xababa

The claim territory is not displayed on the map

1 hour ago, Nelson Sandalwood said:

isn't that an external website that players need to switch to?

That's GrapeshotGame's utility code base for (currently) two primary functions:

1. Server Grid Map Editing

2. Atlas Claim Territory Mapping

Both for dedicated servers.

Game players don't use that site at all.  This is only for dedicated server administrators to utilize.

14 hours ago, KrystofIO said:

I'm probably going to do a write up on this and how I got it running on my oblong rectangle grid with proper scaling (the current version doesn't seem to handle anything but squares - oblong grid claim bubbles are offset improperly) in the next day, but in general, it looks like you've got it up and running, that's normal output.  At the highest level:

This is what I've deduced playing with it a little last night:

1. The URL it generates from that json configuration you edited is inserted into the Redis DB and passed to the clients to download, that's why you need the IP and port open but you don't actually do anything with that yourself for game claim generation.  That's why going to http://yourip:8881 just gives a basic index.html, it's not actually meant for you to view in a browser as much as it's queried via the game clients.

(If you're feeling froggy you can see the URL get inserted into the redis DB if you poke around the redis keys)

2. The markers is essentially a list of claims that the program iterates over during each pass, and it generates the claim map overlay each time a claim changes.  If claims have not changed (a hash check) - the game overlay is not regenerated, that's why you're seeing that message.

3. You should, if you have a square map, see the claim bubbles appear in the in-game map already (assuming you've tied the game map into the same redis DB as the territory map executable).  If you have an oblong rectangle, you'll see them but they'll be a little bit off, at least they were for me, even with the serversX and Y change in the config.  That issue has been reported by another on the github site, so I may hack my own patch until that is addressed.

Hope that helps a little bit.

I'm getting client sent auth but no password is set error. I have a password on my server but I need to add that somewhere?

Remember kids.. this thing is a server. Your clients have to be able to see it.

After testing, we found this thing wouldn't work without both TCP & UDP opened in firewall. So 8881 needs to be open.

Another thing I found (as I run my servers behind nat).. host *had* to be filled out to be my external IP (same as SeamlessIP).

So remember to
- If you need (nat), add external IP to the Host option in config.
- Open it in firewall
- If needed, forward the port (your players have to be able to hit it)
- Ensure it can access your redis.

49 minutes ago, BaradineAllawa said:

Remember kids.. this thing is a server. Your clients have to be able to see it.

After testing, we found this thing wouldn't work without both TCP & UDP opened in firewall. So 8881 needs to be open.

Another thing I found (as I run my servers behind nat).. host *had* to be filled out to be my external IP (same as SeamlessIP).

So remember to
- If you need (nat), add external IP to the Host option in config.
- Open it in firewall
- If needed, forward the port (your players have to be able to hit it)
- Ensure it can access your redis.

I opened the port and added my external ip before I started for my testing but I get, warning! err client sent auth, but no password is set error. It can access my redis just fine, I tested it by closing it and it errored out saying it could no longer reach it.

3 minutes ago, wuping said:

I opened the port and added my external ip before I started for my testing but I get, warning! err client sent auth, but no password is set error. It can access my redis just fine, I tested it by closing it and it errored out saying it could no longer reach it.

Odd. I haven't seen anything that'd cause that.

6 minutes ago, BaradineAllawa said:

Odd. I haven't seen anything that'd cause that.

indeed, I checked my servergrid file and I don't have any S3secretkeys set.

Edited by wuping

6 hours ago, wuping said:

I'm getting client sent auth but no password is set error. I have a password on my server but I need to add that somewhere?

Have you customized *anything* in your redis database's config outside port and password (the ACTUAL redis database config - not just the territory generator json)?  Are you using a dedicated redis install instead of the AtlasTools redis version?  I'm wondering if either of those two things, if true for you, might be part of the issue.  I haven't seen that myself, but all I changed on my redis-config is the port and password, and of course aligning the claim generator's config accordingly.

If I find anything out about it I'll update my guide here:
https://krystof.io/setting-up-claim-markers-on-an-atlas-dedicated-server/

8 hours ago, KrystofIO said:

Have you customized *anything* in your redis database's config outside port and password (the ACTUAL redis database config - not just the territory generator json)?  Are you using a dedicated redis install instead of the AtlasTools redis version?  I'm wondering if either of those two things, if true for you, might be part of the issue.  I haven't seen that myself, but all I changed on my redis-config is the port and password, and of course aligning the claim generator's config accordingly.

If I find anything out about it I'll update my guide here:
https://krystof.io/setting-up-claim-markers-on-an-atlas-dedicated-server/

I'm using the AtlasTools redis version and I left everything as default.

18 hours ago, wuping said:

I'm using the AtlasTools redis version and I left everything as default.

Are both the generator and redis processes colocated on the same box?  If not, that could be why.  You can read up on the 'protected-mode' in your redis config and determine if that's a thing you want to change.

6 hours ago, KrystofIO said:

Are both the generator and redis processes colocated on the same box?  If not, that could be why.  You can read up on the 'protected-mode' in your redis config and determine if that's a thing you want to change.

Yes, they are on the same machine, I disabled protected mode as a test and I'm still getting the same error

6 hours ago, wuping said:

Yes, they are on the same machine, I disabled protected mode as a test and I'm still getting the same error

Sorry, Wuping.  Wish I could be more help.  Hopefully there's someone here with a little more Redis experience.

1 hour ago, KrystofIO said:

Sorry, Wuping.  Wish I could be more help.  Hopefully there's someone here with a little more Redis experience.

I think I figured it out, I had to change the binding IP address in the Redis. It's running without the error now, thanks a lot

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wuping said:

I think I figured it out, I had to change the binding IP address in the Redis. It's running without the error now, thanks a lot

Right on, good to know for future readers!

I'm seeing the blank page on the browser but nothing ingame, what could be the problem? 

On 1/11/2019 at 12:54 AM, wuping said:

how did you change that, i am running into the same issue. no idea what the hell im doing with the Redis.

8 hours ago, Dprince said:

how did you change that, i am running into the same issue. no idea what the hell im doing with the Redis.

Edit it in the redis config file