Sign in to follow this  
Ducki

Monstrous whale... OK!!!!!!!

Ok, so monstrous whale can aggro your anchored ships... what is the point of gathering resources for a ship many hours just so it can sink while you're offline? It takes way too long to build a ship compared to how easily you can lose it. First ships of the damned and now god damn whales? what's next?

image.png.dd8a5303c6108599a0db458ba816c1df.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Surprised a whale got that far into shallows!

One of those son of a guns was swimming on an island.. I would love to see the peoples faces who got killed by it inside their own base ON land 😄 

• Haha 1

These god damned whales need a to be fixed. As if going zigzag in and out of ghosts ships that clusters together spawning out of nowhere or lay in ambush at zone borders, is not tedius enough. You then have these whales that just locks on your boat from miles away and hunts you down. We lost several ships to these things. The latest incident was bringing back a large amount of farmed materials on a raft. It popped up, locked on from miles away, no out running it and it just smashed everything to bits. All those countless hours down the drain. They really gotta do something about all these tarded mosters/ships they are so broken.

Whales have no restriction like SoDs to not get near the shores, so they sometimes are found near the shore... swimming against the island...swimming on top of hills on the island. Srslly, 2 days ago had path blocked off by a whale and before that wind change , going arround it would make us go against the wind so can't do that. It was behind a tiny islandy part next to the main island, those were separated by a tiny river like part of ocean so decided will go there..., the whale tried to chase by swimming on top of that tiny island but got past it thankfuly. Last days seen few such situations, even seen yesterday a shipwreck with a whale swimming on top of it and sometimes trying to climb the island.

Edited by Nightstrasza
  • Haha 1

I had less then this,simply snake spawned inside my base and killed all the chickens.

Other people had giant snakes spawn inside their house..

Clearly a problem with spawning.

I built a Sloop after the previous one was sunk in a failed experiment. Was sailing it a couple zones away for some resources, was nearly there got sunk by a damn whale.

Spawn back home, mostly had materials ready to go, just collect a bit more fibre and another Sloop on the way......and sunk by a whale.

I haven't tried a third time yet. 

Let's not have anything dangerous in the game, let's remove all the tension and anxiety and sense of loss. Let's make gaming a boring challengeless experience. 

I sailed for 5 hours on a raft to bring salt back for my company, I dodged storms ships of the dead and I was destroyed in sight of my goal. 

The next morning I woke up and went back and did it all over again and made it safely into port with 1500 salt on board. 

That sense of achievement was worth it.

Needless to say whales on land or water too shallow to hold them needs to be fixed. 

You are of course fully entitled to argue for the kind of game you want, I respect that. I don't respect easy mode gamers. 

5 hours ago, Badkebab said:

Let's not have anything dangerous in the game, let's remove all the tension and anxiety and sense of loss. Let's make gaming a boring challengeless experience. 

I sailed for 5 hours on a raft to bring salt back for my company, I dodged storms ships of the dead and I was destroyed in sight of my goal. 

The next morning I woke up and went back and did it all over again and made it safely into port with 1500 salt on board. 

That sense of achievement was worth it.

Needless to say whales on land or water too shallow to hold them needs to be fixed. 

You are of course fully entitled to argue for the kind of game you want, I respect that. I don't respect easy mode gamers. 

The whales are fine (as long as they don't one-shot or something, would prefer them to deal damage to ships, not make them flying), but they simply have no restriction from shores like SoDs, as said above, they literaly can swim on top of islands and they don't take damage from that not to mention that's absurdal. They also agro on docked ships bcs of no restrictions.

Just now, archaegeo said:

desMehdi was taking them out last night on a sloop with 2 crossbow spear launchers.

He also lost a brig lvl 40 that aparently was destroyed in 1 hit so there is that.