Exair

Land Claiming Protection

Is there actually any way to protect a claim?  We lost our original base last night despite replacing the flags and regularly visiting the area.. now we are repeatedly being contested for our second base.

Is this just a bugged system or are we doing anything wrong?

Cheers.

System is flawed,I got people steal my claims until they overlapped my base,now my base have intermittent ownership,some of my stuff became the stealers ownership,some still mine..dont think they realize it yet cause they can come break my previous built gates and let anyone go in steal my stuff..

Only protection it seems is when your offline sleeping in your base they cant steal it for 3 days..

So thats how im repayed for been active player..

Im just gone quit the game for now,and log on a bit each day so they cant steal at least the minimum I still have.

Edited by darcek

yes .... the claims on pve servers shoult be protected for 3-4 days when you are active in this claim. so you can set sails and are not forced to spawn on the ispand every hour because someone tries to steal your land. and overlapping should be permitted. we just had a guy who build a flag on sea, puts a yard at the cost and so was able to place another flag wich would not be destroyed when we enter the claim.

I understand that there must be a way to easy claim land which is abandoned, but not this way. This way is a mess.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, don said:

yes .... the claims on pve servers shoult be protected for 3-4 days when you are active in this claim. so you can set sails and are not forced to spawn on the ispand every hour because someone tries to steal your land. and overlapping should be permitted. we just had a guy who build a flag on sea, puts a yard at the cost and so was able to place another flag wich would not be destroyed when we enter the claim.

I understand that there must be a way to easy claim land which is abandoned, but not this way. This way is a mess.

couldn't have said it myself.

Yeah we constantly had people trying to steal our claims despite being constantly active; got to the point said screw it had a Ship of the Damned that spawned close to shore so used it to bombarded their house, then turned over our claim to another person on the island, and will be moving to a private server.

Put AI NPC's in your claims to protect them.  They will fight manning cannons or by hand.

(this assumes you arent there to protect them)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, archaegeo said:

Put AI NPC's in your claims to protect them.  They will fight manning cannons or by hand.

(this assumes you arent there to protect them)

This, and NPC tamed animals.. wolves, lions, tigers, snakes.. all work.  

Then there is the sleeping in your base NEAR your flag.   I like to put my flag in the center of my base and build around it... then place a wall around that... I have then placed small bed huts near each of my nearby flags.. incase I need to spawn on one of them.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hodo said:

This, and NPC tamed animals.. wolves, lions, tigers, snakes.. all work.  

Then there is the sleeping in your base NEAR your flag.   I like to put my flag in the center of my base and build around it... then place a wall around that... I have then placed small bed huts near each of my nearby flags.. incase I need to spawn on one of them.  

A little planning goes a long way.

I will 100% agree there is problems with the land claim system, too many lawless regions, the ability to place multiple claims per person, unlimited company sizes, etc. 

But you can protect what you have to an extent with some planning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Exair said:

Is there actually any way to protect a claim?  We lost our original base last night despite replacing the flags and regularly visiting the area.. now we are repeatedly being contested for our second base.

Is this just a bugged system or are we doing anything wrong?

Cheers.

No, this is wildcards intent. Eventually the Megas will take the entire globe and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Pve, Active last night, logged in and some walls and floors were someone else's.  Claim Flag status green, even dropped a buoy near my shack before logging out.  Logged in this afternoon, both beds destroyed.  This is theoretically impossible on PvP never mind PvE.

Yes lets add claim protection when claiming is exactly the issue. One man companies can claim whole islands to themselves and you want to give them claim protection? ahahah get real.

The whole claim system needs to be reworked from the ground up. Increase the claim radius but make it so you can only have one claim flag per person. That means smaller companies still get piece of the pie but larger companies get a larger piece.

Maybe then you can add some kinda temp claim protection or just increase the time it takes to take over a claim.

Another issues is there is no turrets or anything we can use for offline protection like there is in Ark. and having tames just running around isnt a solution. They are easy to keep from range.

Edited by Andro Bourne

Thanks all for the input, just wanted to check if we were actually doing something wrong and it seems we aren't.

Agree you shouldn't be able to protect forever, nor control entire islands as a small company but you should be able to protect at least one area providing it's active and maintained on a regular basis otherwise you are essentially putting all of your time in for it all to be lost in one night when sleeping..

Think we will use the advice above and set up a small area with some turrets/tames etc so hopefully can keep that going as there is only 4 of us in our company.

5 hours ago, don said:

yes .... the claims on pve servers shoult be protected for 3-4 days when you are active in this claim.

This may be the end goal eventually, but currently in PvE you have to replace your flags to regain 3day grace. Being Active isn't enough.

The system is not just flawed, it is completely broken.

We took land less than 24 hours ago and it  was taken overnight by a third party company along with a swathe of other territory. 

All of the territory currently being contested against us was claimed within the last 3 days post the changes to land claim and we cannot take it back from any of them as they have upkeep timers which are counting into the negatives.

It doesn't make sense that sometimes I can't even attempt to claim somebody else's land, but ours is always claimable - something is missing here for sure..

Well, just spent 3 hours this evening rafting out trying to find a shred of beach to claim.  Nothing.  Not a scrap of unclaimed land to be found.

I don't think I should have to start PvPing on a PvE server to get a small bit of land, so ho hum.  

*shrugs* (in lofty resignation for another fruitless play session).  Right now I'm dead on a beach somewhere, zerged by snakes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, don said:

okej, good point, but take a look on the 1 and 15 band. it's full there with claimed land. noting standing on the land. would be stupid to not be able to reclaim it in 3-4 days. just sleep in your bed when you go offline. I think the system is fine. make it not be able to claim land where players of the land are standing on. if they are offline, and not standing on it. then they probably claimed way to much anyway.

On 1/1/2019 at 2:02 PM, Coggage said:

Pve, Active last night, logged in and some walls and floors were someone else's.  Claim Flag status green, even dropped a buoy near my shack before logging out.  Logged in this afternoon, both beds destroyed.  This is theoretically impossible on PvP never mind PvE.

On the PVE server this is wrong.  But on PVP server this is fine.

You can damage things on the PVP server with weapons, animals, and artillery.   On the PVP server if you built a thatch hut with thatched walls, you can beat though them in a few minutes with axes.  If you have several people you can do it in less time.  If an aggressive animal comes by like an Alpha Lion, Alpha Giant Snake, or Alpha Wolf they will aggro on your sleeping body, and will attempt to get to you damaging anything in the way.  So you have to plan for that too.

An Alpha Wolf will do 20-30pts of damage per attack, or about 15-25DPS until they get drawn off by something else or get to you.   

35 minutes ago, Hodo said:

On the PVE server this is wrong.  But on PVP server this is fine.

I agree wholeheartedly.  That said, some damage is just crazy.  I saw someone's Shipyard taking 324hp of damage each attack... from an Alpha Snake.  It was too tough for me to help a guy out, because I felt sorry for him.  He wasn't on the server because it was maybe midnight and the Shipyard was down 20,000hp and the snake had the whole night ahead of it.  😕

Edited by Coggage

Hey guys. Can you help me out finding out how to claim a land on a lawless island. Or is that not possible?