Kimahri

emergency Claim my base

I redid my companies flags every patch. There is no such thing as 3 day rule. Changed the flags after 6.5 then again 7, 7.5, 8. Seems like every patch land becomes claimable by anyone. Greedy neighbors start to take more of my companies land when it happens especially with land going into ours.

Edited by James_32

It is well broken. A company stole a claim of us. no problem. If they had asked we would have given them it anyway. The annoying part is they tried to steal another beside it. While i am standing in it, they can put a flag down. I try to put a flag down in theirs but no it wont let me... So as you can see its well broken.

11 hours ago, Dumb1Bunny said:

I think their idea of 3 days would be good if it worked. Just so land isn't taken by people that don't play anymore.

It does work just not the way they made it sound. After 72hrs simply replace your flag and you'll reset upkeep. This helps alleviate flag spam too because unless you/they have no life you cant possibly keep up with all your flags across every region.

Edit: What we need is a clear indication of Upkeep. Currently the only people who can see the timer are the land snatchers.

Edited by Nari

It's really hard to find a small spot to put a flag, we found one, we're 2 with only one flag, we build a small house, all is fine, we're active every days

near us there are a 3 ppl compagny, they were offline for days, like +1 week

2 of them came back yesterday and now are trying to steal our flag

they are able to contest and make our flag down while we're online ! in PVE ?!?

wasn't it supposed to be possible only if we're offline for +3 days ??

now they're 2 ppl trying to steal our flag every time we're leaving to explore or gather

our flag is going down and we can't leave for more than 30 mins

they have their 3rd ppl still offline we can't claim their flag, cause his sleeping body has same effect as a living ppl ...

we even can't play same game as them ...

it seems it's harder to be active and to play than to be inactive...

what do we do now ? we can't leave, we can't explore, we can't go on other island or maps to find ressources or we'll going to lose all we have...

how to play like that ?

or is there another exploit to counter this ?

2 minutes ago, Pouik said:

it seems it's harder to be active and to play than to be inactive...

what do we do now ? we can't leave, we can't explore, we can't go on other island or maps to find ressources or we'll going to lose all we have...

how to play like that ?

or is there another exploit to counter this ?

The only thing that remains is to try and survive all the claims till a more stable solution is added to the gam by  the devs. At the momemt I wasnt able to explore for a week due to constant attempts to claim my base. The irony is, that the most safe your base is when you go offline in your base ofcourse lol.

i farmed stones and trees around my house whole evening ... and every 5-10 mins one of these guys came to try to put a flag ...

i saw that some flag aera are much bigger than other, is there ratio with constructions on it ? or is it linked to compagny size ? or other ?

if my flag become much bigger like this, can it "absorb" theirs ? or will i be safer ?

The problem stems from people over using flags in PvE trying to claim islands for themselves. If people weren't allowed to place one or even 2 flags, they wouldn't bother as there would be enough spaces and the A-holes won't be able to try steal from others or an entire island for themselves.

14 hours ago, Goosfraba said:

people also dont seem to realize, the 3day saftey net for claims applys to new claims.. if you had your claim flag down before they changed the system.. you need to replace it.. otherwise your land is free to take.

I'm quoting someone from another thread here, but i also experienced this;

People replaced flags with new ones and still it was not working. And also a big problem is, that replacing is not really possible since for example mine are overlaping with other flags. If I would tear down the old one I would NOT be able to place a new flag simply due to not enough space left.

this need to be fixed, we are having people place flags right by our base, and thus needing someone on flag duty = game is gonna end with people leaving in droves , due to no claims and people stealing bases and getting their stuff 

4 minutes ago, Mahakmar said:

this need to be fixed, we are having people place flags right by our base, and thus needing someone on flag duty = game is gonna end with people leaving in droves , due to no claims and people stealing bases and getting their stuff 

16 hours ago, Asinego said:

We have had the same issue and made a thread about it HERE I now do not want to play the game until this is reesolved.

