Sign in to follow this  
Realist

Free speech

First off I know that plenty of people on here both agree and disagree with me. Doesn’t matter who you are though, the one thing I dislike the most is someone that tries to force opinions on people or want to silence anyone.

i give influence not dictation. But I never try to stop them from speaking. Both sides are at fault for this.

there are words like hater, white knight, sympathizer, or whiner. Ok we just gotta deal with it.

there are other words like racial slangs and other bigoted remarks. Those are not cool. 

Calling someone a doo doo head isn’t something that should even be brought up.

people are here to say what they want to say rather it is negative or positive. Feel free to disagree but done try to silence. That is what communists do. Are you a communist?

• Like 1

Agree with this if the people are being rational (either way liking/disliking stuff) Constructive conversations go a long way to helping the devs develop these games. Rants and hate posts just make them not even bother looking at the forums (and I don't blame them).

The problem is there are no moderators for in game behavior and no in game report system.  Hell, I challenge anybody to find me what the actual official rules are for what is acceptable language in game. 

There are players on my server who are extremely racist, drop the N word constantly, and threaten people with real life threats and rape. 

It's true that it's not our place to silence others.  But there should be moderators whose job it is do so when they cross a clear line.  But where are they?  How do we contact them so they can review the behavior and take appropriate action?  Its ridiculous that its non existent in a game that claims to be an mmo.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dags said:

Agree with this if the people are being rational (either way liking/disliking stuff) Constructive conversations go a long way to helping the devs develop these games. Rants and hate posts just make them not even bother looking at the forums (and I don't blame them).

Number 1 I almost guarantee that is not true. I have probably had more devs comment on my tweets than any one else. I am sure you have seen me on Twitter. No I don’t want attention 😂 

I was one of the most hated people on the ark forums, but I also had more reputation points than any of the mods on the forums and they were posting every damn second.

i am what is called a necessary evil. When i told ced everyone said on the forum I should be the pr rep he looked at my other tweets and found one that said “wildcard is the worst dev company” he tweeted interesting. I then told him it was word play and he liked that as well.

do you think these devs don’t have tough skin by now? This is what they need. 

They don’t need idiots saying hey good job guys, you are doing awesome 👍

you know how much of those tweets get liked? Zero because they don’t need to hear that crap.

feel free to say it all you want, but that doesn’t help them in the slightest 

3 minutes ago, hillbillyal said:

The problem is there are no moderators for in game behavior and no in game report system.  Hell, I challenge anybody to find me what the actual official rules are for what is acceptable language in game. 

There are players on my server who are extremely racist, drop the N word constantly, and threaten people with real life threats and rape. 

It's true that it's not our place to silence others.  But there should be moderators whose job it is do so when they cross a clear line.  But where are they?  How do we contact them so they can review the behavior and take appropriate action?  Its ridiculous that its non existent in a game that claims to be an mmo.

Totally agree with you. The only difference is you happen to be talking about in game, and I was just talking about the forums in this post.

also I do not agree with racial slurs in game or on the forums but this was mainly a forum post. Sorry for the confusion 

1 hour ago, hillbillyal said:

Sorry I misunderstood

It’s all good. You showed me I probably should have put that I was talking about the forum instead of in game. Either way good points you brought up