Sign in to follow this  
MagicPuncher

How to make crew repair ship

My ship is anchored, I have a Ship Resource Box full of wood, fiber, thatch, etc, and I have a crew member on board. How do I make him repair my ship?

just anchor and have repair materials in your ressource chest. Crew member without jobs will start to sweep.

unseat them and make sure they not moving-following, they should go into a sweep emote and they will repair the ship as long resources are available  , just be careful when crocs and such around as they tend to draw them and get killed fast

If you have multiple crew on a ship I recommend you only unseat one Crew member, have them set to no follow and I usually set there aggression to Neutral so they don't try to run off the ship to attack something.  They repair very slowly but its very effective to top off a ship or help with the occasional wolf that chomps on the bottom of the boat.

With all of the material onboard idle crewmembers are not repairing the ship. They go into the sweeping animation when anchored, but nothing is being fixed. Is that really all you need to do?

Thanks for all the info on the crew. We haven't hired anyone yet but we are noticing that our ship is constantly needing repair.   I didn't know that a croc or any animal would just randomly come along and start chomping. We might need to think about heading back to Freeport and hiring some help.

soo, I have 10 crew on my brig and they just stand there cheering at me, they don't even do the sweeping animation.  I give one a repair hammer and he still just stands there, doesn't even try repairing the ship.  Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong?  Any help is appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Zadira said:

Thanks for all the info on the crew. We haven't hired anyone yet but we are noticing that our ship is constantly needing repair.   I didn't know that a croc or any animal would just randomly come along and start chomping. We might need to think about heading back to Freeport and hiring some help.

You can also get crew by sinking ghost ships, the green ones arent that hard to sink.

you also need ship resource box, and fill it what you need to repair, as the ai-npc slowly drains it , so if its empty of repair stuff , no auto 🙂

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, archaegeo said:

You can also get crew by sinking ghost ships, the green ones arent that hard to sink.

Yep ... exactly the one that sunk my 14 canon full crewed Schooner in 1 minute :3

But i dunno we sunk them too, so it's ok ? Wait no !! It took 5 hours to grind for the gold/schooner materials, damn.

EDIT : This game's totaly ARK with some pirate shit on it.

Edited by HANABI

2 hours ago, Zadira said:

Ships constanlty "take damage", which is to say that they wear out. It happens especially fast in a freeport (my sloop lasts about 12 hours before it will sink if not repaired), but even in your own territory it's health is always slowly going down.

2 hours ago, Maleqai Rathmore said:

soo, I have 10 crew on my brig and they just stand there cheering at me, they don't even do the sweeping animation.  I give one a repair hammer and he still just stands there, doesn't even try repairing the ship.  Is this a bug or am I just doing something wrong?  Any help is appreciated.

I'm in the same situation. Got the resource chest full of resources, I set them to unfollow, not assigned to do anything, and they just stand there waving/cheering over and over.

It seems you need the resource chest full, idle crew on the deck sweeping, at anchor, not in a freeport for them to repair. But when they do, it's fast, it seems to go plank by plank and instantly pop them back up to full health.

18 minutes ago, strawman said:

It seems you need the resource chest full, idle crew on the deck sweeping, at anchor, not in a freeport for them to repair. But when they do, it's fast, it seems to go plank by plank and instantly pop them back up to full health.

Aaaahhhh. That could be it. I am currently in a freeport.

Can automatic crew repair be used in freeports to extend the 8 hour ship decay timer ?

duno, we have 5 crew members and all placed on positions (so no sweeping around) and they constantly use all our materials from the resource box. repairs are also instantly to full and they mostly do 5 planks at a time, 30 sec. later the next set of 5 planks. only time they didn´t repair was when not enough resources were in the box. 

I lost 12 crew last night while sleeping, they didn't even fight once, made one trip from freeport to the next zone... I had enough gold in the box i double checked it, but somehow they seam to have spent a lot more, only 2 stayed because they had a few coins in their inventory... Also my 2 crews on sail are clipping in the boat, probably because they were on a sloop before, then i transferred them into my shooner, now they clip in the lower deck. Fuck me now i have to return in these buggy mess that are freeports and spend 60 gold for nothing.

My only explanation is that the server rolled back at one point or something, or they need more gold than what the ui show

Edited by ExplodingYeti