Got on earlier this morning to woek on a few things log off for a couple hours and when i came back not even 3 hours later half of our claims had been taken by randos from another sector. We provided a service to the region by leasing land and using taxed rss to pay for brigs to kill SODs in the region keeping everyone safer.  Its insane that we lost our flags on a 3 day system in three hours.  We even replaced them to keep them refreshed and on a 3 day timer. Oh well now they dont get to have any resources as we have blocked all respawns on the island with fresh flags and buoys  Figure out a flag system for pve and keep it seperate from the pvp flag system. 

-Leader of ChronicallyRavingCo. Now DamnedTemplars

So in other words you're an ass hole for abusing glitches to fuck people over? I think you deserve what happened to you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Lots wrong with the claim system 

Edited by Caps

The current claim system is complete rubbish. I hate to say it but the Ark land claim system was a bit more forgivable then whatever this monstrosity is.

• Like 1

For what being pissed that they took our land under a broken system the areas we use to control are now barren with what little we have left walled off.  Besides we didnt use the no respawn effect on them till they used the we are gonna steal all your stuff glitch on us

Itll be removed when they leave and we get our land back tilk then itll remain barren and desolate of any vital resources making them travel for it.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Raving Templarson said:

For what being pissed that they took our land under a broken system the areas we use to control are now barren with what little we have left walled off.  Besides we didnt use the no respawn effect on them till they used the we are gonna steal all your stuff glitch on us

Itll be removed when they leave and we get our land back tilk then itll remain barren and desolate of any vital resources making them travel for it.

If I were them I'd probably report you. What do you need so much land for any way? This is PvE. Jesus

6 minutes ago, Psykonalle said:

If I were them I'd probably report you. What do you need so much land for any way? This is PvE. Jesus

There's no way to report. They openly admit to it in the official forums and * crickets *

• Like 1

Because the other island in the region had already filled up and became so cluttered nothing was spawning in addition to having no metal.  It was in agreement in this area no taxes would be set and the huge amount of iron that spawned in the claim would be protected and forest for ships. And yah its a bug and they need to fix it the chinese openly dupe and hack on their livestreams and grapeshit havent done diddly squat to stop it.

10 minutes ago, Psykonalle said:

Besides again its who did who wrong first they abused a claim land bug which then leads to us denying them resources neither one of us have control over what the other does sounds shitty doesnt it.

At least in PVP id be able to blow them up

we had one run straight up to our base, set claim flag and sitting there, also tested with having one in company leave, he can place flags right outside the base where it supposed to be protected so yeah now its a watch the flag game as you now need people on 24/7 to protect your lands 😞

1 hour ago, Raving Templarson said:

Because the other island in the region had already filled up and became so cluttered nothing was spawning in addition to having no metal.  It was in agreement in this area no taxes would be set and the huge amount of iron that spawned in the claim would be protected and forest for ships. And yah its a bug and they need to fix it the chinese openly dupe and hack on their livestreams and grapeshit havent done diddly squat to stop it.

Besides again its who did who wrong first they abused a claim land bug which then leads to us denying them resources neither one of us have control over what the other does sounds shitty doesnt it.

At least in PVP id be able to blow them up

A. Go play on pvp then.

B. Don’t take soo much land that you can’t place ppl in it to hold it.

if you have 25 claims and you have 25 members who build and hold the land then you prob wouldn’t lose any. You def had way more land than you needed.

People are claiming the land you are not using and you are being a child by exploiting bugs to grief them. 

The system needs to be more transparent I agree, it is not bugged. It is the only way anyone can get land from ppl like you who went out there on the 1st day and took a whole island on your own. No one else can have any land because you take more than what you need.

Either way I see it you are exploiting. They are just trying to play.

• Like 5

MSCARN you do know you can place a flag-claim smack outside someones base and take over their stuff ? even when people are around

35 minutes ago, Mahakmar said:

MSCARN you do know you can place a flag-claim smack outside someones base and take over their stuff ? even when people are around

Yes but as long as you are on base the timer would not go down. The person essentially waste your time and theirs because they will never claim ur land when you are on it even if they put a flag down.

i have one claim and when ppl do try to steal it I just hang out at my base build shit on it till they leave then I fast travel back to my ship. Most people aren’t here to grief you. They want to see if this is used land and if it is they move on.

9 out of 10 if you have building on the land they don’t even bother.

