Sign in to follow this  
Leynor

Breeding

I just tamed a Male and Female wolf and have them together in my animal pen.  I've never played Ark but someone who has suggested that I set them both to Wander to begin the breeding process.  

Has anyone successfully bred in Atlas?  Is this all I need to do?  How long does it take?  Any suggestions/feedback/help would be appreciated!

i tamed a wolf in the zone im trying to breed them in and they wont breed

Both the male and female wolfs I tamed are in the zone that I tamed em in and am trying to breed.  Im not sure I see what you are saying

Sometimes the animal will have a thing above its head that says it's in the wrong biome to breed.  This is what hes talking about when he says wrong zone.  I have only noticed it when we are transporting animals across the sea.

Wolf breeding is not ingame yet, you will see when it Shows "enable wander to ate" in tooltip

gotcha.  thanks for telling me wolf breeding isn't in yet.  There is an enable wander in the radial though

7 hours ago, Goldfish The Builder said:

Have to be in correct zone per animal type to breed. Takes longer then ark

Oh good lord...kill me now.  Longer?  Glad I am on an unofficial.  The owner can boost that, I am assuming.  If not, a mod will be out in time to correct that.

3 hours ago, hillbillyal said:

Sometimes the animal will have a thing above its head that says it's in the wrong biome to breed.  This is what hes talking about when he says wrong zone.  I have only noticed it when we are transporting animals across the sea.

Would love to get some Elephants, but how in the heck do you get an Elephant onto a Brigantine?

Also, I know what they are after.  They want you to trade and barter for something like Elephants.  No, sorry, I won't.  I won't trust somebody to give me the best they have.  I would fully expect a company to run two lines of Elephants.  One with the best stats for themselves, and one with lesser stats, to sell.  Not going to do that.  Will wait for the mod that disables that "feature."  If no mods come along, the server owner can just drastically shorten the breeding cycle.  So you breed them after you buy them, on that Island.  The other option is to have an Ally there that allows you to keep your breeders there.  In turn, he keeps his breeder wolves in your base.