Sign in to follow this  
BigDally

Wind Direction Different in Each Grid

I have noticed on my private 2x2 server that every time I change grids the wind is in a different (usually opposing) direction.  I have never noticed this on officials as the wind would always be blowing the same direction between the grid I just left and the grid I just entered.  Is there a fix for this, or a way to synch the wind direction between all the active grids?

Same thing was happening on my map.  Additionally when crossing server boundaries the time of day and the days since start were different.  My bUseUTCTime was false.  I switched to "bUseUTCTime": true and times became synchronized.  In the two times that I've crossed boundaries since the fix I've noticed that the wind has been the same - it was like yours before the change.

• Like 1

Do you know if that UTCtime changes the length of day/night? I normally have a slow day, very fast night. (I hate night in games. Despise it. Having a dark stream is horrible for all, LOL)

1 hour ago, aezephyr said:

Same thing was happening on my map.  Additionally when crossing server boundaries the time of day and the days since start were different.  My bUseUTCTime was false.  I switched to "bUseUTCTime": true and times became synchronized.  In the two times that I've crossed boundaries since the fix I've noticed that the wind has been the same - it was like yours before the change.

Yeah I unchecked that box when I edited my json project in order to show the correct local time format.  So you are saying if I load this project back into the grid editor, check that box and re-export it should fix my wind direction mismatch issue?  Thank you very much for this info btw, very helpful. 🙂

Edited by BigDally

23 hours ago, aezephyr said:

To follow up, I "re-checked" the "Use UTC Time" setting in my project and re-exported the jsons.  Now when I cross between grids the wind direction is the same.  Thanks for the tip!

image.png.dc402ce78e49ff2e3b2fa658be821ed4.png

• Like 1