Sign in to follow this  
HANABI

ATLAS, The worst game of 2018

11 minutes ago, HANABI said:

Now, to those who made the mistake by calling the Damned Ships "Ghost Ships" can you quit this topic please ? You're not enough informed to be able to talk, you're too stupid to make good arguing or good points since you don't even know what you're talking about...
 AND THIS IS A DAMNED SHIP : And you're the kind of people that are allowed to vote ? Seriously ? I understand why the world is going to shit with dumb, missinformed people like you dude.

Why the constant personal insults?  That's twice in like a single day.  Chill out.  I call it a ghost ship because I want to?  If we're getting technical, it's actually "Ship of the Damned" which would imply those aboard are damned, not necessarily the ship itself.  So Damned Ship is also incorrect.  Furthermore, a lot of posts complain that Atlas is too much like Ark, but you're asking for it to be more like Ark?  You can't satisfy everyone, I guess.

And I thought you were leaving?  I'm not sure how many times I'm supposed to say good bye to you.  I'm starting to suspect your post might have just been click bait to get attention.

PS. You spelled "misinformed" incorrectly.  When it is underlined in red, it's detecting a spelling error. 

11 minutes ago, Willard said:

Soloplay is really hard in Atlas. Honestly I think its not even meant to be played alone. Maybe, just maybe, on pve private servers with increased rates and increased skillpoints for levels. 

In "About this Game" on Steam it says:

Start small then expand your spheres of influence from a small island, up to an unstoppable pirate empire that spans across the oceans.

So to me it doesn't really seem like it's intended for solo play, it's about teamwork and cooperation and working as a larger team.  A cool concept, but I guess we'll see how it goes.  Seems like right now only "the Chinese" are forming an empire and whooping butt.  And yep, I play on a private server with modified settings and it makes a world of difference.  Intended for it or not, it's actually a super fun game when you tweak a few settings to your liking and don't have to deal with all the drama.  I'm optimistic to see where it goes, despite all the crazy tantrums people are throwing.

37 minutes ago, Willard said:

Soloplay is really hard in Atlas. Honestly I think its not even meant to be played alone. Maybe, just maybe, on pve private servers with increased rates and increased skillpoints for levels. 

This is what you get if you don’t inform yourself. I don’t blame you since everyone buys games not informed. But before the release it was stated this game is designed for groups of players. Sure you can play solo, but that will be extremely difficult. You will need help at some point along the way, or you should be happy with all the skills you have acquired. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Domino said:

That is pretty much the literal definition of Early Access.  A game that isn't fully functional yet that will hopefully, maybe be better one day.  That's almost equivalent to saying "I wish everyone would just stop telling me that the sky is blue."

What improvements have they made so far?  

Anyone can now demolish shipwreck structures to regain resources so get your diving suits ready!

- NPC Trading Ships are back and no longer affected by wild dino destruction commands! Reminder for those with deep pockets, the trader ships have an epic Dragon which can be purchased for 50,000 gold coins

Further reduced Ship of the Damned spawns by 20%

Those are just a few points from the patch notes within the past like day or so.  So, you know, those improvements.  I would post more, but there's a lot of good stuff in the patch notes.  You should check them out.

That's because we are playing a game being developed by someone else.  I get the impression that a lot of people seem to have have the impression that any EA game is being designed just for them.  In reality, it probably isn't.  What makes those people any more special than any other player, other than their own perception? 

And there are a lot of other things you can do than just bitching.  Like playing a game you are enjoying, rather than a game you are not enjoying.

Rage is unhealthy.  Especially over a game that cost all of $25, has been out for a week, and in Early Access no less.  People need to chill out.  Observing people lose their cool over this is mind-blowing, to be honest.  If you bought a buggy game, go refund it if you're not happy.  Too late to refund it?  Well, should have paid attention to the time you had to make the decision rather than ignoring it.  There are restrictions with the Steam refunds.  And Steam makes those restrictions, and you agree to them when you buy through them.

Does this mean you've come back?  So your original post was not your good bye?  I'm confused.  If you are leaving, good bye.  I hear minecraft is fun.  Or PUBG.

And honestly, if people are getting this worked out, it's probably best to take a step back and say "You know what, I'm either going to cut my losses and move on, or hope that with time and a bit more baking it's going to be amazing."  If you are spending hour after hour and hating it, then just stop.  A discounted pricetag of like $25CAD is not worth the stress you're putting yourself through.  Come back in a week, or month, or year, or whenever, but stop forcing yourself to endure something you're not enjoying.

you do understand that if you are not capable of directing initial rants into more constructive conversations, you are not supposed to give responses that just stir the fire? but yeah lets just throw another EA excuse.... so much writing not much essence 😞 

1 hour ago, Percieval said:

This is what you get if you don’t inform yourself. I don’t blame you since everyone buys games not informed. But before the release it was stated this game is designed for groups of players. Sure you can play solo, but that will be extremely difficult. You will need help at some point along the way, or you should be happy with all the skills you have acquired. 

U know i was reacting to OP and telling him this game isn´t for loners right? I am very well informed and I know it´s not for loners ;) 

9 minutes ago, Willard said:

U know i was reacting to OP and telling him this game isn´t for loners right? I am very well informed and I know it´s not for loners 😉

No problem, I reacted to the second sentence, but I understand english is not everyone’s best 😄 

29 minutes ago, Percieval said:

No problem, I reacted to the second sentence, but I understand english is not everyone’s best 😄 

Ye that´s not my first language 🙂

18 hours ago, HANABI said:

- VITAMIN STILL SUCKS !! PIRATES DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT VITAMINS !!

Scurvy was actually a #1 reason for why you wouldn't want to become a sailor. 

Totally disagree. The first half of what you listed already got fixed. The other bugs are like meh its literally just launched and constant updates, a few bugs expected. Ships of the damned are easy to avoid, easy to kill. Flotsams do need buffing but they are still useful to collect coins to recruit important NPCs. Losing your ship overnight does suck but then you realize tall stone walls are the meta and leaving your ship out in the open is dumb. Vitamins are dumb but not exactly difficult to maintain. Alphas can be a pain but itd be boring if every mob was easy. They give super XP so its not exactly something to be upset about.

I dont get why you would complain that its difficult when it's a freaking survival game. If you cant hack it solo then why not join a group? 

Edited by MightySheep
  • Like 1

yeah i'm done withs this game, will never come back, maybe on a big unofficial, without big change in claim systeme and a offline protection for ship or raid off time irl. And make base more hard to raid, now is too easy, just, wtf no building for make climb impossible, triple grenade dommage, seriously  ? wtf is this shit.

Edited by barradrine

Most of the complaints about the game are from people who want a Sea of Thieves pew pew pew with more content, but not a MMO with progression and time to accomplish things.

For them, there are over 3400 unofficial servers.

And if you dont like any of those, start your own for $13/mo for 1x1 for 10 people.

• Like 1

Just now, archaegeo said:

Most of the complaints about the game are from people who want a Sea of Thieves pew pew pew with more content, but not a MMO with progression and time to accomplish things.

For them, there are over 3400 unofficial servers.

And if you dont like any of those, start your own for $13/mo for 1x1 for 10 people.

People who don'T like the game, don't like it because that was not what was announced in trailer. They speak of eve, but i'm probably sure theise deve don't know a shit about eve now. And they are no progression when you keep be raid/steal your claim because, this game is juste make for big company....

There are issues, but there must be a reason why 56-60 000 people play it daily 😉

• Like 1