xababa

The claim territory is not displayed on the map

Hello, on the dedicated server or when I'm claiming a zone or an enemy the claim we can not see anything on our map 
no round red or green. Can you tell me what to do on the server to see ?. Thank you in advance.
Edited by xababa
  • Like 1

I would fourth that. Is there a setting in the json we can add to allow this to show up on the maps? @Jatheish any way you could find this out or let us know if there is a setting for this.

Hey everyone! :classic_smile:
Same problem here! Is it possible make claimed territory shown on the map atm or this functionality will be released in future for dedicated servers? Please give an answer if someone knows.

Same, no one seems to be able to figure this out. Even with the great community on the server support discord no one has figured it out yet. 

13 hours ago, Psychoboy said:

Same, no one seems to be able to figure this out. Even with the great community on the server support discord no one has figured it out yet. 

That's very bad news personally for me, and I guess for most dedi servers community. Btw I hope we will hear answer from support guys here... :classic_huh:

Hold down H and you can see the claim bubble and its territory. But this doesnt help it showing on the map

Just a thought here. I started a server and it is a PvP server by default. What if we can put it to PvE? Does that help with the flags?
I have not played on the official PvP servers and dont know if there are any red dots.

1 hour ago, KrystofIO said:

It is getting 'fixed'.  It requires intervention by your dedicated server administrator by utilizing the evolving tool here:

https://github.com/GrapeshotGames/AtlasTerritoryMap

Any help with that would be appreciated. Specifically with the dependencies and what to do with them. When I run AtlasTerritoryMap.exe It get this over and over forever

Getting markers for game image
game CRCs matched so skipping generation

1 hour ago, smooreace said:

Any help with that would be appreciated. Specifically with the dependencies and what to do with them. When I run AtlasTerritoryMap.exe It get this over and over forever

Getting markers for game image
game CRCs matched so skipping generation

I'm probably going to do a write up on this and how I got it running on my oblong rectangle grid with proper scaling (the current version doesn't seem to handle anything but squares - oblong grid claim bubbles are offset improperly) in the next day, but in general, it looks like you've got it up and running, that's normal output.  At the highest level:

This is what I've deduced playing with it a little last night:

1. The URL it generates from that json configuration you edited is inserted into the Redis DB and passed to the clients to download, that's why you need the IP and port open but you don't actually do anything with that yourself for game claim generation.  That's why going to http://yourip:8881 just gives a basic index.html, it's not actually meant for you to view in a browser as much as it's queried via the game clients.

(If you're feeling froggy you can see the URL get inserted into the redis DB if you poke around the redis keys)

2. The markers is essentially a list of claims that the program iterates over during each pass, and it generates the claim map overlay each time a claim changes.  If claims have not changed (a hash check) - the game overlay is not regenerated, that's why you're seeing that message.

3. You should, if you have a square map, see the claim bubbles appear in the in-game map already (assuming you've tied the game map into the same redis DB as the territory map executable).  If you have an oblong rectangle, you'll see them but they'll be a little bit off, at least they were for me, even with the serversX and Y change in the config.  That issue has been reported by another on the github site, so I may hack my own patch until that is addressed.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Edited by KrystofIO
URL tweak