DeepSeaDuo

Don't get anything from bottles :-(

On 1/3/2019 at 2:56 PM, thegoob said:

Interestingly there's an admin command that gives you treasure maps, if I want a map above quality 2.5 say 10 I have to enter the command maybe 50 times before it will give me one quality 10 map.

What command are you using to spawn maps? I cant pick up any bottles above QL 2.5 so I wanted to spawn some in, I've tried using "cheat gfi TreasureMap 1 10 0" which spawns a map in but its blank

2 hours ago, Rob Blackbeard said:

What command are you using to spawn maps? I cant pick up any bottles above QL 2.5 so I wanted to spawn some in, I've tried using "cheat gfi TreasureMap 1 10 0" which spawns a map in but its blank

its either cheat givetreasuremap 2.5 or cheat givetreasuremaps 2.5 I can't remember if there's an s in there or not :classic_tongue:

obviously you just replace the 2.5 with whatever you want. If you are having trouble with the bottles then chances are you will have to enter the codes multiple times (more times depending on how many nodes you have in total on your server).

Edited by thegoob

10 hours ago, thegoob said:

its either cheat givetreasuremap 2.5 or cheat givetreasuremaps 2.5 I can't remember if there's an s in there or not :classic_tongue:

obviously you just replace the 2.5 with whatever you want. If you are having trouble with the bottles then chances are you will have to enter the codes multiple times (more times depending on how many nodes you have in total on your server).

Thanks, It was givetreasuremap no s. Does seem to be a problem with the nodes being offline, with A4-A6 up i could spawn 3.9 but no higher no matter how many times i tried the command and when I just had A6 up the highest I could spawn was 3.1. Still made it a bit easier to spawn the max for freeport and do enough to get a couple of thousand gold so we don't have to worry about our crew for a while.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:26 AM, Rob Blackbeard said:

Thanks, It was givetreasuremap no s. Does seem to be a problem with the nodes being offline, with A4-A6 up i could spawn 3.9 but no higher no matter how many times i tried the command and when I just had A6 up the highest I could spawn was 3.1. Still made it a bit easier to spawn the max for freeport and do enough to get a couple of thousand gold so we don't have to worry about our crew for a while.

I made a 2x1 test server, both were online and i still got empty bottles (most of the time it was high QL bottles).

How is it working on officials servers?

3 hours ago, Kaldren021 said:

I made a 2x1 test server, both were online and i still got empty bottles (most of the time it was high QL bottles).

How is it working on officials servers?

From what I have been able to work out it's one of three issues. 

1) The map has not been set up properly, this is easily checked by looking at the whole atlas map and making sure it represents what you are expecting it to.

2) The node the map wants to generate is offline. For small servers this means that the chances of still being able to pick up a successful bottle will be relatively okay, but on a larger map such as the 15x15 you have a very small chance. 

3) The nodes can't communicate with one another. This means that you can have all the nodes online and still be unable to get anything from the bottles as the node the map wants to generate for can't be reached, this is a similar issue to number 2. 

Bad news is if everything is set up properly then I can't really see a easy fix, it seems as if the way the game generates maps would need to be changed. Perhaps if there was a way to contact the developers we could try and have it changed, or when the mod tools are released it might allow us to change the generation procedure ourselves. I'm still doing some poking around but I really think I've hit a dead end for now.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 5:24 PM, cpspok said:

1. Have all players delete the local map cache on their systems here: steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache.  They can safely delete all folders if they are playing on multiple servers as the maps will be re-downloaded if they don't exist.  This is necessary to ensure your updated map image is downloaded properly.

Interestingly enough I dont have this on my client side.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, Arual said:

Have all players delete the local map cache on their systems here: steamapps\common\ATLAS\ShooterGame\Saved\MapImagesCache.  They can safely delete all folders if they are playing on multiple servers as the maps will be re-downloaded if they don't exist.  This is necessary to ensure your updated map image is downloaded properly.

I agree with this.

For us, the problem was caused by us having an active server in January. It got turned off for a couple of months. With the update Mega out, we chose to recreate our map from a 2x2 to a 3x3, designed a new grid map but used the same server ID number. Anyone who had played on our server before never got anything from bottles, new players did every time.

I also noticed that the game had also started to use a folder named NewMapImagesCache even though the old folder MapImagesCache was still there, just no longer in use.

Anyhow, resolved this issue by deleting all folders in both of the MapImagesCache & NewMapImagesCache folders (folders had numbers like 222111333) and relogging into the game, the current map was then correctly downloaded and the bottles started giving us maps again.