Sign in to follow this  
Bullet Force

Small Company Servers & No Alliances

As it stands currently if you are not in one of those 1000 member tribes you don't stand a chance when it comes to PVP in Atlas. This isn't healthy in the long term for the game and no doubt it will put a lot of players off from playing it. Each map square currently can only holds a max of 150 players and yet there are tribes out there with thousands of members. What is happening is these very large tribes are flooding individual areas maxing them out to 150 so that even those that have their main base there cannot log in to defend their base.

All of these issues could be solved if the developers took the same approach that ARK finally did by offering players another separate server cluster with restrictions on tribe size.  Small Tribe Servers in ARK proved to be an instant hit with continuous maxed out servers. Today it is currently its most popular mode in that game.

I would like to see a second map cluster for Atlas that limits company player size to say 20-30 max and no alliances. This would still allow enough people to be online at any one time to defend their base, while not allowing said company to be able to completely dominate any one server/map area. Now obviously there is nothing to stop companies making informal alliances between themselves but at least without a formal alliance things get a lot more complicated - allied name tags show as enemy, there is no alliance chat and claim flags become a mess. 

This is not a perfect solution and I don't believe there ever will be a perfect solution to this king of thing in games of this genre but it is far better then standing by and doing nothing.

• Like 2

Hey I have a better idea, how about you go host your own servers and make your own rules and then you can have a server with no alliances. 

and no there aren't alliances out there with thousands of members I'm in dynasty and we don't have over a thousand, we are just shy of 700, try again.

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy
  • Confused 1

The 1000+ tribes have not even started their map steamroll.. the forum whining posts will be very entertaining in january 😉

9 hours ago, Cpt. Peggy Leggy said:

Hey I have a better idea, how about you go host your own servers and make your own rules and then you can have a server with no alliances. 

and no there aren't alliances out there with thousands of members I'm in dynasty and we don't have over a thousand, we are just shy of 700, try again.

There are Chinese tribes with more then a mere 700 in any case as ARK proved the majority of folks do not want to play in servers in which they are forced to join very large groups in order to survive. If given the opportunity to choose the current setup or a small company server, most people will pick small company servers.

2 minutes ago, Bullet Force said:

There are Chinese tribes with more then a mere 700 in any case as ARK proved the majority of folks do not want to play in servers in which they are forced to join very large groups in order to survive. If given the opportunity to choose the current setup or a small company server, most people will pick small company servers.

Then go back to ark, FFS. This was advertised as a single shard MMO. 

Or go play on one of the non-official that has rules you like. Or host you own and make your own rules! Just FFS stop crying!

Edited by Cpt. Peggy Leggy

I Agree that,  that zerg guilds will break the game,  now in 1-2 Weeks the Playerbase will be sinking from day to day.

guys like peggy leggy dont understand that non official servers has a lot of bugs, and there costs for any cluster its really painful.

Hey Peggy, just FYI, hosting a unofficial server is only one region, not the entire map. The OP is correct that the huge guilds are killing the game, look at the twitch streams! Dropped like a rock in the ocean! I stopped playing PVP until they do something about it. I couldnt even touch land without being wiped out.

5 hours ago, Harry Bosch said:

I Agree that,  that zerg guilds will break the game,  now in 1-2 Weeks the Playerbase will be sinking from day to day.

guys like peggy leggy dont understand that non official servers has a lot of bugs, and there costs for any cluster its really painful.

All this time crying when you could be looking for people to play with instead of being determined to claim an island as a solo player.

17 hours ago, =MGC=Ranger said:

Hey Peggy, just FYI, hosting a unofficial server is only one region, not the entire map. The OP is correct that the huge guilds are killing the game, look at the twitch streams! Dropped like a rock in the ocean! I stopped playing PVP until they do something about it. I couldnt even touch land without being wiped out.

ARK had the same problems with mega tribes. Its just plain bad for competition in PVP to have these very large untouchable tribes that most of the time do not even fight one another since there is little to gain from it. If the devs wanted this setup I am sure they would have added proper factions which you would choose from when you create your character.

Interesting comments by all.  My own take is that whilst there are deffinate disadvantages to the mega guilds there are also options for smaller groups it just takes more work and better communication to handle mutliple guilds under one alliance banner ... however its not impossible as games like Eve have shown us.   It is not a game killer, all it means is that the map will end up being split into alliance held territories with small guilds having to pay tributes and provides ships when needed in exchange for land.

Edited by Drantis

On 12/31/2018 at 12:32 PM, Bullet Force said:

As it stands currently if you are not in one of those 1000 member tribes you don't stand a chance when it comes to PVP in Atlas. This isn't healthy in the long term for the game and no doubt it will put a lot of players off from playing it. Each map square currently can only holds a max of 150 players and yet there are tribes out there with thousands of members. What is happening is these very large tribes are flooding individual areas maxing them out to 150 so that even those that have their main base there cannot log in to defend their base.

All of these issues could be solved if the developers took the same approach that ARK finally did by offering players another separate server cluster with restrictions on tribe size.  Small Tribe Servers in ARK proved to be an instant hit with continuous maxed out servers. Today it is currently its most popular mode in that game.

I would like to see a second map cluster for Atlas that limits company player size to say 20-30 max and no alliances. This would still allow enough people to be online at any one time to defend their base, while not allowing said company to be able to completely dominate any one server/map area. Now obviously there is nothing to stop companies making informal alliances between themselves but at least without a formal alliance things get a lot more complicated - allied name tags show as enemy, there is no alliance chat and claim flags become a mess. 

This is not a perfect solution and I don't believe there ever will be a perfect solution to this king of thing in games of this genre but it is far better then standing by and doing nothing.

Won’t happen 

The upcoming patch is capping tribes at 500. This is a move in the right direction albeit one that is still not enough. Hopefully the devs keep their eyes glued to balance issues as the game further develops.

Edited by Bullet Force

1 hour ago, Bullet Force said:

The upcoming patch is capping tribes at 500. This is a move in the right direction albeit one that is still not enough. Hopefully the devs keep their eyes glued to balance issues as the game further develops.

It helps with hope that they are atleast  acknowledging a problem.  I wouod like to know what they plan to further address the issue when they say "long term".

Wouldn’t work anyways. Plenty of alliances are in small tribe servers on ark. These are ark players, they don’t play by the rules. Like ever

9 hours ago, Bullet Force said:

So the 1000 players companies just split into two 500 player companies and still sail together and raid together. Nothing changed in any direction.

even if they capped it at 100 that just means there will be 10 100 player companies sailing together and raiding together.

not only does wildcard want Megas to be around, they also couldn’t do anything even if they wanted to. 

The way they make the game it isn’t possible to stop Megas

8 hours ago, Big Bojangles said:

It helps with hope that they are atleast  acknowledging a problem.  I wouod like to know what they plan to further address the issue when they say "long term".

You gotta realize they want the Megas here. They even said that one day one company would rule the globe.

it is too late now. There is literally nothing that can be done 

they just honestly need to wipe the server and make everyone start fresh all problems solved right there every game needs a wipe or 2 in the beginning anyways 

Nah. The game is just going to die soon. Nothing anyone can do about it

Please make servers for small companies and no alliances. Not to mention: Make servers for duo/trio players, since they cant stand a chance vs. 20 man tribes. Ah, and dont forget the solo players! Give them their own servers!

1 hour ago, Realist said:

Nah. The game is just going to die soon. Nothing anyone can do about it

This is what you can read in every game´s forum. Won´t gonna happen.

• Haha 1