JetFox

Alpha Release V2.0.3.0: AtlasUpdater - Auto-Updater/Restarter

12 hours ago, JetFox said:

if you manually enter the configs in the save folders, steam updater wont override those, then defaultgameusersettings becomes never needed.

Fair enough - I went that route and scripted out the necessary pieces.  Thanks for a great tool.

I have some questions concerning multi-servers (physical) and Discord.

Is there any way to interact with the bot on Discord to retrieve rcon info via the bot? Like, logged users, server status, etc?

For grids that have (like mine) several physical servers, i'm currently running 3 separate instances, one on each server, this ensures basic operation as per updates, start/stop, etc... However, for the Discord thing the only option would be to run 3 bots on the Discord server... anyway of having either a 'separate' instance for 'Discord only bot stuff' that could 'rcon' to all the servers?

Thank you and congrats on the excellent work,

Why cant you add the same Discord bot to each instance? I cant get that part to work either way... I get a constant stream of errors referencing "winsocs not available on this platform" crap

6 hours ago, SteveM said:

Why cant you add the same Discord bot to each instance? I cant get that part to work either way... I get a constant stream of errors referencing "winsocs not available on this platform" crap

You cannot launch the same bot ID 3 times on the same server. I believe you need one unique BOT ID per Discord server.

Hi @JetFox I love ur tool, thanks for u work!!!

I would like to see those two official tools integrated into our atlas  prozess manager:

1. Atlas Territory Map https://github.com/GrapeshotGames/AtlasTerritoryMap

2. Atlas Map Viewer https://github.com/GrapeshotGames/AtlasMapViewer

They both seems to me a must have when you run ur own server.  What you think?

It crashed while doing backup [2/7/2019 12:37:56 PM] [Success]:    Backup of server C4 complete
[2/7/2019 12:37:57 PM] [Info]:        Starting backup of server C5
[2/7/2019 12:38:15 PM] [Success]:    Backup of server C5 complete
[2/7/2019 12:38:15 PM] [Info]:        Starting backup of server D1

I got daily crashes after a few hours working...

Faulting application name: AtlasUpdater.exe, version: 2.0.3.0, time stamp: 0x5c4c97a3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x055ea289
Faulting process id: 0x1b14
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4be6be94441a7
Faulting application path: C:\atlas\AtlasUpdater\AtlasUpdater.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 82eedbe2-9636-4f4b-8840-fec5f67c13e5
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: AtlasUpdater.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at SteamKit2.CallbackManager+<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<Handle>b__0(SteamKit2.Internal.CallbackBase)
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].FindAll(System.Predicate`1<System.__Canon>)
   at SteamKit2.CallbackManager.Handle(SteamKit2.ICallbackMsg)
   at SteamKit2.CallbackManager.RunWaitCallbacks(System.TimeSpan)
   at ARKUpdater.Classes.SteamKit.RunThread()
   at ARKUpdater.Classes.SteamKit+<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<SpawnThread>b__0()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

1 hour ago, upperking said:

He must have abandoned this program.......

Thats fairly uneducated! Maybe you should pretend to do something better?

Having an issue with the program running it gives me this, the log shows nothing. It booted before. And now it wont boot so having to run everything manually

image fore crash on auto updater.png

my crashes are not happend again. i guess it was related to access the server (Rdp) with a small resolution...

Update: 13. Feb 2019, Crash happeb again:

+ System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  .NET Runtime 

- EventID 1026 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 0 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2019-02-13T08:30:18.515657500Z 

EventRecordID 30034 

Channel Application 

Computer wintermute 

Security 

- EventData 

Application: AtlasUpdater.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException at SteamKit2.CallbackManager+<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<Handle>b__0(SteamKit2.Internal.CallbackBase) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].FindAll(System.Predicate`1<System.__Canon>) at SteamKit2.CallbackManager.Handle(SteamKit2.ICallbackMsg) at SteamKit2.CallbackManager.RunWaitCallbacks(System.TimeSpan) at ARKUpdater.Classes.SteamKit.RunThread() at ARKUpdater.Classes.SteamKit+<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<SpawnThread>b__0() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()  

Edited by Buccaneers

4 hours ago, Speraves said:

This project is dead. 😞

Youre a few weeks late! 

Dead or not, it's still, by far, the best option out there! 

has @JetFox really quit working on this or is this just another gossip?

it a great tool, rigth! but it would be better  if we could get the sourcecode...

Y'all should check this one out. It's more stable and doesn't have some of the race conditions that this tool has. 

Plus it's being maintained daily by the dev. 😀

Edited by Speraves

9 hours ago, Buccaneers said:

has @JetFox really quit working on this or is this just another gossip?

it a great tool, rigth! but it would be better  if we could get the sourcecode...

He seems to have completely vanished from the internet.

9 hours ago, Speraves said:

Y'all should check this one out. It's more stable and doesn't have some of the race conditions that this tool has. 

Plus it's being maintained daily by the dev. 😀

That one might be worth something if he gets it to a point where it will 100% work on servers on multiple machines. Until then, it's not viable. And NO... he isnt doing anything DAILY! He hasnt even commented on the thing in over a week. That doesnt mean its bad... its just not what youre trying to portray!  

Edited by SteveM

2 hours ago, SteveM said:

And NO... he isnt doing anything DAILY!

Ah, sorry, I follow his progress elsewhere. I didn't know he didn't update here as often. 😞

Regardless, this project is obviously dead (or at the very least he is taking an extended break from it)... Maintainer has not been heard from for a while now... If he didn't agree he would have responded by now. 🙂

Edited by Speraves

7 hours ago, Speraves said:

I didn't know he didn't update here as often.

YOU posted the link!!! 

He's still nowhere close to a complete or viable as this ServerManager is, no matter where you follow him! The ONLY thing that's important is that a server manager is able to manage most servers. MOST servers live on more than one machine. His FIRST line is his description alludes to the fact that his DOESNT! Once his becomes usable to the majority of server THEN he might take away the title! 

On 2/10/2019 at 5:05 PM, Buccaneers said:

my crashes are not happend again. i guess it was related to access the server (Rdp) with a small resolution...

Update: 13. Feb 2019, Crash happeb again:

+ System 

- Provider 

[ Name]  .NET Runtime 

- EventID 1026 

[ Qualifiers]  0 

Level 2 

Task 0 

Keywords 0x80000000000000 

- TimeCreated 

[ SystemTime]  2019-02-13T08:30:18.515657500Z 

EventRecordID 30034 

Channel Application 

Computer wintermute 

Security 

- EventData 

Application: AtlasUpdater.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException at SteamKit2.CallbackManager+<>c__DisplayClass10_0.<Handle>b__0(SteamKit2.Internal.CallbackBase) at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]].FindAll(System.Predicate`1<System.__Canon>) at SteamKit2.CallbackManager.Handle(SteamKit2.ICallbackMsg) at SteamKit2.CallbackManager.RunWaitCallbacks(System.TimeSpan) at ARKUpdater.Classes.SteamKit.RunThread() at ARKUpdater.Classes.SteamKit+<>c__DisplayClass11_0.<SpawnThread>b__0() at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()  

Hi Buccaneers,

College life caught up with me along with other more profitable freelance work ive been doing.

I checked into that crash its actually steamkit problem that was hotfixed and I never recompiled with the hotfix yet.

Currently in AZ for a week vacation.

Best Regards,

JetFox