Sign in to follow this  
Hackjob

How do I get/make aloy

3 minutes ago, Nari said:

Crafting > Metallurgy > Forge any metal 

So ingot is a alloy?

3 minutes ago, Hackjob said:

So ingot is a alloy?

No ingots are made from specific metals Alloy can be forge by using any metal. It's its own BP.

My bad, I'm not the company blacksmith. yes Ingots are alloy.

Edited by Nari

2 minutes ago, Nari said:

No ingots are made from specific metals Alloy can be forge by using any metal. It's its own BP.

So got metallurgy and my forge don't see creation for alloy just ingots

Bumping this' i have metalurgy - Raw metal - metal ingots -coal - salt - wood iv'e tried all different combinations of these ingredients and still have no ingots that actualy say Alloy on them' My question is how much metal ore/Ingots and how much salt do i need to craft an Alloy ingot.I can cradft normal ingots fine but nowhere does it give me an Alloy ingot' iv'e read up multiple posts on this here and steam searched youtube and all say the same Metal ore/Coal/Salt/Wood i have all these with the metalurgy skilline and the forge but i'm baffled, any help please?

I can't craft an ingot at all. The "Can be crafted at: Forge" sign is red, like a'm not targeting it. @jimgem did u succeded at smelting?

unknown[1].png

6 minutes ago, jimgem said:

Bumping this' i have metalurgy - Raw metal - metal ingots -coal - salt - wood iv'e tried all different combinations of these ingredients and still have no ingots that actualy say Alloy on them' My question is how much metal ore/Ingots and how much salt do i need to craft an Alloy ingot.I can cradft normal ingots fine but nowhere does it give me an Alloy ingot' iv'e read up multiple posts on this here and steam searched youtube and all say the same Metal ore/Coal/Salt/Wood i have all these with the metalurgy skilline and the forge but i'm baffled, any help please?

All metal ingots are alloy. Some recipes require specific ingots, but it will tell you which one.

1 minute ago, CagoBHuK said:

I can't craft an ingot at all. The "Can be crafted at: Forge" sign is red, like a'm not targeting it. @jimgem did u succeded at smelting?

unknown[1].png

You need to put wood in it and light it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CagoBHuK said:

unknown[1].png

Try putting wood in the forge and then select light fire.

1 minute ago, Captain Kuro said:

All metal ingots are alloy. Some recipes require specific ingots, but it will tell you which one.

You need to put wood in it and light it.

Yes put wood in forge' right click on highlighted ingot and craft' i can craft ingots no problem' but iv'e read i need to add salt to raw iron ore/ Metal ore with coal/Charcoal to make Alloy this is the bit i don't get' we found some ingots in a chest that actualy say Metal Alloy on them and i can't seem to get his part of it..

Just now, jimgem said:

Yes put wood in forge' right click on highlighted ingot and craft' i can craft ingots no problem' but iv'e read i need to add salt to raw iron ore/ Metal ore with coal/Charcoal to make Alloy this is the bit i don't get' we found some ingots in a chest that actualy say Metal Alloy on them and i can't seem to get his part of it..

You dont need to do that as far as im aware. We have been using ingots as alloy to make cannons.

Ah k so i'm not the on one who is building the ships in our company as we are a small team and the one who is building says we need metal alloy for the cannons' so i took the metalurgy skill' so is it just any normal metal ingot then' buut that dosn't explain why we found metal ingots the other day that actualy say metal alloy on them' i can make ingots no problem' i'l wait and see when the shipbuilder guy comes on and get him to try just ingots..