My company has already quit the game until we're compensated or the bug is fixed.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:42 PM, Kimahri said:

My base has been claim !! I disconnected at 3:00 am and I reconnect at 9:00 am and my base is captured, please correct EMERGENCY this claim system is horrible, how to lose a one week of farm in one night! it's a PVE server !!!!!

what this shit ?? i can't disconnect for sleep !

Same thing happened to me.  

I have been solo playing since launch. Endless grinding to build something up on a leftover rock that nobody wanted. 

gs5Ygz3.jpg

I had 2 rafts, 2 Sloops, a Schooner and a little dinghy. Besides that also a big house full stocked with 1000's of items / resources. 

Today I logged out for 4 hours and after I logged in again I was dead and had no more beds to spawn on. On the map I saw all my flags taken, except for 1 in the sea in front of the rock. So everything I worked for all those days, lost in a couple of hours of being offline. This shouldn't be possible to happen on a PVE, in such a short period of time.

I couldn't even be bothered to go back there from freeport to check what's left / happened. Just closed the game and I'll set it aside for a while. Maybe check back after a couple of weeks or months to see what it's current state is. At the moment it's undoable and above all completely unfair for solo players to have any (long lasting) fun with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Same thing happened to me. Also a solo player.. login, said I was dead, I had 3 beds all gone. No ships or raft. 

PVE is for us players who want to enjoy the game. And don't have to continue to look behide your back. And hope no one trying to kill you and take your stuff.

Those Asshole that on PVE that sinking your ships taking your claim. Needs to go on the PVP servers. 

I guess there on PVE cause they will get rekt on PVP.. so they play on PVE to rekt us. 

So sad😥

• Haha 1

The argument made here is quite simple:

We have nothing, we have the right to take yours.

And we do.

Then 3 days later.. those same thieves are the ones being taken from.  And 3 days after that.. the same thing.  It never ends.

People have spent a week+ building up a base, building nice houses, building ships, now they've lost everything.  And in 3 days time.. all you griefers.. you'll be loosing it as well.

At the moment on eu pve we have people who steal land, demo everything, sail away, steal more land, demo everything, sail away.

GS are doing nothing about it.  In fact like the griefers, they seem to think this is the entire point of the game.

So the real question is what are we the decent players going to do about it?

We have 3 options.

1/ Move to a private server.

2/ Quit the game.

3/ Become the griefer.

Edited by Martyn

11 minutes ago, Martyn said:

GS are doing nothing about it.  In fact like the griefers, they seem to think this is the entire point of the game.

Maybe this is how they envision their game. I'm not dismissing the issue(s) or the fact that players could actually be experiencing issues with 3day grace. But for our alliance is has been working as intended and we've been able to protect our shit by replacing flags and checking upkeep for each other. and using beds to fast travel when out at sea. We don't have to lose sleep camping our flags because upkeep is working as intended. We also had the foresight to claim the water that would overlap out land flags if someone claimed. Which is imo the only priority issue with PvE claims that NEEDS to be fixed is overlap. (As well as a way to see upkeep on your own flags.)

Edited by Nari

12 hours ago, Poind3xt3r said:

Lawless

+1 Only have to log in once every 4 days to keep your stuff and use rafts/ships for beds, but it beats haveing to play 24/7

@Martyn i went with 3 companie i heard a lot of sh× about in 1 grid away moved into our grid and island took over my allies buildings and my shipyard , when they started taking over my building and i coudnd even stop it while staying in it i warned them i will sink the schooner they have if theu dont remove that flag . Well they didnt listen so i demolished my stone house and used the materials to sink it oh how pissed they were . Now im back to looking for new land but at least its not a complete fresh start already had 5 of those . This time i still have a schooner and a sloop fully loaded with everything i need + about 1000 rifle and pistol ammo , needed to lose weight so turned most of my metal into ammo.