PikaTheChu

Am I wrong or is everybody just building ships, not actually sailing them because of the ghost ships?

You are not wrong. But before the white knights get here let me qualify my statement. 

In the zone i am currently in - 70-90 people online generally - nobody is bothering to sail at the moment.

I sailed 16 hours yesterday from on side the map to the other. I saw less than 15 boats traveling. Most where rafts 2 schooners and probally 4 sloops. I have 4 zones to cross today to get home. But the ghost ships are a major issue.

Just now, Drunk said:

I sailed 16 hours yesterday from on side the map to the other. I saw less than 15 boats traveling. Most where rafts 2 schooners and probally 4 sloops. I have 4 zones to cross today to get home. But the ghost ships are a major issue.

Yes they are, avoiding them makes a journey across two zones take 2-3 hours lol.. if not more. Cant alt tab or afk during that time, its insanely punishing.

thats the state of the game yes... i am in a zone with a lot of buoys so i can go from island to island... but i do not dare to go to another zone because of fear to spawn into ghost ships... you are not alone 

It is pretty shit at this moment. 

I haven’t played much today, in the patch notes it was stated the ghost ships wonder off from shores and coasts, but that doesn’t work judging by your post? 

Have sailed most days since they were added to the game. Enjoying the extra tension they add to the otherwise boring journeys

Nearly everyone on my server would love to sail, however once you head out it’s not uncommon to see 5-8 SotD in the screen at any one time - it’s extremely time consuming to weave through them.  Then when you zone transition, you end up in a new zone amongst a pack of them, I’ve lost both my ships to this instance - new server, suddenly maelstrom and 3-4 SotD, dead.  Everyone is complaining of the same problems in the server. 

So instead of a server of sailing pirates, everyone is trapped on their islands taming animals and farming, because we cannot do anything else.  And for some reason the developer is silent on what we meant to do, guess it’s not a pirate game after all.  SotD is literally preventing us from playing, we need to sail to gather missing materials, it’s beyond ridiculous.

I only sign on now to trigger my activity timer for claims, chat with the locals, farm a few trees, and log off to play other games while I await for the developer to realize that hundreds of ghost ships in a pirate game isn’t fun.

Ding Ding Ding! - We have a winner!

Yep... every day we head on out to see if we can escape H10 by sea across any border, every day we find we cannot and go back to playing island adventure and leave the ships moored. Well, every day but today. Today we've officially thrown in the towel until they make the Damned genuinely rare/remove them entirely.

Edited by RyuujinZERO
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, peter said:

thats the state of the game yes... i am in a zone with a lot of buoys so i can go from island to island... but i do not dare to go to another zone because of fear to spawn into ghost ships... you are not alone 

Do bouy's prevent SotD from entering or spawning?  can you build them in the middle of the ocean?  

Wut the wut?!

Just now, Poot Pootington said:

Do bouy's prevent SotD from entering or spawning?  can you build them in the middle of the ocean?  

Wut the wut?!

from my understanding they prevent them from spawning... in my zone i have not many SotD and they easy to navigate around (in my zone with buoys)

Yep we were quite enjoying it before this last patch, had to avoid a few SotD but sailing and exploring was alot of fun, then yesterday's patch hit, every 5 mins regardless we were trying to avoid them, saw 30+ ships travelling through in 2.5 zones, the entire thing became boring, predictable and annoying. Really sucked the fun out of sailing.

I posted about this before and i would say that you are correct. For me there is no point in building a ship that takes around 4 hours to complete solo only to have it destroyed as soon as i set sail to another zone. Especially since i cannot fight back as i have no cannons at the moment.

I am on a sloop right now with only one medium sale.   its crazy fast.  can't turn well but we can outrun a ghost ship fairly easily 

Definitely right in my case, my schooner wasnt used once.

Now i build a Sloop, which i'll probably not use either.

I really want to sail though, but i don't want to loose it in 20min or so

• Like 1

I have a schooner build right now and wont sail it due to the amount of Ghost Ships on my tile. We lost 3 sloops with in 15 mins of being built due to switching tiles and a ship being right in front of us with crap wind ( which doesn't affect the ghost ships at all).

Build 2 Ships, they never left the beach.

I would love to sail the Schooner but yea, devs don't want us to sail across the ocean i guess.

I will also not start to build a Brigandine, because of Griefers in PvE.

Right now i'am about to build a litte City on a lawless island because i'am bored.

lots of people are sinking the ghost ships left and right.  the green ones go down pretty easy.

And if you are paying attention, you can easily avoid them in a sloop with one medium sail. 

The biggest risk areas are grid border crossings cause you dont know whats on the other side.  Till they mitigate that somehow, recommend stopping on one side of the border and swimming across to see.

I lost my first Schooner right after SotD were added into the game. No wind + 3 ships on me after logging back in after the patch. I've lost 2 sloops zoning into another area and spawning literally on top of a SotD, again no wind to sail away (smallest wind arrow possible every time).

I still attempt to sail as I need to find the resources to be able to build cannon (Island has silver, requires gems to make ignots, no gems on island) so am unable to defend/attack SotD anyway. Catch 22

Sailed across the map multiple times in schooners, sloops and brig. Ghost ships are not even an issue at all. Their aggro range is tiny and the green ones are easy to kill, the yellow ones are also not too difficult usually, red = run away. Its honestly very rare that you will be forced to fight one and if you have even 2 or 3 cannons you will probably win. Or sail away. Its only when you have no cannons and the wind is incredibly slow and you get really unlucky and somehow aggro one that you will be in trouble. That's such a rare occurrence. At this point I find it basically impossible to die to them. They are about as much of a threat as tornados which also dont do anything really.

Edited by MightySheep

They are slow, but they are everywhere, they hit hard an with many cannons and they camp edges of maps so traveling between zones is a no no without a raft or an alpha company with ships having tens of cannons. Will not dare to build anything past raft untill their spawn rate is lowered by like 4x from this point even if these are 20% of the original spawn rates, they are still everywhere, sailing between islands is just following wind and begging there is no 2-3 damned ships in where we want to go, missed atleast half islands bcs wind was in the islands direction but there just must have been a wall of undad ships.

Well, building other ships than rafts is completely pointless. One  diver removes a plank and the mighty galleon is sunk. Or a ship of the damn sinks it.

You explore an island and anchor your ship, when you come back ladders are up, ship is claimed, beds are  Trolls swarm the deck.

Best defence is to live in poverty, if you have nothing they want there is no point in killing you.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:36 AM, PikaTheChu said:

The Megas are definitely sailing. So much in fact they have two dedicate territory maps that update regularly on how much they are expanding their territory. 

Pretty soon you will have to be sailing because you won’t have anymore land