How are we looking on the dedicated server files? Because for dam sure it won't be that laggy and rubberbanding when i host it on my own dedi machine!

Devs have posted they are going to be working on server connections before they give out server files.

If the connection issues are server based and seeing as there going up a full patch every time they update i don't think they want players and or server renters to have to update there game every 2 seconds.

(saying this shroud and lirik have been  on a dedicated server since launch and its the only smooth version of the game Ive seen)

as much as id like server files myself i would rather wait till this is ironed out a tad.

If you plan on sticking with the game then another day without the server files to fix things wont change anything.

Atleast you guys from the US have semi good ping I sit at 400-500 on any server right now

14 minutes ago, Vainesy said:

Devs have posted they are going to be working on server connections before they give out server files.

If the connection issues are server based and seeing as there going up a full patch every time they update i don't think they want players and or server renters to have to update there game every 2 seconds.

(saying this shroud and lirik have been  on a dedicated server since launch and its the only smooth version of the game Ive seen)

as much as id like server files myself i would rather wait till this is ironed out a tad.

If you plan on sticking with the game then another day without the server files to fix things wont change anything.

Atleast you guys from the US have semi good ping I sit at 400-500 on any server right now

Normally that would be fine, but from the experience that people are having with the lunch of the game and connection issues of official servers is not OK!
I would rather want to play an unofficial, non-lag servers at the cost of a couple disconnects. 
Player dedicated hosted servers will also be better performance for users, period.
As for the updates, the time and rate that it takes for the devs to release an update and apply it could still be done faster on unofficial servers since they can be updated from SteamCMD.

Edited by Argy

1 minute ago, Argy said:

Normally that would be fine, but from the experience that people are having with the lunch of the game and connection issues of official servers is not OK!
I would rather want to play an unofficial, non-lag servers at the cost of a couple disconnects. 
Player dedicated hosted servers will also be better performance for users, period.
As for the updates, the time and rate that it takes for the devs to release an update and apply it could still be done faster on unofficial servers since they can be updated from SteamCMD.

I'm not disagreeing with you guys id love to get the files now. i just understand why there not.

they don't wanna risk opening more cans of worms. although at this point maybe they should give us a go at it.

Although i think they should just have host renters running there servers too.

prob a big old delay to give nitrado some cash as there like the only host  that can do unoficcial  and every server is full no doubt they will be making shitloads atm

like u can buy a unofficial with disconnects and bugs so what is the difference in giving it to us so we can do the same instead of paying for it

7 minutes ago, Vainesy said:

I'm not disagreeing with you guys id love to get the files now. i just understand why there not.

they don't wanna risk opening more cans of worms. although at this point maybe they should give us a go at it.

Although i think they should just have host renters running there servers too.

Agreed, although the servers should actually be hosted by dedicated server providers such as OVH, not any of those providers like Vilayer especially if the player cap is at 150.

6 minutes ago, erall0 said:

prob a big old delay to give nitrado some cash as there like the only host  that can do unoficcial  and every server is full no doubt they will be making shitloads atm

like u can buy a unofficial with disconnects and bugs so what is the difference in giving it to us so we can do the same instead of paying for it

It might be possible to host your server since all the files are there.
Could be similar to getting a ARK server up and running since they are pretty much the same game.
survivalservers also allows for people to buy servers as well.

Edited by Argy
  • Like 1

How many Map Squares are possible with this Rig?

I7-8700

64 GB Ram

512 Gb NVME SSD

and 1 Gbit up and down

6 minutes ago, [RG]Colt said:

How many Map Squares are possible with this Rig?

I7-8700

64 GB Ram

512 Gb NVME SSD

and 1 Gbit up and down

Each "server" 1 grid square. The entire map is 144 squares, so 144 servers

Edited by drednoss

28 minutes ago, drednoss said:

Each "server" 1 grid square. The entire map is 144 squares, so 144 servers

Actually, it's 15x15, so 255 squares. That being said, if you can run a virtualized environment, you could run multiple VMs and have multiple grid squares on each physical server.

+1 Dedicated Server Files for the people!
The current hosting companies do not offer server in my country and if they are offer I have no doubt that they will have an almost priceless cost.

Nobody deserves to play this game with 100ms +, please do not make that mistake with us (the people who bought the game).
Thank you for understanding!

8 hours ago, erall0 said:

It's obvious they have some sort of agreement with Nitrado. They have something in place to get updated files to Nitrado, they could literally give us zip files with a readme if they aren't using steam to distribute the server files yet.

49 minutes ago, PersonalJ said:

Even though my account owns the game it can't be downloaded. This Nitrado exclusivity is nonsense.

Steam>app_update 1006030
ERROR! Failed to install app '1006030' (No subscription)

The only info we have at the moment is that they want to fix the server issues before releasing the dedi files to us. Personally, I'd think releasing the files could be more beneficial, as a lot of us who do this are engineers and devs ourselves, and can assist with tracking down issues. It's like.. free crowd-sourced assistance for them.

• Like 1