Stid

I'm done for now ...

After several issues I finaly managed to settle up on an island lightly on the south , but what a disaster , even in PVE this game is totaly unbalanced , I had a wood building with storages filled with ressources , a bed to respawn , some gold coins , some blueprints , songs , etc ... 

ALL GONE IN A FEW MINUTES !!

Just because the aggro on the animals and damages are way too high , they just destroyed everything that could help me to recontruct or to repair ...

Even when I tryed to pull them away they just return and continue on their destruction .

I'm done with this game until they do a proper balancing on the predators and modification of their aggro !

But as they listen to their community it will take ages if it happen ...

20190102000020_1.jpg

20190102001327_1.jpg

I'll add my feedback to yours and hope something gets done about it.

After 2 days of sailing, the only small piece of land I could find was infested with crocodiles and snakes. Since it took me a very long time to finally find a place to settle, I decided to stay and fight, but it just never stops. Most of the time I can't even dodge the crocodiles because they are sprinting everywhere chasing birds on my shore.

Today when I logged in, I discovered that while I was sleeping, crocodiles had eaten 2 of my wood walls and 4 floor tiles which had on it a large storage box with my most valuable belongings as well as my sleeping character which, since it had no floor anymore, happened to be dead at sea somehow (I don't know if someone could have contested my land while this happened on a PVE server, I hope not).

So to me it is very much a problem that :

1 - Crocodiles attacks are just huge and touch most of the time about 4 structures per bite including if I'm not mistaken, structures on the other side of a wall.

2 - Wild life should absolutely not be so obsessed with attacking structures, except if the creature is attacked by the player, and assuming that the player has closed all way in, the creature should after some time just give up and reset.

3 - There is clearly something wrong with either the aggro that the creature has towards structures, or maybe pathfinding since I've experienced many times that  during a bow fight with a crocodile  near my house, the creature would just start attacking my structures if the structure was closer to it than I was, or if I was outside of my house but around a corner.

4 - The clipping and hitboxes are unbearable, I can't get near a passive elephant without teleporting all around it and get stuck. The same problem does exist with all the creatures, even when they are dead (it's very frustrating to even try to get my arrows back from a dead crocodile..)

• Like 1

Creatures detect players through solid walls and aggro... attacking structures until they are destroyed. They can reach through walls and damage things. Totally unacceptable that this issue remains a problem in modern gaming.
Creatures seem literally drawn to shipyards, even when no players are nearby... causing them to swarm around the structures and become very difficult and expensive to deal with.
Extremely low level base creatures can quickly kill high level players, they respawn very quickly and in large populations. This doesn't feel like a challenge, it feels like you are simply being punished. Hitboxes for some creatures, e.g. Giant Snakes, are horribly small and glitchy. Sometimes I can fire 10-12 arrows directly into the snout of a giant snake and it takes almost no damage, even if I see blood decals and flashing health bar, both of which indicate that my arrow hit. I am not talking about ALPHA creatures... but a regular Level 2 Giant Snake. It is just nuts. 
Creatures regen instantly to full health after taking damage if anywhere near a corpse... you waste your time even attacking them sometimes. 
Eating a corpse to gain health regen is a decent mechanic, but the rate is just ridiculous, and the corpse doesn't even go away much of the time... the creature just circles endlessly and cannot be damaged.
Aggro range on many creatures are just crazy.

15 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Screw wolves. Saying it from own experience.

the wolfs are insane, i was writing a message on my flag, and there spawn one just behind me, boom, dead 😛

or you stand in your house, and you get trown away in to the wall 3 blocks away. looking backwards see a wolfs head thru the building. (yes, i was so stupid to make windows in my buiding. so now they even attack me when i am inside :P, but comeon, what is a house without windows 😛 )

4 minutes ago, Orv Williams said:

Creatures detect players through solid walls and aggro... attacking structures until they are destroyed. They can reach through walls and damage things. Totally unacceptable that this issue remains a problem in modern gaming.
Creatures seem literally drawn to shipyards, even when no players are nearby... causing them to swarm around the structures and become very difficult and expensive to deal with.
Extremely low level base creatures can quickly kill high level players, they respawn very quickly and in large populations. This doesn't feel like a challenge, it feels like you are simply being punished. Hitboxes for some creatures, e.g. Giant Snakes, are horribly small and glitchy. Sometimes I can fire 10-12 arrows directly into the snout of a giant snake and it takes almost no damage, even if I see blood decals and flashing health bar, both of which indicate that my arrow hit. I am not talking about ALPHA creatures... but a regular Level 2 Giant Snake. It is just nuts. 
Creatures regen instantly to full health after taking damage if anywhere near a corpse... you waste your time even attacking them sometimes. 
Eating a corpse to gain health regen is a decent mechanic, but the rate is just ridiculous, and the corpse doesn't even go away much of the time... the creature just circles endlessly and cannot be damaged.
Aggro range on many creatures are just crazy.

