Sign in to follow this  
Tentarro

Get Rid of Predators and Hostile NPCs Until You Actually Balance Them

A fucking wolf broke into our Tundra house SOMEHOW and killed all of us overnight, destroyed our loom (THAT HAD 2 THOUSAND FUCKING PASTE IN IT) and I lost my Carbine (AGAIN, two of them disappeared into our Cabinets, I know because they say 45/45 and there's an empty slot where my carbine would be) and 4 flintlocks, Fur Armor.

This is fucking ridiculous, Wolves are out of control, snakes are out of control, lions are out of control. Taming is near impossible as 1 person because they animals are so freakishly fucking fast even at 1 hp.

This is fucking ludicrous, I'm trying to like this game but every time I turn around the Dev shows their incompetence. 

• Like 4

I'm right there with ya, Im down in the southern tundra and spend more time re-spawning from hostile creature kills than anything.
Yesterday though I noticed alot more bears, I love the basterds. I started aggroing wolf packs to the bears and the bears would make short work of them. Until the lions came around......

And snakes in the Tundra? Uh they should be slow af if anything due to the fact that they need WARM environments.

Also Hostile creatures do not aggro on eachother. Ive seen a pack of snakes/lions/wolves running the same path around the island. One big NPC raid group. This is stupid. If they at least killed eachother from time to time it may balance out the island a bit.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tentarro said:

A fucking wolf broke into our Tundra house SOMEHOW and killed all of us overnight

They can't break stone and should never have reached you on the second floor...

until they glitch through the walls to kills you. 

Remove hostile creatures, Or they will remove your player base with every frustrating minute that passes.
Im Literally stuck on my boat with crocs isnta killing me as I spawn. I cant leave, Cant run cant do anything. This is FUCKED

Im on the brink of uninstalling and never looking back. The first impression was garbage, But I see potential. But can only withstand so much before it becomes unhealthy to continue playing this game. 

Edited by John McFearsom
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

They can't break stone and should never have reached you on the second floor...

I have 6 floor stone base and snakes and other mofos just comes straight in through the wall somehow on the 2nd floor.. Early access game what can I say.

Yes, wish predators didn't exist untill they balance them. Can't go on land on tundra bcs wolves, mean, can go... but not expecting to live long and knowing that soon gonna have ass ripped off by 1-10 wolves and will then enjoy running back for gear for like half hour untill will grab it, get to house, have 1/3 of house/raft bitten off and them finally dead from mauling them with spears... if had enough. At this point this is not an mmo, this is wolf survival simulator. Ah, also can't go into water bcs sharks. Have no idea how streamers have no predators, especialy wolves all over them, even when killed they respawn in up to like 5 minutes and the fun begins again, or how ppl in general go ocean diving when there are sharks with gps, go into water with no sharks and suddenly 1-2 are next to ya, barely can grab that bootie box without being eaten.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Yes, wish predators didn't exist untill they balance them. Can't go on land on tundra bcs wolves, mean, can go... but not expecting to live long and knowing that soon gonna have ass ripped off by 1-10 wolves and will then enjoy running back for gear for like half hour untill will grab it, get to house, have 1/3 of house/raft bitten off and them finally dead from mauling them with spears... if had enough. At this point this is not an mmo, this is wolf survival simulator. Ah, also can't go into water bcs sharks. Have no idea how streamers have no predators, especialy wolves all over them, even when killed they respawn in up to like 5 minutes and the fun begins again, or how ppl in general go ocean diving when there are sharks with gps, go into water with no sharks and suddenly 1-2 are next to ya, barely can grab that bootie box without being eaten.

I have no idea what in the world you are talking about. We just went treasure hunting twice and it was a blast.

See wolf

Kill it

rinse and repeat.

1 minute ago, Nutcutt3r said:

I have no idea what in the world you are talking about. We just went treasure hunting twice and it was a blast.

See wolf

Kill it

rinse and repeat.

