JetFox

Alpha Release V2.0.3.0: AtlasUpdater - Auto-Updater/Restarter

Hi man, I've been appreciating your work here, it's realy good work!

Please check out an error I got after a certain time, probably those 30 minutes backup?:

myNxNxf.png

Thanks in advance for your reply

EDIT: Currently trying it with backup off.

Edited by Confi
"EnableBackup": "false"

[1/18/2019 12:51:16 PM] [Info]:        Atlas Updater Starting (Version: 2.0.0 (.NET v4.0.30319))
[1/18/2019 12:51:16 PM] [Error]:        Error opening settings.json! Could not find file 'C:\Users\SamGo\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\ArkUpdater-master\ARKUpdater\bin\Debug\settings.json'.

i run Atlasmanager without discordbot. 
PS: Thank you for your work. It is a nice Programm

Edited by nappel4life

20 hours ago, Confi said:

Hi man, I've been appreciating your work here, it's realy good work!

Please check out an error I got after a certain time, probably those 30 minutes backup?:

myNxNxf.png

Thanks in advance for your reply

EDIT: Currently trying it with backup off.

Confirmed Workaround: currently solved this by disabling backups

Starting of the server after update only uses the first instance name from the JSON array. 

Capture.PNG

Please add a way to resolve ddns (HOSTNAMES) to IP! So for example i would use venom.ddns.net and it would be resolved as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Is it possible to assign a different RCON port for the auto-updater to connect to? I cannot get it to communicate with localhost/127.0.0.1 for some reason even though it's running on the same server. I was hoping to put in the server's local IP to quickly resolve the issue.

error.thumb.png.782321932b0090fca2246e3d300c698c.png

Edited by mck1llen

18 hours ago, Speraves said:

Starting of the server after update only uses the first instance name from the JSON array. 

Capture.PNG

Fixed in 2.0.2.0

On 1/24/2019 at 1:12 PM, Confi said:

Confirmed Workaround: currently solved this by disabling backups

Fixed in 2.0.2.0 (Backups now work again)

1 hour ago, mck1llen said:

Is it possible to assign a different RCON port for the auto-updater to connect to? I cannot get it to communicate with localhost/127.0.0.1 for some reason even though it's running on the same server. I was hoping to put in the server's local IP to quickly resolve the issue.

error.thumb.png.782321932b0090fca2246e3d300c698c.png

Uhm, it connects to whatever you have set in the config file.

Thanks JETFOX, I really appreciate the help! I've checked every config that I am aware of and nothing appears to be pointed to 127.0.0.1 - Is there a specific section, file, or setting that I should be looking for specifically for assigning the RCON IP?

I was able to successfully set the redisIP and CrossChat IPs. This only occurs when the app attempts to update.

48 minutes ago, mck1llen said:

Thanks JETFOX, I really appreciate the help! I've checked every config that I am aware of and nothing appears to be pointed to 127.0.0.1 - Is there a specific section, file, or setting that I should be looking for specifically for assigning the RCON IP?

I was able to successfully set the redisIP and CrossChat IPs. This only occurs when the app attempts to update.

Is there a reason why 127.0.0.1 shouldnt work?

1 hour ago, JetFox said:

Is there a reason why 127.0.0.1 shouldnt work?

I've been troubleshooting it for the last few days and I can't seem to determine the root cause. I've already reformatted the system, verified that the ports are opened, applied firewall rules for the app, tried a different network card, messed around with router settings, and I'm able to RCON in via the static IP address with several different tools (RCONTool, Atlas Server Manager,  RCON for ARK, etc).

While other server managers work, they really don't compare to yours in my opinion. I was just wondering if maybe there was an option to change the IP that it's pointed to, similar to that of other managers. If not, then I completely understand - it's probably something hardware related on my end but I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing something in the config.

Thanks for all of your hard work and the swift replies.