But because he lost some land that he couldn’t possibly hold anyway he is calling this a claim bug and using exploit to grief others? I don’t see that as an appropriate action.

• Like 1

don't claim more then you can handle. You are the reason so many needs to abuse a bug to get a place to settle down. 
Greed always comes around to bite you in the ass 😉

So by your logic people should always sleep/offline to avoid people claiming their land, ooh wait you can still take the land while they are on it by overlapping just outside it will reach the entire building and items in it.

Obviously not working as intented, they been way quiet about this and we' need a 1 claim per person limit that can never be taken/overlapped on pve, period.

Edited by Thulen

2 minutes ago, Thulen said:

[...] Obviously not working as intended [...]

Or is it?

The complete lack of any statement at all from anybody that works for Grapeshot, Wildcard, or Snail speaks volumes.

• Like 1

you people are ridiculous. the flag system is supposed to be, IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR TRIBE ARE OFFLINE FOR 3 DAYS, YOUR FLAG CAN BE CONTESTED.

The fact that flags can be stolen from ACTIVE people is an exploit.

Chinese companies OR trolls pretending to be Chinese are literally just going from island to island throwing down ANY claim flags they can. I have been okay with so much bull shit, but unlike Ark this is an actual MMO with a NON-VIABLE unofficial server system. If they don't do something about it, they are going to lose this game fast.

55 minutes ago, deadscvm said:

you people are ridiculous. the flag system is supposed to be, IF YOU OR ANYONE IN YOUR TRIBE ARE OFFLINE FOR 3 DAYS, YOUR FLAG CAN BE CONTESTED.

The fact that flags can be stolen from ACTIVE people is an exploit.

Chinese companies OR trolls pretending to be Chinese are literally just going from island to island throwing down ANY claim flags they can. I have been okay with so much bull shit, but unlike Ark this is an actual MMO with a NON-VIABLE unofficial server system. If they don't do something about it, they are going to lose this game fast.

The flag system makes absolutely no sense on a PvE server. The 3 day thing only seems to work for the really big companies.

2 minutes ago, MindOfMadness said:

The flag system makes absolutely no sense on a PvE server. The 3 day thing only seems to work for the really big companies.

whats happening is the 3 day timer doesnt reset when you come online. Therefore after 3 days, if nobody from the company is in the flag its considered inactive. Its ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, deadscvm said:

whats happening is the 3 day timer doesnt reset when you come online. Therefore after 3 days, if nobody from the company is in the flag its considered inactive. Its ridiculous.

There's reports of people standing on their flag and someone still claiming it...

Just now, MindOfMadness said:

There's reports of people standing on their flag and someone still claiming it...

those people probably did something weird, our 2 flags that overlap over our base where we sleep have been completely unaffected. 

I get your protest. Im sure they will eventually hear you. But youll end up losing as well for going about it the wrong way. Our company was lucky to find land in the tundra and we were playing since day one. Land got taken up quick. You could of easily given up some. Not everybody wants to be managed by another company. To have their land leased and taxed....

This is why I am trying renting my own server. I want to play PVE not work for someone else. I will be testing tonight 

45 minutes ago, JustShootMe said:

I want to play PVE not work for someone else.  

This mentality always strikes me as odd.  Working with people is not the same thing as working for people.

Example: while taming, one of my company mates ran out of food and I ran some over to him.  It took literally maybe 2 minutes out of my day.  I didn't have to.  And he probably would have lost his tame (or at least a good part of it) if he had to do it himself.  What did I lose in the process?  Nothing.  In fact, I have a comrade who would do the same for me.  Hours later, he and I climbed to the top of a mountain to go treasure hunting.  It was my request and he agreed to help.  We both died at least once during the process and without the other, we would have lost all the gear we had.  Because we worked together, we both came out ahead.

Moral of the story: working with people is not the same as working for people and can be mutually beneficial.

Often when people say "I don't want to work for someone else" I think it actually means they are hesitant to overcome their discomfort with meeting new people.  Even in our small group, I was hesitant to ask them if I could join them on the same island and join their company, but when I finally asked, they said yes, and I haven't regretted it at all.

Yeah, some jerks will be jerks and make your life difficult.  But there are also a lot of good people (just like you!) that would love to have another set of hands and another set of eyes, and someone to watch their back (even in PVE... damn wolves!).  But you'll never find them unless you start trying to talk to them.  And if it turns out they're jerks, just cut your losses and move on.  You'll find a good group eventually

Edited by Domino