If having a flint lock then sure... when being a scrub still throwing javelins at stuff, it takes 3-4 javelins to the head to kill it, after this time having either 1-2 bites left of life or none at all, bcs they sometimes manage to kill us or even come in packs and 4-5 bites are enough to kill someone no matter the armor.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nightstrasza said:

If having a flint lock then sure... when being a scrub still throwing javelins at stuff, it takes 3-4 javelins to the head to kill it, after this time having either 1-2 bites left of life or none at all, bcs they sometimes manage to kill us or even come in packs and 4-5 bites are enough to kill someone no matter the armor.

Just take it to the water and pike it.

Or off the side of a hill.

Or through the wall.

Or jump in the water and run.

You get to choose what you level up in, if you are "saving those skills" for something else, that's your decision.

Its free meat, hide, etc etc, extra level up bonus the more you can cope with it.

8 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Or through the wall.

You get to choose what you level up in, if you are "saving those skills" for something else, that's your decision.

Its free meat, hide, etc etc, extra level up bonus the more you can cope with it.

Stop ignoring an actual problem, pretending everything is okay and sucking the Dev's toes you fucking moron

Edited by Tentarro
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Or through the wall.

Not saving points, spending them in free time, like when safely sailing or at cold nights. As for free meat..., once had few hunderets of meat, it spoils faster than can ever eat that, don't want to fight a wolf every 5 minutes, don't need those resources ever (except hide, that is always usefull). As for cheesing stuff, never tested the hill but they got range... and if will get too close for example when being on a raft or rock, will just go flying across and fall down, hitting thro walls is not reliable, their hitbox is all over the place, possible but time consuming and wastes alot of wall/raft health, especialy if many of them come, was going into water, actualy that's 90% of wolf battles that ever did, bcs otherwise getting mauled in 1-2 seconds if didn't snipe atleast half of their health before first hit. Also there is no water all over the place, if will leave the shore, being already at the mercy if will notice that wolf before it spots us and if will hit their head 2-3 times for 100 dmg before their first hit and then being left with low health, wasting hunger to heal that up and possibly there are more wolves with that 1 anyway, not to mention in 5 minutes they gonna respawn.

3 minutes ago, Tentarro said:

Stop ignoring an actual problem, pretending everything is okay and sucking the Dev's toes you fucking moron

Why do you get so angry over your outright stupidity to do something else?

Instead of stop banging your head on the wall you just ask someone to put padding on it...

4 minutes ago, Nightstrasza said:

Not saving points, spending them in free time, like when safely sailing or at cold nights. As for free meat..., once had few hunderets of meat, it spoils faster than can ever eat that, don't want to fight a wolf every 5 minutes, don't need those resources ever (except hide, that is always usefull). As for cheesing stuff, never tested the hill but they got range... and if will get too close for example when being on a raft or rock, will just go flying across and fall down, hitting thro walls is not reliable, their hitbox is all over the place, possible but time consuming and wastes alot of wall/raft health, especialy if many of them come, was going into water, actualy that's 90% of wolf battles that ever did, bcs otherwise getting mauled in 1-2 seconds if didn't snipe atleast half of their health before first hit. Also there is no water all over the place, if will leave the shore, being already at the mercy if will notice that wolf before it spots us and if will hit their head 2-3 times for 100 dmg before their first hit and then being left with low health, wasting hunger to heal that up and possibly there are more wolves with that 1 anyway, not to mention in 5 minutes they gonna respawn.

You have a lot of excuses for what you cant do but wont try anything different. Its just "out of control" OMG

How can they balance the predators and hostile NPC's if they aren't in the game, and getting feedback from them?

• Like 1

Pretty sure OP is exaggerating. Wolves can't break stone, and wolves do NO damage  to players when they clip partially through the wall. If you had a window there is a small chance they can leap through it. But in that case you should be putting a door on the window and putting looms and other tables elevated from the ground.

