zeeya7

claims SUGGESTIONS FOR DEVS: ABOUT CLAIMING SYSTEM.

Hi Atlas Dev.

I have some suggestion for claiming system.

1. Spamming flag everywhere

Trouble: for new comer will have hard time to claim territory because all island fully claimed.

suggestion: Once a company created. Owner will receive 1 or 2 claim flag. If you want more claim flag. you need to go freeport to buy another claim flag with gold.

2. Flag protection

Trouble: Some people lost they claim when they gone offline.

Suggestion: Player need use gold to buy protection via flag for couple hours to prevent they territory got claim. 

3. Inactive territory

Trouble: (PVE Server) I found an inactive territory but sadly i cannot take over they territory because there is 1 sleeping player that has 4hp n never die. 

Suggestion: 

i - if player inactive for long time like 1 week real time. New player can kill the inactive player.

ii - Sleeping player can die cause of thirst / hungry

iii - (addition from no.2 suggestion) Other player can stole territory when flag protection is expired. can only be contested when territory owner online in the area. Sleeping player cannot contest the claim.

Edited by zeeya7

all bad, and i can already see how they would be abused big time. A simpler solution is 1 claim per tribe. with islands already having pre determined shore area plots that are claimable leaving the inside of islands NON claimable.

And/or 1 claim per company+1 claim every 4 players added. Merger causing the loss of claims reset to the correct number to avoid abuse.

I have a better solution to claims... rather than setting a limit just use the contest mechanism..... so you currently get a few days to deny a claim contest.... this timer is scaled down based on the number of overall claims. This is the same for individuals/solo players and as a company. As clans grow naturally they will need more space/satellite bases so based on their size their contest timer can be offset based on this but will never exceed the maximum timer that existed if everything was within a single claim. 

I think this addresses a lot of the current issues with claim terrain because it makes it completely unmanageable for companies to claim beyond their size and actually hold it. They will have to be more strategic with their claims. It rewards companies for growing whilst not actually punishing the little guys.

Let's break this down with a few spit-balled numbers to add a little more clarity.....

Let's say a single claim contest takes 10 days. If the player/company has 2 claims then this timer would be reduced to 7 days.... 3 claims then reduced to 3 days. 4 claims then 1 day.... etc and beyond that it gets pretty minuscule. Now for the offset..... if a the "company" is 2-5 players and has 1 claim the contest time remains 10 days but if they have 2 claims then the reduction scales a little to something like 8.5 days. if balanced out the offset could be completely balanced to the point where companies can still own multiple claims and have no duration penalty but cannot own the entire map in their block and/or neighboring maps.

Edited by y0_

I think we need something different. Would be keen to hear feedback on this. 

That's great for PVP however doesnt really work for PVE.

it needs  a maximum amount of players in a guild and maximum guilds in an alliance. the flags needs to cost upkeeps and like Y0_ mentioned perhaps the more flags you put the less time it will take to steel the territory.  anything is better then what it is now.. zergs are building retarded amount of walls in the water making the server so damn lagy the servers wont keep up.upkeep of buildings needs to be higher the more props you add in your territory  the more it cost .  this aint ark and rust where maps gets wiped every 2 weeks you want to make sure it's not abused .

Edited by TwistedEndz

Feel free put your suggestion and hope the developer read this and do something with claim territory system..

Edited by zeeya7

The best way to fix this problem is to make it so a player can only have one flag this way not all the land is claimed by one person. The larger clans can pool together to claim an island. I think this way we could have small towns and large city's to visit and it would be more fair to the small groups.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smilekill said:

The best way to fix this problem is to make it so a player can only have one flag this way not all the land is claimed by one person. The larger clans can pool together to claim an island. I think this way we could have small towns and large city's to visit and it would be more fair to the small groups.

You realize there are more than ten clans that have 500+ people. The mega clans wouldn't even be slowed down. Especially the Chinese. We need upkeep (hyperlink).

4 hours ago, TheSzerdi said:

You realize there are more than ten clans that have 500+ people. The mega clans wouldn't even be slowed down. Especially the Chinese. We need upkeep (hyperlink).

500 ?  That Does seem excessive.

Suggestions:

Limits on the number of people that can be in a clan? (I'm sure that's not a new idea !)

Limit the amount of builds on any parcel of land,  

Adding a way to give building/usage permissions to allies. 

And of course,

I support the idea of a Limit the number of claims of any one person (particularly on PVE) Maybe start with 2 and add an upkeep cost with gold -- you could go 2-3 weeks out with the payment,  Make crafting a new claim something with high mat cost.  But seriously the idea that 500 clan members with unlimited claim flags is just stupid.  What new player could ever find a space at that rate. 

The only other solution would be to create instances of each server, with a clan only able to exist on a single instance at a time and not be able to change over without forfeiting their claims. At least, as far as I can see, separate instances of entire servers would allow for double, triple, quadruple, etc. the number of people that can play the game without completely shrinking the land availability.