Do animals spawn in claimed regions with buildings??

1 minute ago, Telhma said:

the wolfs are insane, i was writing a message on my flag, and there spawn one just behind me, boom, dead 😛

or you stand in your house, and you get trown away in to the wall 3 blocks away. looking backwards see a wolfs head thru the building. (yes, i was so stupid to make windows in my buiding. so now they even attack me when i am inside :P, but comeon, what is a house without windows 😛 )

Just to show how much experience have with wolves in this game, for past hours posted on every predators/wolves relatet topics with explainations or simply hate. Also don't mind living in a box by self but com'on..., animals should not be able to damage anything past thatch, somehow not seeing real life wolves come to someones house living in a forest and bitting holes in their wooden house.

I am also done for now 

The flag system to claim land is worse than the system they had in ark with the pillars - i hated the land grab every time a new server came online in ark and the ranking system in this game only causes people to grab as much land mass as possible as quickly as possible. I have spent 4 days on a raft trying to find an area i can claim and build on. ENOUGH. I will check back occasionally to see if they have fixed the system but if they don't I guess i just wasted my money

I feel for guy who is offline and getting his shipyard attacked by a 270 Alpha Snake. It's doing about 325 damage per hit and the shipyard was down 20k hp when I left on my raft. I shouted a warning but got no response. It will be destroyed by morning. A shipyard. By a snake. That's crazy.

I can understand that we need difficulties and I like it , but only when it's playable , I passed almost 2 hrs tonight just to try to save my items which I couldn't at the end due to all those crazy predators , I first had this alpha Wolf lvl 212 that obliterate my house , bed and storages , by chance I had a raft with bed nearby so I managed to come across and pull him away , then I got snakes , not  1 or 2 but 4 !!! with an alpha so I tryed to pull them away too , but no chance , always 1 or 2 came back and kept on attacking my house with no one or nothing inside anymore , I just can't understand this crazy aggro , why did they pushed so much the number and aggressivity of those predators ? What's the point ???

And yes beyond that , the flag system , what a joke ... 

This is honestly one of the biggest issues with the game right now. If they want to let animals aggro you while you're online and in your house.... whatever, fine. At least I can do something about it. Its complete BS however that I have to worry about a damn snake ripping my wood house apart while I'm offline.  

The devs could solve SO many problems in the game right now with a single change: Offline raid/damage protection.... but I'd settle for animals not attacking my damn house while I'm not online.  

Close your doors and shutter your windows and the animals won't know you're in there, even if they glitch through the walls. There needs to be a roof too. You'll see a little hut icon above the nutes indicator. Now, if they were chasing you when you got inside, that's another story.

I'd be happy to deal with in-game bugs...  I haven't been able to get on a server since launch.  Consider yourselves lucky.

37 minutes ago, MaxPower said:

This is honestly one of the biggest issues with the game right now.

No, it's not... Connectivity is the biggest issue with the game right now.

10 minutes ago, JodianGaming said:

I'd be happy to deal with in-game bugs...  I haven't been able to get on a server since launch.  Consider yourselves lucky.

No, it's not... Connectivity is the biggest issue with the game right now.

Those poor poor souls who cant yet log in and fully experience how bad this game truly is. 

3 hours ago, Stid said:

After several issues I finaly managed to settle up on an island lightly on the south , but what a disaster , even in PVE this game is totaly unbalanced , I had a wood building with storages filled with ressources , a bed to respawn , some gold coins , some blueprints , songs , etc ... 

ALL GONE IN A FEW MINUTES !!

Just because the aggro on the animals and damages are way too high , they just destroyed everything that could help me to recontruct or to repair ...

Even when I tryed to pull them away they just return and continue on their destruction .

I'm done with this game until they do a proper balancing on the predators and modification of their aggro !

But as they listen to their community it will take ages if it happen ...

20190102000020_1.jpg

20190102001327_1.jpg

I agree with you 100%. My crew and I started out on a small island which took us a long time to find land to claim as it was and ended up abandoning it cause we were just too low of a level/inexperienced enough to know how to handle the large amount of predators. We moved on and found another island. We got lucky enough to find another company there that helped us clear out the land of predators to where we could build. We made everything from stone as we had learned our lesson with wood structures. When adding the third floor to our base we added windows and let me tell you how big of a mistake that was. Vultures just fly right into the window and get stuck inside the base. They aren’t damaging the walls or floors. But if you have any sort of crafting bench or loom or smithy or bed etc. it just gets destroyed. We were playing for 7 hours today and at one point we had 38 vultures trapped inside the base four of which were alphas. 