1 minute ago, Hector of Troy said:

Pretty sure OP is exaggerating. Wolves can't break stone, and wolves do NO damage  to players when they clip partially through the wall. If you had a window there is a small chance they can leap through it. But in that case you should be putting a door on the window and putting looms and other tables elevated from the ground.

They CAN'T break stone, that's what I'm saying. A wolf somehow mystically came into our base, killed everyone inside, killed our loom, and just disappeared.

We also had no windows, and our doors were airlock style.

You guys can pander to Wildcard as much as you want but there was no reason or excuse for this kind of shit to happen.

Edited by Tentarro

Just now, Tentarro said:

They CAN'T break stone, that's what I'm saying. A wolf somehow mystically came into our base, killed everyone inside, killed our loom, and just disappeared.

We also had no windows, and our doors were airlock style.

You guys can pander to Wildcard as much as you want but there was no reason or excuse for this kind of shit to happen.

Key word: "Our" someone on your team lead them inside. I take it all you have is an attack log and the wolf wasn't inside afterwards.

35 minutes ago, Hector of Troy said:

Key word: "Our" someone on your team lead them inside. I take it all you have is an attack log and the wolf wasn't inside afterwards.

Wolves can't go through doorways, there was no way for a wolf to get in the base.

Nice try, though.

2 hours ago, Tentarro said:

No I want the fucking solution to be that I get all of the shit I fucking lost back, predatory animals disabled until they realize they need to be tuned the fuck down, and for you to pick up a fucking dictionary or take an english lesson

do you actually play this game or are you just that fucking stupid? Lol I bet you play PVE

they are tuned for more end game than start ITS A SURVIVAL GAME learn to use the surroudning area to manage until u have acces to tames , fire arrows , guns etc ....the same stuff u would do in real life , u wouldnr just expect a wild animal to stand there while u kill it , 

the only wild animal i have ever had trouble with are wolfs not ao much of an issue now i have my own wolfs tames ,, crocs are slow on land , use it dont jump in water with crocs 😕 that their natural territory ,

14 minutes ago, UDO said:

they are tuned for more end game than start ITS A SURVIVAL GAME learn to use the surroudning area to manage until u have acces to tames , fire arrows , guns etc ....the same stuff u would do in real life , u wouldnr just expect a wild animal to stand there while u kill it , 

the only wild animal i have ever had trouble with are wolfs not ao much of an issue now i have my own wolfs tames ,, crocs are slow on land , use it dont jump in water with crocs 😕 that their natural territory ,

Man you can't fuckin' read and it's just sad

21 minutes ago, Tentarro said:

4 hours ago, Nutcutt3r said:

Or through the wall.

this 

Edited by UDO

To balance them they need to be active so it can be tested.

We are the testers if you didn't figure that out yet.. 

I agree that the devs made bad decisions here and there but i have no doubt that they will get fixed, but currently they have bigger issues to work on.

Edited by warhealer

I agree the hostiles need to be tuned down a bit...specifically crocs, wolves and lions.  Crocs clip wayyyyy into ships and walls and swim far too fast.  On our island there are way too many of them.  Wolves are a bit too fast imo as well as lions.  One of the big problems i see is there is no balance on some islands.  alot of them are all predators with few tough passives like elephants rhinos and boars.  The spawn is also too fast.  Not saying we haven't been able to adapt and overcome but its a pita sometimes and needs to be adjusted.

Btw wolves can clip through stone walls to bite people near the edge as well as wood structures.

Honestly the Crocs are the main ones that need the nerfs and fixes. Especially the clipping trough boats. And ofcourse a big decrease in agro range for Lions...

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Loni said:

Honestly the Crocs are the main ones that need the nerfs and fixes. Especially the clipping trough boats. And ofcourse a big decrease in agro range for Lions...

Agree with this totally, crocs are a nightmare when trying to land on islands they come right up on boat and eat crew, even on larger vessels

• Like 2