Sign in to follow this  
Zaki

ETA on thundra zone islands

Hello, is there any eta on thundra islands getting materils fix? (In my small/humble opinion) all "squares/zones" should have at least one Island with all essential (all vitamins,meat, and material to build survival armor)  material to survive, or at least tundra should have essentials to build fur amor(I.E esquimos survive in atlas without travelling) or maybe change fur craft armor materials.  

There is plenty trees bushes but they give nothing. Its kinda impossible to survive since not even saps are there,(essencial to build fur armor) but it has climat for it and bushes trees etc. 

I traveled to another Island to get some saps/syrup and was going back and got atacked by ShipOD they spawn every inch even if they target you close range its still impossible to get by them with no wind at all, at least make them obey wind law as well. 

Needed to take this out of my chest, since I invested long time on that Island but some people are so previleged over others that makes things rlly hard to play. 

Sorry for my english, not my mother languge. 

I understand this is EA and you doing great work on fixing all stuff pretty fast. It just me being little impaciente about my tiny spot on Island hehe. 

Happy new year all, cheers. 

I live in the northern Tundra Desert.  And I find the lack of sap kind of a pain... but we have adapted... and with my fortitude being in the 30s I dont have a problem with the temperature.   As for vitamins.. hahahahaha... that's easy.. fishing for D, Rosemary and wild greens for C,  and there is enough goats, pigs, sheep, cows, and lions and snakes to have plenty of B,  and A well you have arctic berries and a dozen other small berries all over the place.

And with cooking I dont even need wild greens.. I can just turn berries into tea, which turns it into vitamin C.   

As for ghost ships... funny my company mates made it all the way down to the tropic regions from where we are without having one issue with them.   They just out ran them or avoided them.   

Other than that we have everything else we need... what we want is a completely different story.  I know people who live in the desert region who dont have metal, or water.  

Yes I brouth fiber to islandand avoided ships, but it takes a lot of time to come back and in my área wind is low, (the arrow is small) wich makes avoiding and ging round them even harder or even running from them, it takes me almost 1h to get to my Island on my square. 

BUMP for people to share their thundra Island story! All welcome. 

I live in the tundra and have zero problem with the fact that there is no sap or decent fibre here I simply travel and ship it in.....

This game is after all about sailing...

My problem isnt that the tundra is broken my problem is that the other Biomes are NOT correct and need similiar problems that make them travel!!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree with you on that, it should be equal and not one Island having all materials there is and some only having some. 

My island has 0 fiber/cotton in the Tundra... I have to actually travel to another island to get any... and no im not missing it, I searched from shore to shore, and not a single cotton plant... but find an average amount nearby... but a shit ton of berries... why is a primary (needed in everything resource) not available? But I have a billion berries! *sighs*

Yeah most Tundra islands don't have any fiber. Which as everyone said is used for EVERYTHING. I seems like it should have at least an "advantage" over another island Ie. tons of metal or something. But from what I've see there is no advantage or even company's coming up to gather resources as there are much more fertile lands in the south.

45 minutes ago, LtSharpShooter said:

Yeah most Tundra islands don't have any fiber. Which as everyone said is used for EVERYTHING. I seems like it should have at least an "advantage" over another island Ie. tons of metal or something. But from what I've see there is no advantage or even company's coming up to gather resources as there are much more fertile lands in the south.

Yup, its cold filled with wolves and vultures, and nothing special resource wise other than the lack of the most common material... its the only area smaller companies can build in to not immediately get nuked by bigger ones, and this is a major hindrance. 😕

If you're going to be missing one vital resource, fiber is the best since it weighs so little and can be harvested so quickly. I would like to see compensation like more metal or sap though. All islands should be missing something to force travel / trade. 

Yes, before getting this game also hoped to have a tiny island (please add very small islands scattered arround for 1-3 flags space!) onw hich would have resources that others don't have and would be like some exotics trader, selling them goods for... goods that need by self. But turns out everything is everywhere, only predators are different and different types of resources are here and there like, different kinds of wood, stone etc. But tundra, tundra have most op predators (wolves), have no fiber (ppl say there is cotton on some islands... never seen one except freeport), fishing is hard bcs water is cold filled with sharks and... though fishing with rod needs sap to fish?, if it needs sap then fishing with rod is impossible too, there is no sap so can't make fur armor despite fur armor being... exactly for this enviorment and also is cold. Was on tropics once, someone could just afk there, is so calm and good, perfect temperature, all resources, no stupid wolves everywhere and respawning in next 5 minutes despite killing justa moment ago.