psykikk

GIVE US SOMETHING TO DO!!! (except more grinding)

This goes directly to the devs and I hope I find some likeminded players to vote this up

1. expand the freakin map. since a lot of the map is literally wasted for spawning sectors and lawless zones, there´s just not enough land to make claiming possible at all. 
There are enough threads on why the claim system currently is just bad and why it needs fixing, also a lot of good suggestions on how to fix it

2. make SotD Boss enemies for good stuff, and only spawn them in sectors of high valuable loot. 
currently we can see all kinds of levels in all kinds of sectors. thus the game is never really balanced. 

here are suggestions to make it better: 

- make sectors have a threat level so to speak. so trhat you know "oh, the further away I travel from the spawn  sectors, the more risk I am taking to lose everything"
scale the mobs, ships, everything (of course the rewards etc) accordingly. 
ai crew that advances in level demand extra pay when in low level areas. that way you balance it against High level players hanging out in low threat sectors to gather ressources and such. 
they can of course still do that, but it wouldnt be viable with a large AI crew.

- implement additional types of AI ships:

traders -> always friendly. will have goods for sale and travel from freeport to freeport. 
Players should be able to built "Trade Warehouses" or "Harbors" -> Massive , extremely expensive buildings that would allow to set up AI ships docking at them. 
you can use the warehouse to offer wares and goods for trade / sale. 

players can chose to attack traders but that will have consequences (you / your ship) gets flagges as "Pirate"

the status of "Pirate" counts ftowards the Player captaining the ship, as well as the ship. the more you attack AI ships, the higher your Pirate-Level goes and the more AI notority you gain,. 
Thus Traders will try to run from you and not trade with you anymore, Navy ships will aggro you more , maybe even look for you (on PVP you could expand the mode to offer AI bounies that players can earn to sink the Pirate ship)

Introduce AI navy ships. 

like AI ghost ships but they look like real ships. AND the best part: they dont attack players that are not flagged as PIrate. they actively engage against ghost ships if encountered in the same sector. 
Usually they dont venture into those sectors though

Introduce Whalers

- a new shiptype that specializes in finding and killing those largest beasts for oil and leather and meat. 

maybe a new ressource ? 
some can be sold to the AI for extra gold. 

- AI pirate ships (of course) 

They are extremely rare. and can be found if you agree to do an AI contract to hunt and kill the pirate. like a treasure map it contains the pic of the pirate ship, as well as the last known location (sector)

the easiest pirates travel by sloops, then they scale up to the Galleon for the most dangerous ones... 

- make AI pirates bribable. 

if you encounter AI pirates and they attack first (which should be rare) they are most likely not interested in skining your ship, but want your cargo. so you can either pay them gold to bugger off, fight them, of hand over your cargo. 

6 minutes ago, psykikk said:

This goes directly to the devs and I hope I find some likeminded players to vote this up

1. expand the freakin map. since a lot of the map is literally wasted for spawning sectors and lawless zones, there´s just not enough land to make claiming possible at all. 
There are enough threads on why the claim system currently is just bad and why it needs fixing, also a lot of good suggestions on how to fix it

2. make SotD Boss enemies for good stuff, and only spawn them in sectors of high valuable loot. 
currently we can see all kinds of levels in all kinds of sectors. thus the game is never really balanced. 

here are suggestions to make it better: 

- make sectors have a threat level so to speak. so trhat you know "oh, the further away I travel from the spawn  sectors, the more risk I am taking to lose everything"
scale the mobs, ships, everything (of course the rewards etc) accordingly. 
ai crew that advances in level demand extra pay when in low level areas. that way you balance it against High level players hanging out in low threat sectors to gather ressources and such. 
they can of course still do that, but it wouldnt be viable with a large AI crew.