58 minutes ago, mck1llen said:

I've been troubleshooting it for the last few days and I can't seem to determine the root cause. I've already reformatted the system, verified that the ports are opened, applied firewall rules for the app, tried a different network card, messed around with router settings, and I'm able to RCON in via the static IP address with several different tools (RCONTool, Atlas Server Manager,  RCON for ARK, etc).

While other server managers work, they really don't compare to yours in my opinion. I was just wondering if maybe there was an option to change the IP that it's pointed to, similar to that of other managers. If not, then I completely understand - it's probably something hardware related on my end but I just wanted to be sure that I wasn't missing something in the config.

Thanks for all of your hard work and the swift replies.

Check back in like 12 hours im catching some sleep, I'll post a dl for a private build but i wont keep it up to date for every early release.

4 hours ago, JetFox said:

Check back in like 12 hours im catching some sleep, I'll post a dl for a private build but i wont keep it up to date for every early release.

Thank you so much!

5 hours ago, JetFox said:

2.0.3.0 out

I've tested 2.0.3.0 and everything is running great!  Thank you so much!

As a side note, I noticed that not every server seems to be launching when I open AtlasUpdater.exe as of v2.0.2.0. The behavior is inconsistent, as it appears to miss one or two of the instances randomly at launch. Closing/relaunching AtlasUpdater.exe a second time often resolves the issue for the missed maps.

In my case, normally 14 to 15 of listed 16 servers will launch and all 16 appear to be starting/connecting after the initial build check. It's not a huge issue since a simple script to close & reopen AtlasUpdater.exe  every once in awhile can be used as a workaround but I thought I would mention it in case no one else has.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

29 minutes ago, mck1llen said:

I've tested 2.0.3.0 and everything is running great!  Thank you so much!

As a side note, I noticed that not every server seems to be launching when I open AtlasUpdater.exe as of v2.0.2.0. The behavior is inconsistent, as it appears to miss one or two of the instances randomly at launch. Closing/relaunching AtlasUpdater.exe a second time often resolves the issue for the missed maps.

In my case, normally 14 to 15 of listed 16 servers will launch and all 16 appear to be starting/connecting after the initial build check. It's not a huge issue since a simple script to close & reopen AtlasUpdater.exe  every once in awhile can be used as a workaround but I thought I would mention it in case no one else has.

Thanks again for all of your hard work!

Delete the server.pid files in atlas before launch probably would fix it.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, JetFox said:

Delete the server.pid files in atlas before launch probably would fix it.

Yep, that did it! Thanks again!

Edited by mck1llen

Issues with backups @JetFox

Unhandled Exception: SevenZip.SevenZipException: The execution has failed due to the bug in the SevenZipSharp.e
Please report about it to http://sevenzipsharp.codeplex.com/WorkItem/List.aspx, post the release number and attach the archive.
   at SevenZip.SevenZipBase.ThrowException(CallbackBase handler, Exception[] e)
   at SevenZip.SevenZipBase.CheckedExecute(Int32 hresult, String message, CallbackBase handler)
   at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressFilesEncrypted(Stream archiveStream, Int32 commonRootLength, String password, String[] fileFullNames)
   at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressDirectory(String directory, Stream archiveStream, String password, String searchPattern, Boolean recursion)
   at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressDirectory(String directory, String archiveName, String password, String searchPattern, Boolean recursion)
   at SevenZip.SevenZipCompressor.CompressDirectory(String directory, String archiveName)
   at ARKUpdater.Interfaces.BackupInterfaceWindows.BackupServer(ServerChild ServerData) in C:\Users\SamGo\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\ArkUpdater-master\ARKUpdater\Interfaces\BackupInterface.cs:line 67
   at ARKUpdater.ARKUpdater.Run() in C:\Users\SamGo\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\ArkUpdater-master\ARKUpdater\Program.cs:line 555
   at ARKUpdater.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\Users\SamGo\Documents\Visual Studio 2017\Projects\ArkUpdater-master\ARKUpdater\Program.cs:line 131

First a question: How to shut down the server? For now I close all the windows :-/

