Casey.Ambraelle

Skills Forum Section

Arr these skill trees be a bloody mess  and we could use a dedicated Skills forum section with subsections for the specific professions so we can discus skills in general and each profession in detail. I think there are professions that are locked behind paths that doesn't make sense. Why do I need to learn how to build a boat to be a captain or a pirate? The guys swinging hammers and working in a shipyard aren't the same guys that go to naval academy, tho they both might turn to a life of piracy. Why is music and dance looked behind pirate thats locked behind shipwright? The ability to build rafts should be in survivalist, unlocked early and able to be built from inventory so its useful at lower levels and anyone can build them.  Giving pirate a buff to damage a single mob type seems like a waste. Melee weapons should be unlocked in survivalist w/o having to spend points in unarmed. The Basics, Tools of the Trade, Water Keeper skills in  Survivalist should be condensed into a single skill and the paths reworked to unlock adv career paths. Once an adv path is unlocked it should be be unlocked and not have to buy the unlock (i.e. having to buy the Construction & Mercantilism unlock after training The Basics)

We'll save the jumbled spaghetti lines of confusion that is the UI for another thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree with making a subform for this.  The rest I need more playtime to truly argue for or against any changes.

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2019 at 7:06 AM, Casey.Ambraelle said:

Arr these skill trees be a bloody mess  and we could use a dedicated Skills forum section with subsections for the specific professions so we can discus skills in general and each profession in detail. I think there are professions that are locked behind paths that doesn't make sense. Why do I need to learn how to build a boat to be a captain or a pirate? The guys swinging hammers and working in a shipyard aren't the same guys that go to naval academy, tho they both might turn to a life of piracy. Why is music and dance looked behind pirate thats locked behind shipwright? The ability to build rafts should be in survivalist, unlocked early and able to be built from inventory so its useful at lower levels and anyone can build them.  Giving pirate a buff to damage a single mob type seems like a waste. Melee weapons should be unlocked in survivalist w/o having to spend points in unarmed. The Basics, Tools of the Trade, Water Keeper skills in  Survivalist should be condensed into a single skill and the paths reworked to unlock adv career paths. Once an adv path is unlocked it should be be unlocked and not have to buy the unlock (i.e. having to buy the Construction & Mercantilism unlock after training The Basics)

We'll save the jumbled spaghetti lines of confusion that is the UI for another thread

These are all extremely valid points.  The skill tree just looks like a jumbled mess of ideas slapped together without much thought as to their actual purpose or function.  Like every time a new idea popped up you just slapped it in the middle of whatever tree you were working on then branched off from there.  It needs scrapped mostly and rebuilt to function better before you can ever find a way to balance skill points.  It should allow build diversity where you can make choices and have some quality of life skills and one profession.  If at that point you choose to give up on one or the other then you'd be in more than one profession or have lots of tricks up your sleeve.  As it is currently not much feels attainable or even worth the points.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Casey.Ambraelle said:

The added skill points have allowed me to explore more skill trees which has been nice. Still haven't found a way to unlock Tarot tree yet.

:skull:

I don't believe Tarot is in the game yet. :hook:

• Thanks 1

You get the Tarot by killing bosses or something, but I don't think it is in the game yet.

There's a rather nice Skill Calculator at https://atlascalculator.com/ which I find very useful.

Edited by Coggage
  • Thanks 1