Rellom

Racist Names

19 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

Checks sign, moves on.

5 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

Sign confirmed as 100% accurate.

And here I thought you moved on... Dare I say you did it again... And you did so well with the four word posts. I think you should stick with that!

On ‎12‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 3:31 PM, peter said:

OH fuck of with your T&C's... its the cancer of internet... most of us agree that racist shit and other crap is bad... i dont like it most other do not... but wuite a few here understand you can not censor without enabling a loophole for asshole to go for personal gains.... i rather have some shitheads that i ignore instead of a tool for asshole to abuse people!

Sorry dude but its time to grow up and learn how the real world works. When you're using someone else's platform, such as a game or social media service, they have every right to control the content on that service. You agreed to that when you agreed to the ToS and used the service. If you don't like such agreements you're free to not use those services. No one is forcing you to play a specific game or use a certain social media platform.

You could instead create your own game or media platform where racist are welcome, which seems to be important to you for some reason. That's the right you have. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JohnM81 said:

And here I thought you moved on... Dare I say you did it again... And you did so well with the four word posts. I think you should stick with that!

Contemplates how he can dare do whatever he wants, sign merely reminds why he does.

3 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

Contemplates how he can dare do whatever he wants, sign merely reminds why he does.

I understand how coming up with your own jokes are hard being >4 words and you end up contradicting yourself. But alas Bill Engvall can't save you here. 

Just now, JohnM81 said:

I understand how coming up with your own jokes are hard being >4 words and you end up contradicting yourself. But alas Bill Engvall can't save you here. 

Contemplates how accuracy is further proved by subject missing that reference point was intended and required. Laughs wrly to himself and at him.

3 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

Contemplates how accuracy is further proved by subject missing that reference point was intended and required. Laughs wrly to himself and at him.

OMG a single post where poster isn't ripping off a Bill Engvall joke...

Actually, your posts are now kinda dull. Lets bring Ol'Bill back. He is still the life of your dull and boring party.

13 minutes ago, JohnM81 said:

OMG a single post where poster isn't ripping off a Bill Engvall joke...

Actually, your posts are now kinda dull. Lets bring Ol'Bill back. He is still the life of your dull and boring party.

Contemplates how, even if that were the case, how now is far better than always and how self reflection is one of the particular weak points of a dull mind.

1 hour ago, Not Happy said:

Contemplates how, even if that were the case, how now is far better than always and how self reflection is one of the particular weak points of a dull mind.

Okay, so now that I have trolled you and baited you out where a larger point can be made we can move on to address it. I have offended you with insults and slander from the beginning and now you are responding with the same and rightfully so as I 'started it'. Your verbally derogatory remarks, which are justified, are only justified as a manner of opinion. So others might have the opinion that you consistently using derogatory remarks to reference my mental aptitude is uncalled, or even hateful, if they also were ignorant of my goading you.  

So the larger question is, for those who don't know I have been antagonizing you, should you be censored for your derogatory remarks? Now all of this isn't to say that racist words on boats, names, ect is ever justified, but our response to it very much must be tempered with the knowledge that the slipper slope applies here. Once we classify words as 'offensive' and such a label removing all protections of free expression of ideas, then that power can be misused and abused. 

Should we ask big brother to come in and censor the freedom of vile persons who wish to use derogatory comments? Or should we 'educate' them that being vile has a cost in a virtual community as it does in a reality community? I would suggest that education from the destruction of in game items via player justice would be far more educational and even might prompt better behavior in reality communities.

You should not be censored for deriding my mental aptitude as I started it. But even if I didn't prompt it from you, we as a society must not instill in ourselves the idea that words we don't like are not fit to be used. It is no secret that this game isn't a protected free speech venue. But we must resist training our minds with the censorship knee jerk response. Because only a fool would think that if it is the first thought here... It wouldn't be more tempting to be our first thought in other venues, perhaps even free speech venues.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JohnM81 said:

Okay, so now that I have trolled you and baited you out where a larger point can be made we can move on to address it. I have offended you with insults and slander from the beginning and now you are responding with the same and rightfully so as I 'started it'. Your verbally derogatory remarks, which are justified, are only justified as a manner of opinion. So others might have the opinion that you consistently using derogatory remarks to reference my mental aptitude is uncalled, or even hateful, if they also were ignorant of my goading you.  

