There should be an option to change the ownership of a ship without the necessity to claim. An option where you give away your ship voluntarily. Wit that option you could sell ships to other players or tribes. Why should you do that? Well for gold or for roleplay. You could banish people from your tribe and set them out in the ocean on a raft that they can actually interact with.

• Like 12

Can agree with the idea, there is nothing to trae ingame actually, no real system to do it ... For a game that called itself "EvE Online on the Seas" ... We're far from it and i hope devs will do what they need to male it up for it, or i wont be happy about that 😄

Edited by HANABI
  • Like 2

This should apply to structures as well, giving incentive for people to give up claimed land for a price. This creates an alternate approach to land grabs and a motivation for continued piracy of claims in order to flip them. In general a trade window would be helpful in securely doing deals.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Hector of Troy said:

This should apply to structures as well, giving incentive for people to give up claimed land for a price. This creates an alternate approach to land grabs and a motivation for continued piracy of claims in order to flip them. In general a trade window would be helpful in securely doing deals.

You would have to be crazy to buy land that could then be taken away from you in 45 minutes after you log out. Till the claiming system is fixed the best you can to is keep trying to steal it.

there are so many different yet interconnected issues to deal with before the land and tax system will run well.

• Like 1

With the ranking system , the ability to unclaim ships should be a non-issue now. This would allow ship building companies to build and compete for business without waking up to all the ships given away by an insider.We could allow folks who are no longer with the company to part with a ship to find their own way.

• Like 2

On 1/23/2019 at 8:24 AM, engraverwilliam said:

With the ranking system , the ability to unclaim ships should be a non-issue now. This would allow ship building companies to build and compete for business without waking up to all the ships given away by an insider.We could allow folks who are no longer with the company to part with a ship to find their own way.

Not true in all servers. We had a guy down teh beach from us who tried this: only to find out he could only unclaim a built ship in parts, and when the buyer tried to claim, they could only claim teh sails. Meaning: that was all they got. The ship was worthless, as it couldn't be sailed. They couldn't pull up anchor, or even get on the wheel.

When selling ships, you're better off just making the parts to spec and handing them over at payment for your buyer to assemble at their own shipyard right now.

Edited by blindtale

I was hoping this would have been a thing when I first started. I planned to make it by making and selling ships I made. Only to find that no one can do bugger all with them. Even if you steal a ship all you can do is sink it.

They really need to set it so if you steal a ship, or if you unclaimed, then it and EVERYTHING goes to the new owner. I would say maybe not the crew, let the crew be a defense of sort, they fight you off the ship or refuse to follow you less you bribe them once you steal the ship.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Argh! said:

Because this game is billed as a "PIRATE" game (mostly younger) players have assumed a faulty and misguided persona of trolling and messing with people.

I suspect what many of us have in mind for this game is more of the "Privateer" version of pirates -- Historically Pirates were not all "Criminal" -- many were hired by governments to mess with rival countries or companies. Piracy only thrives when there is a thriving resource trade -- Merchants!! <-- I'm sure this is in the works...

Here are some ideas that might be fairly easy to implement:

Craft-able MARKET (like the Bank) -- Allows players to put up resources, ships, animals, and gear, for sale on their own land. <-- also a taxable resource

TRADE HOUSE/TABLE/CHEST -- Similar to above, but allowing for a safe trade/transfer interface similar to other MMO''s where two parties can put up their individual offer, and either accept or decline.

Property TITLES -- For any "Claimable" (ships, animals, land, even chests or connected foundations) allow the player to generate a "Title" that can be put up for sale or traded to another player. Titles would just be another commodity.Â ï»ż

Issue LETTERS OF MARQUE -- These were given to captains of renown to "legally" hunt rival ships. <-- This would allow for a second layer of company interaction. Not allies, but a hired guns (cannons) <-- they could receive a (negotiated) cut of the profits, or run off with the loot and gain a price on their head. This would allow for limited PVP on PVE servers. If the player gets a price on their head, they are fair game for PC's as well as NPC's <-- It's important the the bounty be assigned by the game, not other players... this is just another avenue for trolling.

AHRR!

Above is a related "Suggestion" post I made earlier... It feels like the "Property Title" portion of this might facilitate selling ships. Vote it up if you agree..

• Like 4

Many players like myself came from ark, we love building and we love breeding and also where we could be  traders. Like every pirate movie and game there were always traders. This would be amazing to be bale to sell ships, this helps people set up shops for planks, matts etc could open huge market also help those who work double shifts and need a ship but no time to make one but like to get maps and treasure. Please look into this claiming or selling the ship deed.

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more, with the suggestion to sell your ships. Would be great for people who are a bit more capable in designing things, to sell them and for those who cant build, or dont like to spend time on it, a great way to sail nice ships. 

It would also be nice to have some sort of blueprint system implemented.

• Like 1