We tear down the walls release the vultures (which you can’t attack cause they are pack animals and you just get fucked) rebuild with no windows. This helped for a couple hours and then they came right back. While I thoroughly enjoy this game and this will not deter me or my crew mates from playing, there needs to be some updates made to the animal/predator system. 

Today i went outside the lawless region, to find piece of land. 
I used a sloop. After i was close enough to the island i tried to get on,
but before i could start a Lvl 17 crocodile attacked me trough the shipwalls and killed me after 3-4 bites.
I waited a few seconds respawn on the boat, to make sure the crocodile is wandering of, but the crocodile was still waiting beside the boat.
The crocodile could bite through the other side of the ship. 
I was killed about 25 times, until i succeeded to escape. (The crocodile was still close behind my boat with full set sails and perfect wind conditions.)
I heard that someone lost his schooner by a crocodile.

They need to change a lot with spawnings of creatures and their behavior.

The crocodile it self:

• Crocodile shouldn't attack a ship. Rafts yes
  • Crocodile shouldn't swim faster than a ship or raft.
  • the agro-range should be close not far.
  • the bite ranged must be reduced.

All creatures:

• shouldn't spawn inside or near of structures (resources too)
  • Alphas should be seldom and only protect a treasures or POIs
  • small-medium creatures shouldn't like wolfs or crocodiles shouldn't be able to damage wood structures
  • stone structures should only be damaged by large creatures like elephants or heavy weapons
  • no creature should be able to make damage through walls

In my opinion the map design must be divided in beginner regions, lawless regions, land claim regions and treasure hunt regions.

• beginner regions should be freeport, Level Cap 8(PVE Zone)
  • lawless regions, Level cap 25, no placeholders allowed(fast decay and maximum 2 buildings in land and 2 shipyards in water)(PVE Zone)
  • land claim regions, no level cap, Claim size depends of number of players inside a company, (max number of claims for PVE 1x land and 1x water each region, PVP unlimited), no treasures, flotsam yes
  • treasure hunt, POI regions no claims, no levelcap, but you can build with the same rules in lawless regions.
Edited by Natas

1 hour ago, McGimp said:

Those poor poor souls who cant yet log in and fully experience how bad this game truly is. 

I'd gladly deal with in-game bugs if I could actually get in-game.

For those who think that it just need to get out of the house forget it , once they started to attack the house it's a pain in the ass to get them away from it !
This morning I connected to the the game , just to check what happened at the end to my house , taken straight down by an alpha wolf ... couldn't even get down of my raft  ... seriously what are they thinking with that kind of agro   -_-'

20190102114639_1.jpg

5 hours ago, JodianGaming said:

I'd gladly deal with in-game bugs if I could actually get in-game.

I feel sorry for you , I had the same issues at the begining , Time out and Fetch the server info  , after a few patches they solved this issue for me .

Edited by Stid

Oh by the way , that you have windows or not , GIANT snakes can even come through walls or doors . 
Yep , GIANT snakes , a rattle snake ok why not , but a giant one , come on , be serious at least once in your work guys !

20190102000434_1.thumb.jpg.0ae040cf558c16eac6dc788dd17b4db4.jpg

Edited by Stid

Don't worry ... This game is not worth your time at all.

I grinded for 5 hours to get my Schooner fully armed and crewed, it was a big beast lvl 22 ... Got sunk in 1 minute in a battle against an SOTD.

This game = 5 hours of FISTING IN THE ASS for 1 minute of FUN (Not even talking of all the times those FUCKIN' pieces of shit wolves came to eat me, the times the pieces of shit sharks riped me off and all other pieces of shit problems i encountered).

PS : My character is lvl 57 full skill (Private server), skill doesn't change anything, they're all bugued.

Don't bother, get a refund.

Edited by HANABI
  • Sad 1

Can animals damage stone? How about alphas? They could damage stone in ark, but alphas are more frequent in this game.

7 minutes ago, kolpo said:

Can animals damage stone? How about alphas? They could damage stone in ark, but alphas are more frequent in this game.

I haven't been to this point now but as they can damage shipyard I assume then they can do so !

Other reason to not play this game ... They call the big ship a Gallion ? 50 canon maximum you can fit on it ? Sorry my little Grapeshot Developper, but that's only a 3rd rate or even a big frigate but that's all.

That's a real Gallion : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santísima_Trinidad

And that's a last generation French Gallion, say hello to the OCEAN biatch : https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/L'Océan_(1790)

This game is nothing else but a big JK.