So the larger question is, for those who don't know I have been antagonizing you, should you be censored for your derogatory remarks? Now all of this isn't to say that racist words on boats, names, ect is ever justified, but our response to it very much must be tempered with the knowledge that the slipper slope applies here. Once we classify words as 'offensive' and such a label removing all protections of free expression of ideas, then that power can be misused and abused. 

Should we ask big brother to come in and censor the freedom of vile persons who wish to use derogatory comments? Or should we 'educate' them that being vile has a cost in a virtual community as it does in a reality community? I would suggest that education from the destruction of in game items via player justice would be far more educational and even might prompt better behavior in reality communities.

You should not be censored for deriding my mental aptitude as I started it. But even if I didn't prompt it from you, we as a society must not instill in ourselves the idea that words we don't like are not fit to be used. It is no secret that this game isn't a protected free speech venue. But we must resist training our minds with the censorship knee jerk response. Because only a fool would think that if it is the first thought here... It wouldn't be more tempting to be our first thought in other venues, perhaps even free speech venues.

Contemplates wall of text and delusions of how he has trolled and baited somebody else and then doesn't even read beyond that point. Checks sign, feels gratified about being right.

Just now, Not Happy said:

Contemplates wall of text

Four small paragraphs is a wall of text?

• Like 1

sigh...Guys, please stop the bickering and the derailing of this thread....Stay on topic or take it elsewhere off the site.

4 minutes ago, JohnM81 said:

Four small paragraphs is a wall of text?

Contemplates wether poster now understands that I understand trolling very well and have no problems with a bit of banter of even quite harsh nature, wonders if he is starting to get the difference between that and repeatedly spamming N word in global chat. Wonders if poster understands what a line is and what is way over it.

Edited by Not Happy

On 12/31/2018 at 12:31 PM, peter said:

OH fuck of with your T&C's... its the cancer of internet... most of us agree that racist shit and other crap is bad... i dont like it most other do not... but wuite a few here understand you can not censor without enabling a loophole for asshole to go for personal gains.... i rather have some shitheads that i ignore instead of a tool for asshole to abuse people!

I wish I could say what I want to say to  you!!!

But I would be just as bad as you and your ilk....

Edited by Sulfurblade

9 minutes ago, Khilandros said:

sigh...Guys, please stop the bickering and the derailing of this thread....Stay on topic or take it elsewhere off the site.

Fair enough, I did have a point even if it did take a while to make it. I feel it's done now 😉

Edited by Not Happy
emphasis

11 minutes ago, Not Happy said:

Contemplates wether poster now understands that I understand trolling very well and have no problems with a bit of banter of even quite harsh nature, wonders if he is starting to get the difference between that and repeatedly spamming N word in global chat. Wonders if poster understands what a line is and what is way over it.

Shame that you are letting your bruised ego, of being trolled, getting in the way of realizing that what you posted was the very issue that I addressed in a previous reply. Maybe ol' Bill has a sign for you as well.

Edited by JohnM81

On 12/31/2018 at 10:58 AM, Rellom said:

I am getting really tired  of sailing around and running around seeing Racist names on boats and so on.

You all going to do something about this or what?

We had a new recruit turn out to be a griefer.  This is what he named our first Brigantine.

I notified the Devs, and even talked to one in game.  They did nothing about it, and this was about 3 days before the SotD zerg soft wipe...which is how I know it was a soft wipe to reduce the number of big ships in the game, after the skill tree was made harder through more cost per skill, and slower level progression.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:56 PM, Hodo said:

Not true.

Most of the time it is the exact opposite.  90% of the time its some kid (less than 25 years old) who thinks he's being cool and from the whitest of the white family.  If he got any whiter he would be milk.  

No need to make your feelings take over and say racist shit about my skin color and nordic heritage. Do you have problems with us non americans white people. Just letting you know a huge portion of people of europe are white and does not have alot of privilage have struggeling famlies. So why you bash on us?

• Confused 1