Now a bug: When I press [CTRL] + [c] in the AtlasUpdater window I got this error. I believe this happens only  with the 2.0.2 and also the latest 2.0.3 release:

Faulting application name: AtlasUpdater.exe, version: 2.0.3.0, time stamp: 0x5c4c97a3
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x02c62abe
Faulting process id: 0x1e90
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b81d90bb4ede
Faulting application path: C:\atlas\AtlasUpdater\AtlasUpdater.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: 6169bde8-de35-43cf-8b75-c35639089850
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

Application: AtlasUpdater.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.NullReferenceException
   at ARKUpdater.Program+<>c.<Main>b__1_3()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Edited by Buccaneers

@JetFox, Quick question on supporting restoration of configuration files after a Steam update - I didn't catch in the thread if that supports it.  If I have a custom port and password for redis, the steam updater will often overwrite the config - Then I would expect restarts to fail if I need to restart all processes without me going in and editing the redis-config (and other files like DefaultGameUserSettings.ini as I overwrite with my current batch files regardless).  Does your tool do any sort of configuration restoration or is that intended to be manually handled by the admin?

Or is the standard operating procedure to edit each instance's GameUserSettings.ini that shouldn't get overwritten by a steam update?

Thanks!

Edited by KrystofIO
clarification on game file

@JetFox is it possible to add an additional check if shootergameserver.exe responds / is fully started up?

If you click by accident into the window from shootergameserver.exe it's on hold and doesn't startup properly.

Real nice would be to send remote commands to atlas updater to force update or kill / restart a single grid without rcon.

Any chance for this?

8 hours ago, Firedragon said:

@JetFox is it possible to add an additional check if shootergameserver.exe responds / is fully started up?

If you click by accident into the window from shootergameserver.exe it's on hold and doesn't startup properly.

Real nice would be to send remote commands to atlas updater to force update or kill / restart a single grid without rcon.

Any chance for this?

If you accidentally click in the window just press enter and itll resume bootup, maybe reboot grid option later

11 minutes ago, JetFox said:

If you accidentally click in the window just press enter and itll resume bootup

Atlas runs not on my dedicated server, that's why i'm asking. Currently it works like this:

On 1/30/2019 at 2:11 PM, Firedragon said:

How i manage our atlas server:

• redis as service
  • auto updater to keep atlas bootet / up to date
  • ftp for making edits to atlas json / ini files
  • rcon to shutdown atlas server - all grid's (it starts up right away bcuz auto updater detects it is not running anymore)
  • cobian backup 11 gravity (freeware) to backup atlas server related files every 3 hrs
    (saved folder / servergrid + .json / redis rdb - rotating 30 files backlog if there should be a crash) 

rcon only works if it booted up properly and by accident B2 was on hold, BUUUT, today was an atlas update and that fixed it by itself.

Edited by Firedragon

@JetFox another Feature would be awesome for your atlas updater.

Adding check for ModId's version to restart the server (workaround for unconnectable atlas sever if mod is out of date).

On 1/30/2019 at 7:56 AM, KrystofIO said:

@JetFox, Quick question on supporting restoration of configuration files after a Steam update - I didn't catch in the thread if that supports it.  If I have a custom port and password for redis, the steam updater will often overwrite the config - Then I would expect restarts to fail if I need to restart all processes without me going in and editing the redis-config (and other files like DefaultGameUserSettings.ini as I overwrite with my current batch files regardless).  Does your tool do any sort of configuration restoration or is that intended to be manually handled by the admin?

Or is the standard operating procedure to edit each instance's GameUserSettings.ini that shouldn't get overwritten by a steam update?

Thanks!

if you manually enter the configs in the save folders, steam updater wont override those, then defaultgameusersettings becomes never needed.

4 hours ago, Firedragon said:

@JetFox another Feature would be awesome for your atlas updater.

Adding check for ModId's version to restart the server (workaround for unconnectable atlas sever if mod is out of date).

ehhhhhhh, maybe.