- implement additional types of AI ships:

traders -> always friendly. will have goods for sale and travel from freeport to freeport. 
Players should be able to built "Trade Warehouses" or "Harbors" -> Massive , extremely expensive buildings that would allow to set up AI ships docking at them. 
you can use the warehouse to offer wares and goods for trade / sale. 

players can chose to attack traders but that will have consequences (you / your ship) gets flagges as "Pirate"

the status of "Pirate" counts ftowards the Player captaining the ship, as well as the ship. the more you attack AI ships, the higher your Pirate-Level goes and the more AI notority you gain,. 
Thus Traders will try to run from you and not trade with you anymore, Navy ships will aggro you more , maybe even look for you (on PVP you could expand the mode to offer AI bounies that players can earn to sink the Pirate ship)

Introduce AI navy ships. 

like AI ghost ships but they look like real ships. AND the best part: they dont attack players that are not flagged as PIrate. they actively engage against ghost ships if encountered in the same sector. 
Usually they dont venture into those sectors though

Introduce Whalers

- a new shiptype that specializes in finding and killing those largest beasts for oil and leather and meat. 

maybe a new ressource ? 
some can be sold to the AI for extra gold. 

- AI pirate ships (of course) 

They are extremely rare. and can be found if you agree to do an AI contract to hunt and kill the pirate. like a treasure map it contains the pic of the pirate ship, as well as the last known location (sector)

the easiest pirates travel by sloops, then they scale up to the Galleon for the most dangerous ones... 

- make AI pirates bribable. 

if you encounter AI pirates and they attack first (which should be rare) they are most likely not interested in skining your ship, but want your cargo. so you can either pay them gold to bugger off, fight them, of hand over your cargo. 

roaming vendors too would add to crazyness in pvp and nuetral trade posts.

I read "make the map bigger" and stopped lol... you want more to do? Come to a pvp server, you'll NEVER not have something to do, whether it's defend your base, rebuild it, attack someone elses, etc..

There's not much to do because you're playing on a pve server in a pvp game.

Z

Edited by Znick

While I agree that more content would be nice, I'd think that it would be low on the list of priorities right now. Stability, performance, bug fixes, balancing and anti-cheat are all much higher priority and a more valuable use of their time at this point.

Give them time to handle their business, and more content will come.

Edited by Kidori

Sorry, my English is not that good. 

- I've hoped to build a small harbour where people can refresh their weapons & armory and where you can get food and drinks for the next journey. A little trading station, maybe a Pub

But cooking and farming is curently impossible .. to prepare food takes such a long time and so many different ingredients. And the spoiling time of vegetables and food is by an enourmous fast rate. That thing should be reworked.

To go for exploration other biomes and looking for special ingredients, for example we have no Honey in our sector ...There are too much ghostships outside (they patrol the border at close intervals) the predators on some islands are so hard overpowering ...

- A harbour where UI Trader come to and warehouses is a nice idea

- Maybe there can be a trading Company, where you can get trade orders (bring 100 syrups in 20 days an you will get some gold)

- Navy ships is a nice idea, as an variation of the ghostships

- The Building system should be modified

A lot of people in PvE aren't interested in building an atmosphere. 
Our nighboures had build a gigantic wall out of doorways around there base, it looks so ugly ... 
okay they had a treasure map point right outside there base (like us), maybe thats disturbing

But other Players wants to build a nice Fortress, Harbour .. in atmospheric way

Need f.e. round foundation, walls, crenellations more furnitures 

- a whispering system, that you can talk directly with other gamers

- Other childish players, which are using a language in chat, which brings me to hope they bring a reporting system online. Sexism, rassism, homophobic ... I don't want to see that and i can't ignore, because i think what's wrong with them.

- The claiming system is irritating (3 days oh, really, make vacationsystem, that you can make a security time for your base), the destruction of buildings, ships ... .
Plz Change it
Maybe that's a strategy, so you rent a private server and i think grapeshot gets a rental share.

If you have a job and can not play 24/7, it makes no sense to play on official actually -.- okay it's EA, but ...

Are you beaten the Powerstone Boss? No?

Do you have a working Base on Polar? No?

Ok, now you have something to do!

11 minutes ago, Althena said:

Do you have a working Base on Polar? No?

I discovered a polar island it was literally so cold that I kept dying over and over before I even reached it.  I turned around and died several more times just getting back away from it.  And that was in full fur armor.  Is there a way to get even more insulation to explore the arctic regions?

9 minutes ago, Domino said:

I discovered a polar island it was literally so cold that I kept dying over and over before I even reached it.  I turned around and died several more times just getting back away from it.  And that was in full fur armor.  Is there a way to get even more insulation to explore the arctic regions?

Fur armor, Fortitude, and Equilibrium.

Edit: Campfires and torches.

Edited by Nari