Chinnius

Can't Rejoin after Changing Home Server

Resets wont fix it, they had a forced reset earlier and i did not fix the issue.
so i went ahead and brought a new account, a 2nd time, and this time i actually got ingame after 1 failed loading.

2 hours later i teleported to my friend bed in another sector and the game failed send me there because of same timeout, now i keep getting timeouts on the 2nd account as well.

This is 100% certain its an issue on there end and its an issue with the character stuck in limbo between where it was and where it was suppose to go.
not being able to load into the new place, seeing as they proberly dont have any real error msg for something like this, they just send the standart msg:
being Timeout.

Almost 8 hours later, and still unable to join anything. The "Change Home Server" button should be renamed "Are you done having fun? Excellent! Click here!"

"This is 100% certain its an issue on there end and its an issue with the character stuck in limbo between where it was and where it was suppose to go.
not being able to load into the new place, seeing as they proberly dont have any real error msg for something like this, they just send the standart msg:
being Timeout."

yup, hit the nail on the head there

So i just had a friend test login on my account, and hes got NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER logging in and playing on my character..
so its not server side, and its not fixed with a reinstall, and it does not affect a new steam client that just brought the game.

anyone got any idears where to look in regedit or local stored files for this issue?
cuz it cant be server side if he can log in, and it cant be main game files if its possible to use a new purchased account to play.

After he had logged in, i tried my self ofc, and i have exactly the same issue once again.
so even if i assumed it would be on there end, its not entirely..

Edited by ChroNic Lotto

try have a friend log into your character if you have someone you trust.
its wicket weird but after loggin in the first time i can no longer login but my friend has no issues logging into my account..

It won't let you get in since it is in their server information, the server lost you but the system knows you have a character in the world but the system can't find it and that is the message you are getting. copy paste the link of this thread on their twitter accounts in the comments below the their last tweets- should catch their eye. Hang on bros

I've tried everything... soon i hope. I was having fun even with the bit of lag argh. Just cause I didn't want to start in the frozen water again and clicked that stupid button damn it.

I did everything i can do its a Server sided issue and it's well know in Ark and they still did not fix this issue. 

I can see the Server and Cluster but everything else is the same and i get the same Error, even with 5.0 (screenshot is older but the error is the same)

BUGS.jpg

The game now lists a region for the rejoin button... it didn't do that before... still doesn't connect... but progress?

Same here havent been able to log into NA Kracken's Maw PVP since i crashed out whilst trying to change home region from L2 to A10, I can join all other worlds but no longer the one me and my friends play on

Confirmed this is a bug. I went around and made a character on each server, got in easily. I would play a bit and then on death set my home server to something else. I would then get the Host Connection Timeout error message. From there I was unable to rejoin the server in any fashion. So it seems this puts your character into limbo on that server and you are unable to ever rejoin it no matter what region you try to get into there.

Same here.

Game is completely broken on the server side of things. Major fix is needed before anyone will have a good time. Changed home region and now can't make a new character or spawn in anything.

Here is the thing

If your character's "Home Server" is one of the many slot capped starting zones, no matter what you do, you won't be able to login. No matter what square you select, it will try to log you in to that slot capped server, and unless you're super lucky, or you join right after a server DC, you will just get timed out.

Now, they opened all these extra starting zones. Half of them are in Ice, and don't spawn any fiber. So you can't even build a raft to get off the island. Some of the new starting zones spawn you in the middle of the freezing ocean with sharks. 

The few that do spawn fiber or stuff you need to make rafts, are all also slot capped.

You can change your home server to the non slot capped servers no problem (the ones that are all Ice and unlivable). Usually, if you try to change your home server to a slot capped server, it won't let you. If you're actually able to change it, say after a server dc or w/e, you might get disconnected halfway through the process and get stuck there.

The only hope you have, is somehow logging into a starter zone with fiber, get a raft, and get to a non starter zone. Put a bed down, and protect it at all costs.