Sign in to follow this  
LSG

Worst PVE balance ever

This is by far the worst pve balance I've ever seen in a game, were on a brig. We get screwed over by calm wind, the Ships of the Damned are not affected by the wind so you can't out run them and the base weight of ships are garbage so you can't carry enough repair supplies and not be over weight and slow. Then at the same time you have MASSIVE aggro range of a whale that is even faster than ship of the damned and destroy 10-14 planks in 1 hit. 

So many AI ships still spawn it's insane, do you play your own game!? 5-7 ships all around you like what the hell, limit the amount of ships per tile already.

• Like 2

Not to mention the crazy amount of predators who are super agressive and hunt in packs, at lower levels or worse equipment and solo play you are doomed in these scenarios.

• Like 2

When it is fully released, I'm optimistic the balance will be better.  By then they'll have released a bunch more stuff and have it all balanced (hopefully) as a whole.  There probably isn't much point in balancing each system prior to adding them all in.  Then they're balancing the same systems over, and over, and over, and slowing the entire development process down.

2 hours ago, Domino said:

When it is fully released, I'm optimistic the balance will be better.  By then they'll have released a bunch more stuff and have it all balanced (hopefully) as a whole.  There probably isn't much point in balancing each system prior to adding them all in.  Then they're balancing the same systems over, and over, and over, and slowing the entire development process down.

So just leave the whale and let it oneshot ships that take days to build 

Just now, quazythain said:

So just leave the whale and let it oneshot ships that take days to build 

Hence “the balance will be better”. 

2 hours ago, Domino said:

True, the balancing will be better, (hopefully). However, not fixing things as theyre added in, means there is a pile of stuff to be fixed, with increased chance of fudging something up in the process.
Fixing, and balancing as they add stuff, makes a playable game, with feedback that actually is current and usefull, reducing the amounts of bugs later down the road, as there is less stuff to balance out and fix in the end.

I have to say that I have no such experiences with ghostships at all. Our company was sailing with our 14 cannon schooner and saw maybe 20 ghostships. Only 1 approached us so close that we saw his hit points before tuning away... We didn't get to fight them. Last night took a cruise with raft and saw just one ghostship in distant horizon during our 3 hour trip. That's in EU Pve. 

So this is a video that shows the 10 minutes that my shadow play was able to get. Still doesn't even show the worst of it. It baffles me that they "reduced" the ghost ship spawn by 60% and this shit still happens. Also, there needs to be a serious look at ship weight. I understand there is a need to not allow a disgusting number of cannons but establish a point system like sails. Swivel cannon: 0.25 point, Medium Cannon: 1 point, Large Cannon 1.5 points. Ships could be as such: Sloop 5 points, schooner 13 points, brigantine 26 points and galleon 38 points and drastically increase the weight limit of all the ships since being under 50% weight is essential to be able to move at a speed to be able to outrun the insane quantity of ghost ships and the ridiculous whales. Heres the video to show the great balance of the game

Edited by ShadowFlea
Bad youtube link initially

44 minutes ago, ShadowFlea said:

So this is a video that shows the 10 minutes that my shadow play was able to get. Still doesn't even show the worst of it. It baffles me that they "reduced" the ghost ship spawn by 60% and this shit still happens. Also, there needs to be a serious look at ship weight. I understand there is a need to not allow a disgusting number of cannons but establish a point system like sails. Swivel cannon: 0.25 point, Medium Cannon: 1 point, Large Cannon 1.5 points. Ships could be as such: Sloop 5 points, schooner 13 points, brigantine 26 points and galleon 38 points and drastically increase the weight limit of all the ships since being under 50% weight is essential to be able to move at a speed to be able to outrun the insane quantity of ghost ships and the ridiculous whales. Heres the video to show the great balance of the game

They reduced the ships damage for 60%. The spawns have been reduced with 20%, but for that to take affect, you need to take the ships down. 

This is from a few patch notes ago. Then they also did another 20%, at one point we had 5 ghost ships around us. 

- Reduced Army of the Damned ships spawn rate by 60%

6 hours ago, Domino said:

did you play ark?

50 minutes ago, LSG said:

This is from a few patch notes ago. Then they also did another 20%, at one point we had 5 ghost ships around us. 

- Reduced Army of the Damned ships spawn rate by 60%

But I do wonder, if it has been reduced for 80%, why are there still that many people complaining? Does that mean the fix didn’t do anything or are there people that didn’t kill them? Because that is necessary to take affect. I see a big difference in the ghost ships spawns, but evidently not everyone.. 

2 minutes ago, Percieval said:

But I do wonder, if it has been reduced for 80%, why are there still that many people complaining? Does that mean the fix didn’t do anything or are there people that didn’t kill them? Because that is necessary to take affect. I see a big difference in the ghost ships spawns, but evidently not everyone.. 

think some of them remained unchanged and are lvl 40+. so it might be faster to wipe rather then hope peeps kill all of them once.

I've noticed in the tundra and polar tiles the ghostships spawns are insane...

Even the wild animal spawns are way too high, has anyone else tried diving for shipwrecks? You get surrounded by 10's of aggressive sea creatures and you just can't do anything, as soon as you touch the water and start diving down it starts spawning everything near you to come kill you. You can try to pull everything up and kill it, but as soon as you start going back down it spawns everything again.

Anyone got tips on diving and dealing with the sea creatures?

Edited by LSG