I even just redownload my editor from github. And I saw that the last edit day was 3 days ago. So I think I got the newest version also.

But just don't know why only I cannot control the spawn rate. I can control the damned ship level but just cannot control the spawn rate. It is a really strange issue.

52 minutes ago, HelixU4 said:

Works fine with my map file. I've been working on the same map since day one. Maybe you are using an older GridEditor?

Remember that there is a big difference between Ghost Ship and Ship Of the Damned.

The ghost ship is a boss and has only one spawn. It looks like the black pearl from pirates of the Caribbean, only it glows green. And appears from the bottom of the sea.
The damned are the ship that has spikes in the back and just cruise around

Yeah but it work for the damned ship I don't know why but I can see the difference with and without.

Edited by TBLK

2 hours ago, chun1617 said:

I even just redownload my editor from github. And I saw that the last edit day was 3 days ago. So I think I got the newest version also.

But just don't know why only I cannot control the spawn rate. I can control the damned ship level but just cannot control the spawn rate. It is a really strange issue.

Man I'm out of ideas, only one I can think of left is to purge the database by stopping redis and atlas server and run the clearall.bat in AtlasTools, and delete the content in the Saved folder. This wipes the server and starts it fresh.

With the damned spawnrate tweak added in the GridEditor ofc.

3 hours ago, chun1617 said:

Do you have ship paths on the map? Ship of the damned are currently turned on by default to spawn without ship paths.

59 minutes ago, Wilddogsgamer said:

Do you have ship paths on the map? Ship of the damned are currently turned on by default to spawn without ship paths.

do you mean i must have at least one ship path to make the setting work?

11 minutes ago, chun1617 said:

do you mean i must have at least one ship path to make the setting work?

No, I am asking you if you do have ship paths. If you have ship paths, it could explain why you would still have 20 ship of the damned.

its dont work for me. 

"NPCShipNumMult" 0 (or 0.1 ...0.x ) 

when i use "destroywilddinos"

they respawn instantaly with 4 - 6 ship of damned...  

i can't wipe my server because i have some players on it. 

did you have other tools for it?

55 minutes ago, Wilddogsgamer said:

No, I am asking you if you do have ship paths. If you have ship paths, it could explain why you would still have 20 ship of the damned.

But sadly I have non-of the path on the grids. So it is strange that the ocean still spawning the damned ship.

6 hours ago, HelixU4 said:

Very strange. Then I'm out of options. It works fine on my server, and a lot of other people have it working fine too.
That is at least the config that is needed to reduce the spawn rate of the damned.

I noticed mine added a space trailing instead of a comma needed for XML to work. Testing again with the training comma.

1 hour ago, Wilddogsgamer said:

Ship of the damned does not use Paths, they sail around in random patterns.

Ghost Ship uses the ship path, but the Ghost ship is only one ship, it is a boss, it looks like black pearl from the pirates of the Caribbean but it glows ghostly green. And it appears from the bottom of the sea.

Ship of the Damned, or damned for short, are just "pirates" sailing the sea in random patterns. Just like animals on land. And their ship has spikes on their back, and glows blue orange and green, depending on the rarity and how badass they are.

There is a lot of misconception about Ghost ship and the damned. The damned is abundantly spawned everywhere, while the ghost ship is not seen as often.

I helped a guy here at the forums last night, we tried everything, everything was correct, but nothing worked. He could not change grids.

The solution was a server wipe. In AtlasTools, run the clearall.bat and then delete everything in Saved folder. Start fresh. And that also did the trick, hes server is now working fine and smooth as jazz.

So if you want to try, stop redis, stop atlas server, and do the thing above.

• Thanks 1

I had to do a complete wipe of my saves and the Redis database to get Damn spawns down to reasonable levels.

Did I understand this thread correctly: When you edit the json and add the ship path, those are the one red and two block circles with lines attached to them, you established the path of the ghost ship?  

I don't suppose anyone found another way to get this to work?  I'm not interested in doing a database wipe at this time.

Stuck in the boat of changed values for NPCShipNumMult don't seem to be making a difference.

I don't like ghost ship  (alien !? my opinion, this is no ghost).

They have harasser comportment. Is not fun.

DkO3j.jpgqJmxJ.jpg

that is not a ghost ship that is a damned ship.   With the latest patch your base and anchored ships are safe unless you engage.  Based on my testing (full redis wipes)  It seems that the current settings are for three of them at a time to harass you   (four in polar, five in golden).   Reducing NPCShipNumMul seems to reduce how many swarm you but see others posts it seems to require a full redis wipe to take.

Edited by krazmuze

Are you sure it requires a redis wipe? Unless I got lucky I tried it once and just wiped the save file, and it worked. But otherwise yes, it does get stuck without some type of wipe and my suspicion is that it's something to do with the NPCZoneManager (or NPCShipZoneManager I believe) only fetching the setting once, unlike the difficulty settings).

The same appears to be happening with whales, I can't change their spawn rate without wiping the save file.

Edited by Ixel