Whiskey Tempest said:

Oops... words are hard, pre-caffeine.

Maybe teperature was at play? Egg incubation in Ark it was a big deal, but I don't recall it being a factor in new borns/hatchlings.  

Doubtful. Temperature was super comfy the entire time

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ferron_Arrumekan said:

After the bear got to 3.5% maturation, it started functioning normally. Its health was maintaining itself.. But after another 10 minutes of it seemingly working fine, it stopped working and the baby bear died. 😕

😞 F for the bear 

I've recently popped out a baby horse and the problem I'm coming across is it is effected by heatwaves. When the temperature becomes hot it starts to lose health.. I  dont know what to do to counter this, its indoors but to no help. Any ideas?

Edit: When its too hot it has an icon above its head that looks like a desert island.

Edited by Rinny Kendrick

We have experienced this, however we have been able to identify it as temperatures. Bears for instance can be in a temp zone of 7c-16c approx and so I'm sure all have a small window of ideal temp.

yep temperatures will kill the babies, it gets cold I can light a fire to warm it up, it gets hot not a thing I can find to do about that yet. Took my baby bear for a swim in the ocean since that cools us down when we are hot, Baby still had the flashing sign over its head. =(

Cant go into breeding here with thinking its ark. You have to keep it in right temperature whole time or atleast most of it and it starts eating from through after like 30% maturation. Breeding in cold regions helps alot since u can warm up room with multiple fires but cant do the opposite. For bear its about 15 hours till the 30%. Breeding in Atlas is pain in the ass same as the taming.

less than 6 dtgrees - cold for baby bear, minus health. Could help some campfires. But every 2 degrees under +6 - need 1-2 campfires. And if there will be a cold front outside, where temperature may be -50 and even -80 - your baby-bear will dye, cause i have no idea, how many campfires you must have to heat him.

More than +20 dergees - overheat, minus health. And again i have no idea how to cool a baby-bear. I tried to put him in the ocean, tried to pour water from the bucket, opened windows and doors to create a draft. I even tried to cut the bear with scissors! Nothing worked, and our little bear died from overheating -_-

5 minutes ago, Gfnjr said:

We need the damn Air Conditioners from Ark Grapeshot......LUL

Go tame some penguins, the give insulation buffs much like the AC's did in Ark.  Should help for the temp issues people have been having.  Now I am not sure exactly how many penguins are needed or how much they actually do per penguin.

1 hour ago, iLL said:

Go tame some penguins, the give insulation buffs much like the AC's did in Ark.  Should help for the temp issues people have been having.  Now I am not sure exactly how many penguins are needed or how much they actually do per penguin.

I am pretty sure that it depends on the level of the penguin.

2 hours ago, iLL said:

And what about overheat?

1 hour ago, kpc said:

I am pretty sure that it depends on the level of the penguin.

I have seen the radius is really small, so probably have to keep them really close.  I haven't had the chance to actually test it all out but I plan on doing so.

7 minutes ago, DeBruns said:

i have 4 penguins but they diddnt give a buff or insulation . do i something wrong?

Penguins provide a hypothermic buff and hyperthermic debuff in a very small area around them - wiki info. Maybe this area is VEEEEEEEEEEERY small?..

On 1/3/2019 at 12:51 AM, Ferron_Arrumekan said:

"This is not happening. The bear WILL DIE if I don't force feed it meat".

This right here is your issue.. bears are herbivores feed it chillies or other vegtables...