Rellom

Racist Names

I am getting really tired  of sailing around and running around seeing Racist names on boats and so on.

You all going to do something about this or what?

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Rellom said:

I am getting really tired  of sailing around and running around seeing Racist names on boats and so on.

I wouldn’t post it on here man. The devs don’t come here. This is more for the gaming community. 

Best to try on twitter because at least they tweet there and you can respond directly to them.

this is a good place to vent but not a good place to get results 

Maybe realize this is the internet and if you expect no to be offended you're in the wrong spot. Go back to the safe spaces on your college campus. The ironic part is that the players that I know whose names are suggestive of racial slurs are actually that race and very funny people with a good sense of humor. So while you'd see them and think "Wow that's offensive to blacks or native born Mexicans" in this case the player is actually black or Mexican. Just keep that in mind when you're finding things that upset you online.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Mega said:

Maybe realize this is the internet and if you expect no to be offended you're in the wrong spot. Go back to the safe spaces on your college campus. The ironic part is that the players that I know whose names are suggestive of racial slurs are actually that race and very funny people with a good sense of humor. So while you'd see them and think "Wow that's offensive to blacks or native born Mexicans" in this case the player is actually black or Mexican. Just keep that in mind when you're finding things that upset you online.

Not true.

Most of the time it is the exact opposite.  90% of the time its some kid (less than 25 years old) who thinks he's being cool and from the whitest of the white family.  If he got any whiter he would be milk.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Hodo said:

Not true.

Most of the time it is the exact opposite.  90% of the time its some kid (less than 25 years old) who thinks he's being cool and from the whitest of the white family.  If he got any whiter he would be milk.  

Actually what I said was in the case of people who I know. Meaning you can't tell me it's not true, it's a personal experience and not some sort of claim. Speaking of claims and statistics, do you have anything to base your claim on that 90% are white? I mean that's a lot if white people considering its more than the u.s. which is only what ~70% white?  So where is your data or are you just accusing white people of racism with no information except your opinion?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi!

I didn't read your post... and decided I would just type whatever, made up, nonsense that came in my mind at the moment.

"players that I know" seems to have lost its meaning... sigh

Anyone who claims "this is the internet get over it" as an excuse to justify racist behavior doesnt really have a firm understanding of how the internet works.  When you take part in using a service on the internet, you are also agreeing to follow the community rules and guidelines set forth by that service. 

These forums, steam, all your social media platforms and YouTube, and thousands of other independent websites all have rules that you agree to follow when you sign up and log in.  They are all different.  

If you want to be racist, start your own website, blog, or private server.  Other than that, you dont have free reign to do whatever you want, and you certainly dont have free reign to tell other people how they should feel about it.  

Edited by hillbillyal
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hillbillyal said:

Anyone who claims "this is the internet get over it" as an excuse to justify racist behavior doesnt really have a firm understanding of how the internet works.  When you take part in using a service on the internet, you are also agreeing to follow the community rules and guidelines set forth by that service. 

These forums, steam, all your social media platforms and YouTube, and thousands of other independent websites all have rules that you agree to follow when you sign up and log in.  They are all different.  

If you want to be racist, start your own website, blog, or private server.  Other than that, you dont have free reign to do whatever you want, and you certainly dont have free reign to tell other people how they should feel about it.  

OH fuck of with your T&C's... its the cancer of internet... most of us agree that racist shit and other crap is bad... i dont like it most other do not... but wuite a few here understand you can not censor without enabling a loophole for asshole to go for personal gains.... i rather have some shitheads that i ignore instead of a tool for asshole to abuse people!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I believe he was just stating an observation that rightly or wrongly is his experience. I'm going to go out on limb, because I don't know for sure, but I think he's not agreeing with it per se.

1 minute ago, peter said:

OH fuck of with your T&C's... its the cancer of internet... most of us agree that racist shit and other crap is bad... i dont like it most other do not... but wuite a few here understand you can not censor without enabling a loophole for asshole to go for personal gains.... i rather have some shitheads that i ignore instead of a tool for asshole to abuse people!

I think we will have to agree to disagree my friend, I think players should be held accountable for violating rules.

• Like 4

If you get offended over such minor things then you probably shouldn't be playing multiplayer video games especially in a PVP environment. You play a game where you get to shoot people dead and hack off their limbs, does it really matter if someone swears at you ingame.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Mega said:

So the word N***er is ok.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 12:01 PM, Mega said:

Well I do not attend college, I am 49, and if you want me to call you and your friends N**er, then I shall, or I can call you all kinds of other stuff and we shall see how you like it.

it people like you that are ruining this planet with your stink ass thinking.

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:47 PM, Bullet Force said:

If you get offended over such minor things then you probably shouldn't be playing multiplayer video games especially in a PVP environment. You play a game where you get to shoot people dead and hack off their limbs, does it really matter if someone swears at you ingame.

I shouldn't have to play a game that everyone can play and have to look at the word N***er on a boat and other places.

Swearing is another case, but something is suppose to be illegal, e can sure use in a game.

Bunch of ignorant fucks these days, so many shitty parents raising these kids these days.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 12:01 PM, Mega said:

You seem to be under the misconception that "the internet" is the exclusive playground for antisocial moronic little boys.  It is not.  

In the same way people shouldn't run up to their grandmother at a family reunion and yell, "suck my d*C32k  ni&%r", they also shouldn't do that in public spaces on the internet.  

In meatspace, if rotten children want to use bad language, they have the sense to do it only in private groups.  "The internet" is no different, just because it's a "series of tubes" (Sen. Ted Stevens R-Alaska)

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 10:56 AM, Hodo said:

Not true.

Reported for racism and inciting racial profiling.

• Like 1

The western world has long forgotten what true racism is.  Try going to the middle east.

As for atlas, get a grip you scuuuuurvy dawg.

Disclaimer:  No insult was meant to any dogs suffering from scurvy, articles in this post are of fictitious nature and any resemblance to the outside world or real life situations is purely coincidental.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:58 AM, Rellom said:

Yeah I get really triggered when I see boat names that are derogatory slang for my heritage too.....

Just kidding I am not a fragile millennial snow flake, that can only survive in soft padded safe environments where the ignorant  words of bad people can't hurt my delicate ego....

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, JohnM81 said:

Just kidding I am not a fragile millennial snow flake, that can only survive in soft padded safe environments where the ignorant  words of bad people can't hurt my delicate ego....

It's not about being triggered you bloody fool, it's about what is acceptable behavour in an online game. We get into an argument and you start sending me abuse, then that's fine, I should have an ignore function of course but I don't feel there is any need for any other intervention.

You name your character after a racial slur (or your ship etc), run around the zone screaming obscenties through your mic, spam global with the N word (or similar) then yes of course you should be hit hard with the banhammer. How is this even a descussion.

Here's your sign.

42 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

It's not about being triggered

42 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

you bloody fool

HAHA. Just gave yourself up there...

8 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

Checks sign, moves on.

Grats! When you limit your posts to four words you don't give yourself away. 

I call that Progress!

Edited by JohnM81

Just now, JohnM81 said:

Grats! When you limit your posts to four words you don't contradict yourself. 

I call that Progress!

Equates being called a fool for holding a foolish opinion, which they offered up in a discussion forum, to spamming the n word on global chat.

Sign confirmed as 100% accurate.